Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#301 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 7:02 PM
My real life realistic mods would include something like.

Teens can smoke.
Teens can gamble using EA Store Triple Riches Slots O'Jackpots Slot Machine.
Teens can buy drinks at a bar.
Teens can drink and get drunk.
Teens can get tattoos at a tattoo parlor.
Children can make meals without stretching.
Children can ride horses without stretching.
Children can perform Martial arts.

Last but not least my all time favorite from the Sims 2 mods auto socialize for the Sims 3.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#302 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 9:44 PM
How about teens can get laid? I've heard that's a thing in real life. Apparently.

I'm actually part of a research group. So far, it's just a hypothesis that none of us have been able to confirm.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#303 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xzone7
My real life realistic mods would include something like.

Teens can smoke.
Teens can gamble using EA Store Triple Riches Slots O'Jackpots Slot Machine.
Teens can buy drinks at a bar.
Teens can drink and get drunk.
Teens can get tattoos at a tattoo parlor.
Children can make meals without stretching.
Children can ride horses without stretching.
Children can perform Martial arts.

Last but not least my all time favorite from the Sims 2 mods auto socialize for the Sims 3.

Ask about the Auto-socialize in WCIF. I've got that ability, apparently as part of another mod in my game. I thought it was Buzzler's MOAR interactions, but it doesn't seem to be there in the documentation. And I didn't see anything in my Mods folder that immediately suggested that it was the actual one. Of course I'm fighting a headache right now, so I could very easily have just been blind.

For the others, I assume you have already looked at http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=579548

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#304 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Look, I'm as open-minded as the next person but I don't think I want to see the car washing animations of sims who keep their vehicles in their pockets.

Well if you put it that way Sims already wash their cars when they do their laundry!

Anyways, I wish there was a way to rework the showbiz system that came with Showtime so that it was more open-ended.

Instead of being forced down three routes (Singer, magician, acrobat), you would instead chose what you wanted to perform (bands from Late Night, piano, ballet, a business presentation, pottery).

This means that there would be so many options of shows- a classical piano show, a ballet, business seminars, how-to shows, etc.
Mad Poster
#305 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 3:31 AM
I suppose it'd be possible with copious amounts of script modding.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#306 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Ask about the Auto-socialize in WCIF. I've got that ability, apparently as part of another mod in my game. I thought it was Buzzler's MOAR interactions, but it doesn't seem to be there in the documentation. And I didn't see anything in my Mods folder that immediately suggested that it was the actual one. Of course I'm fighting a headache right now, so I could very easily have just been blind.

For the others, I assume you have already looked at http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=579548

I have the entire No Stretch' Children can Series mods but thank you for posting the link and just checked to see if anything else had been posted since last stopping by.

Buzzler's Moar interactions I just installed the 2015 version yesterday in my tester hood and was testing this morning along with 100 new and update mods and now have the auto socialize in one of my pie menu's which was a nice surprise.
Site Helper
#307 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 9:02 PM
Ok, so I really was being blind when I read the documentation. Thank you for confirming that MOAR Interactions was where I got Auto-socialize. <3

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#308 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 1:08 AM
I don't know how feasible such mods are (in fact, probably none of these are possible. =/), but I'd love for there to be some mods to Seasons:

-Trees and bushes that blossom in the Spring and then change to grow leaves for summer. This is very likely impossible, I wish EA had done it themselves.
-Bushes that go through the season cycle. I know a couple added in University do this, and that's nice. However, most of them stay the same all year-round and, in fact, don't even lose their flowers for winter.
-Flowering plants in general lose their flowers for winter/turn brown (obviously, there are some plants that flower in the winter, but they can't be every single darn plant like EA has programmed it)
-And probably impossible - changing the terrain grass for winter to a brown/yellow color. Apparently not everyone will know what I'm talking about, so I'll post a picture. Where I live during the winter, the grass looks like this:

It's probably impossible, but I would love it. I would at least like to have a world that eternally looks like that for winter, maybe. But I have no talent for creating Worlds so I can't even do that.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
#309 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 9:55 PM
After looking at some r-rated animation mods, I've been wanting a system like that but for more casual animations like lounging or leaning on couches or different poses for sitting that use one or more Sim. On YouTube I have seen some good animations for this kind of stuff and it would be cool if they could become autonomous to help characters look less robotic or basic.
I think this thought process could also be used to give children and toddlers severely needed animations too.

