Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 2:42 AM Last edited by Ember_Wolff : 19th Feb 2017 at 2:52 AM. Reason: I accidentally put it in the wrong category
Default How do I convert TS2 Custom Content Clothing and Hair to TS4 Custom Content Clothing and Hair?
I really need help with this. I haven't seen any forums for how to convert TS2 Custom Content Clothing and Hair to TS4 Custom Content Clothing and Hair. I would like a tutorial on how to do this because I wanted to make the Akatsuki from Naruto and there is no CC for any of the Akatsuki members in TS4 and the only Akatsuki CC was by Amyhotchic.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 3:01 AM
I'd like to know this too, I made so many clothing for the sims 2, if i could just redo them for the sims 4..I'd be quite happy.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 4:12 AM
More simple that you think.

Basic way: Extract a TS2 Texture, find a similar TS4 mesh, then reapply the texture with a clone brush in a paint program.

If you want the Mesh, slightly more advanced, Extract the TS2 .obj file, Import it onto a TS4 body template wih Blender, you need to re-position it and resize the mesh to fit a TS4 sim, then recreate the texture.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim

Basic way: Extract a TS2 Texture, find a similar TS4 mesh, then reapply the texture with a clone brush in a paint program.

If you want the Mesh, slightly more advanced, Extract the TS2 .obj file, Import it onto a TS4 body template wih Blender, you need to re-position it and resize the mesh to fit a TS4 sim, then recreate the texture.

How do I extract the TS2 .obj file?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim

That's it? What about bones and stuff...sims 2 body is the same as sims 4 body?
Besides scaling a bit...nothing else? Seems way too easy. But if this is right, wow...

Quote: Originally posted by Ember_Wolff
How do I extract the TS2 .obj file?

You need SimPE .

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 4:46 PM
Bit more complicated than that, I'm afraid. You still have to do a bit of skeleton/bone assignments or at least an adaption of these, and all those other things.

I've only ever tried converting clothes from TS3/4 to TS2 - but I'm not sure if I would recommend converting clothes from TS2 to TS3/4, because TS3/4 has extra bones and a lot more polys, so the result will be thereafter. Hairs are easier to convert, but you will need to have some knowledge of how to combine layers properly. This tutorial might be of help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBw5xTkyfJQ

Also, the bodyshapes are different, so for clothes I'd recommend extracting the GMDC and not the obj, because then you can use the animation tool to reposition the mesh before you start converting. Gives you a somewhat easier job. I think there are a couple of tools that helps with the bone assignemnt conversion, too (but I don't dabble a lot win clothing conversion, so I can't remember which ones).

TS3 and TS4 uses a lot of the same tools and methods for converting, so if you find a good 2t3 tutorial, it can probably be adapted to work for TS4.

There are some links in these posts:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=569255
http://ww2.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532269
Scholar
#7 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 7:07 PM
Actually in my experience converting a hair mesh is much easier than a clothing mesh, TS2 hair fits a TS4 head quite nicely after rotating it around, repositioning it then resizing it, if you already convert TS4 Hairs or hats to other age groups, then you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

Bare in a mind, many TS2 Hairs come in several parts, you have merge it all together in one, in the end the results are never as good, TS2 had much better quality hair that could even animate, while TS4 stepped down in that part with static hair only with much less detailed hair.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 5:26 PM
Can I suggest some cc conversions? There are so many times I've found great clothes and hair only to be dissapointed at it being a TS2 or 3 website.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 4:28 PM
I have found this. It is still to confusing for me. But for you maybe this is helpful. Could someone please make a video in English concentrating on only the custom content conversions and not on maxis conversions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4hEn3Q4dtc