I'm sure if mods like this existed, it would encourage more people to get involved in animating too. It has for the X rated mods.

Also there could be another animation system for supernaturals to give them more animations, for example the vampire bite animation sorely needs some variation. Hell it could even be a way to get those vampire fight animations from TS4 or something better. Same for werewolves, and fairies/ghost and genies could really fly now too.

Possibilities could be endless. I'm interested in looking into it myself since the framework exists.

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Scholar
#310 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 10:37 AM
Different types of sitting would be good - maybe Proper sims can sit straight or cross their ankles/legs while sitting. Unless they do that already and I haven't noticed.
Mad Poster
#311 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
I don't know how feasible such mods are (in fact, probably none of these are possible. =/), but I'd love for there to be some mods to Seasons:

-Trees and bushes that blossom in the Spring and then change to grow leaves for summer. This is very likely impossible, I wish EA had done it themselves.
-Bushes that go through the season cycle. I know a couple added in University do this, and that's nice. However, most of them stay the same all year-round and, in fact, don't even lose their flowers for winter.
-Flowering plants in general lose their flowers for winter/turn brown (obviously, there are some plants that flower in the winter, but they can't be every single darn plant like EA has programmed it)
-And probably impossible - changing the terrain grass for winter to a brown/yellow color. Apparently not everyone will know what I'm talking about, so I'll post a picture. Where I live during the winter, the grass looks like this:

It's probably impossible, but I would love it. I would at least like to have a world that eternally looks like that for winter, maybe. But I have no talent for creating Worlds so I can't even do that.

I wonder how flowering trees could be handled- aminova was able to make flowers that bloomed in the spring (http://aminovas.tumblr.com/post/100...e-sims-3-these), so I wonder if new trees or at least mods for existing trees could be created.
Scholar
#312 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 4:00 AM Last edited by bassoon_crazy : 10th Jul 2017 at 5:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I wonder how flowering trees could be handled- aminova was able to make flowers that bloomed in the spring (http://aminovas.tumblr.com/post/100...e-sims-3-these), so I wonder if new trees or at least mods for existing trees could be created.

Well, it's very nice to see that someone did that. I really wish the stems/leaves and etc. would turn brownish/yellow for winter, but I can appreciate what they did, since EA doesn't seem to understand that a lot of plants at the very least don't bloom/remain blooming during the winter!

I'm no programmer or anything, but I can imagine that attempting to have some trees/bushes/shrubs/etc. blossom during the Spring and slowly revert to leaves would be incredibly complicated. Right now the game only has scripts for the leaves to grow and fall off. I suppose someone could recolor the leaves to look like they're blossoming and then start recoloring them green, but even that seems like it would be incredibly complex.

But moving away from that, if the modder above is able to add and remove flowers throughout the seasons perhaps there's hope for more modders trying to do the same. If someone would do that with the flowering shrubs/plants presently in the game (at least the ones that are present in the temperature worlds) I would probably love them forever.

Sadly, I don't think other people care as much about this as I do and I can't mod, so...

EDIT: Oh wow, it looks like Aminovas Sims (the creator of the above download) was active TODAY and posted a post TODAY asking about what new plants people might want or what tweaks to existing plants people might want. I sent them a message (not about trees blossoming for the Spring, but simply deflowering temperate plants for the winter). If you all agree with me and want that, perhaps you should, too! Strength in numbers!

Although I think they are aware of this problem, as they recently reblogged an edit to The Sims 2 Seasons that makes the flowering plants lose their flowers when snow falls on them, and also gives them a dryish color. So... Maybe there is hope? (I wish I had The Sims 2 installed on my computer so I could try that mod out. Perhaps I'll install it on my laptop and see!)

Seriously, look at this mod. It's so beautiful. (You'll have to unminimize a tab above the download section to see the images of the mod)

https://an-elegant-simblr.tumblr.co...is-plants-fixes

(Between this and Arsil's modding to add playable woodwind and brass instruments to TS3 I feel like modders are making my biggest dreams for The Sims games a reality and it's...quite a feeling. What a life I live when I can tear up over what modders are adding to a video game. lol)

Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
@bassoon_crazy, EA failed in many ways as far as seasons are concerned.

Correct me if I'm wrong, EA default temperatures are supposed to resemble the climates of mid-latitude countries (distinct four seasons, the Earth's temperate regions) but EA failed to realize a couple of things:
- In game the sun's path is always the same, its altitude doesn't change throughout a sim year. -> bullshit. In temperate regions of the Earth the sun's path and altitude differs significantly throughout the year.
- In game the day/night lengths in summer and winter are bizarre. They don't reflect reality at all. Why on earth would the sun rise at 6:00 AM and set at 6:00 PM around summer solstice in mid-latitude countries? -> it contradicts the facts. In temperate regions of the Earth days are a lot longer than nights in summer and vice versa in winter.
- EA considers noon to be the warmest moment of the day and midnight - the coldest. -> that's not true. The warmest moment of the day isn't noon but afternoon. The coldest moment of the day isn't midnight, but moments before sunrise.

There are a couple more things but I don't feel like mentioning them now.

I certainly agree these are all rather peculiar issues, but I can appreciate all of the effort that EA *did* put into the game. I never expected them to go down the road of gradual seasons, so I really appreciated that. Being able to actually see the temperature is a really nice addition, too.

I wonder if the issues you mention have been addressed by mods somewhere. It seems like the day/night lengths have been modded by many modders.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Scholar
#313 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 8:31 AM
I don't know if I never realized it or if it isn't in the game, but I would like a few alteractions to the seasons in regards to how they affect Sims.
For example, hygiene should decrease faster in Summer. Like, even going outside for a while and doing something (like going grocery shopping or to the park) should lower the hygiene meter more than it normally would. Everyone knows how it's sometimes so hot that you begin sweating just thinking about leaving the house.

Sims that are still walking around in short-shorts or tanktops in Autumn/Winter should get a cold moodlet faster than those wrapped up nicely. This would require Sims to have two default every day attires, of course; one well for Summer and one well for Winter with tights or longsleeved shirts, etc. And to automatically change, according to the temperature. (You know, like Outerwear, only it's not limited to Outerwear clothes and can be worn inside to keep warm) I don't know if I'm remembering wrong, but I THINK one of my Sims - back when I first started playing Sims 3 and had Seasons - did want a new outfit when it turned to Autumn...
Lab Assistant
#314 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 6:49 PM
For me it's simple things. I wish sims could park on the side of the road outside their house, among other things I'm too tipsy right now to remember. Nice to see human touches like that.
Mad Poster
#315 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 7:32 PM
It might be possible if you made a parking object that essentially overlaps the edge of the lot (basically the object exists on the lot, but the actual parking slot is offset over the road).

I swear that Carlos from SimminginMagnificentStyle made such an object, so you should take a look.
Scholar
#316 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 5:51 PM
@Wojtek, I've been playing a bit more and thinking that I really agree that the temperature system really needs fixing.

Not only is the high temperature set at 12pm, but the low temperature is set at 12am. This is very unrealistic. IIRC in real life the low temperature typically happens around 6am. I don't know when the high temperatures usually occur (maybe 4pm or 5pm?), but definitely not at noon. I would like a mod with more accurate low and high temperature times, but I'm not even sure if it would work. The reason being because it appears that EA calculates temperature entirely by switching to another day. You'll see this when you see the temperature dropping toward midnight, and then all of the sudden at midnight it shoots waayyy up really quick. That makes me wonder how successful temperature low/high timing modding could be. =(

Mad Poster
#317 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 12:21 AM
Intense, gigantic fires that leave heavier scorch marks on the floors and walls.
Mad Poster
#318 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 3:22 AM
I suppose mods lowering and limiting the vehicle speed would solve this issues, but then cars still turn corners at full speed.
Page 13 of 13