Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 10:21 PM
Default Sims wearing strange outfits
I've seen a few people mentioning this bug on the official forums and was wondering if anyone had identified the cause yet.

The romance festival has turned into a ridiculous hat show

Premades showing up in very randomised outfits they never had.

Even sims I've made and carefully dressed myself have succumb to it.

@_@ I think I'm going to just stop leaving the house, these random outfits are very offensive on the eyes.

I was just hoping someone may have tracked down what makes this happen, or developed a fix for it.

Has anyone else here encountered this?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 6:40 PM
I asked on the official forums if the bug has even been acknowledged, and no one answered me, lol.
But it's been mentioned a million times, they must have seen it.
Theres a feature in MCCC that allows you to stop your sims from being forced to switch outfits when they go to festivals.
I haven't tried it, though.

2 of the GTW careers (Doctor/Detective) are bugged for me, and none of my sims are scientists. It's not uncommon for people to not actually play those careers.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 8:08 PM
I've gotten to level 10 of the scientist career and I've never seen that hat.
And they don't just wear these weird outfits at festivals. I'm currently playing in Forgotten Hollow and every time a sim walks by/spawns I need to use MCCC to manually put on their everyday outfit just to be able to see who it is under all the ridiculous garb xD

But thank you for letting me know it's not a bug or a broken mod.
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
Theres a feature in MCCC that allows you to stop your sims from being forced to switch outfits when they go to festivals.
I haven't tried it, though.

What feature would that be? I've seen people ask Deaderpool several times about Situation outfits and his reply is always the same: they're generated on the fly by the game and it's not something he's going to fix. Dresser can blacklist clothing items and you can change outfits on Inactives with it, but that's not really a fix. That said, I use some mods from here to deal with the outfit issue with festivals. Unfortunately, she doesn't have one for the vampire walkbys.

SimGuru Nick knows about this. I've seen him interacting with players about it on his Twitter feed. He can't comment as to when it will be fixed though.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 4:59 AM
It was the "Flag Bypass Outfit Changes".
I thought it was for the festivals, since i never clicked on it.
Scholar
#6 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 5:01 AM
It was the "Flag Bypass Outfit Changes".
I thought it was for the festivals, since i never clicked on it.

I never knew what that was for and I can't remember Deaderpool recommending it. I bet it stops all outfits changes though on a global level, and I don't want that. The mods I'm using work well, but I just wish there was one for vampire walkbys that still worked.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 6:01 AM
I didn't say it would fix the issue, as I don't know what the hell those outfits are from.
But you know never know, why not smash on everything!

According to the tooltip ;
"Sim will always be skipped for any MC Cleaner or MC Dresser processes that clean existing outfits/makeup or add new outfits"
Scholar
#8 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 8:20 AM
I didn't say it would fix the issue, as I don't know what the hell those outfits are from.
But you know never know, why not smash on everything!

According to the tooltip ;
"Sim will always be skipped for any MC Cleaner or MC Dresser processes that clean existing outfits/makeup or add new outfits"

I figured that out on my own just now in-game, because I didn't see it in his documentation - but, basically all it does is prevent Dresser from running on those Sims. So, no fix there. Anyway. The mods I linked are working fine for me (I haven't patched for the Fitness Stuff pack yet though), however I would like to see Maxis do away with the Situation outfits all together.

A Situation outfit is not stored anywhere like in CAS, because it's generated on demand for the role a Sim is playing. That's why it can't be fixed in CAS. I have no idea what Maxis has done other than the color coding being an issue for festivals. But I'm mostly PO'ed right now about the vampire walkbys. My first time playing with the damn things and they look like nut jobs walking around at night.
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 4:31 AM
the weirdest thing is this never used to happen. I played with City living for months and this was never an issue. Did they change something only withing the last few patches that made these things happen? I remember going to the romance festival just fine before parenthood and no one was wearing anything out of the ordinary.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 5:03 AM
I just started getting it when I installed Vampires. And i've read a few threads were people have said the same thing out installing it.

I might just reinstall and skip it. This outfit thing is so strange.

I took some sims out to a festival (romance) the other day, and everyone not in my household was dressed all funky like. I used MCCC and randomized all their outfits and all was well. I see them later and they're back to having freaky outfits again. I unmarked all of my CC for random, yet two pieces of CC kept showing up on everyone.
The next time this happened wasn't it even at a festival, and it wasn't even on the lot. Two sims came to my household, I let them in, they did the usual sim things and talked. Then they left, I got the normal "thanks for hanging out with me" notification. And they had completely normal icons, I tab for a second to let my house run, and their icons change to...weird hats. Like they left my sims house to go to a rave, and changed outfits when they arrived.

Not helpful in the slightest, but dammit I need to express my frustration.
Scholar
#11 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
the weirdest thing is this never used to happen. I played with City living for months and this was never an issue. Did they change something only withing the last few patches that made these things happen? I remember going to the romance festival just fine before parenthood and no one was wearing anything out of the ordinary.

They changed something with the Parenthood patch in May. I made myself a mod to stop the random vampire outfits by studying some tutorials and looking at the mods I use to stop the outfit changes in San Myshuno. It seems to be working. I just wish they'd fix the problem. It's a serious annoyance.
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
They changed something with the Parenthood patch in May. I made myself a mod to stop the random vampire outfits by studying some tutorials and looking at the mods I use to stop the outfit changes in San Myshuno. It seems to be working. I just wish they'd fix the problem. It's a serious annoyance.

At least I know I'm not going crazy. It IS new. Thank you!!
Space Pony
#13 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 1:16 PM
How can we fix it?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:20 PM
That's not all! My sim is in medical career from GTW, and everytime he goes to work, his co-workers and patients wear the most absurd clothing imaginable, instead of, you know scrubs, labcoats and frikkin medic gowns... I am so, SO pissed off by EA's incompetence! GAAAAAH!!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 8:00 AM
I never used it but MCCC does have a situation outfit change option. It sounds like its what you want to use to change the outfits...

On a computer go to MCCC option, MC Dresser and the option "replace situation outfits"
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 4:16 AM
I just posted a new thread about this glitch. (link if this thread dies and someone posts a solution on that one) I have mods that might fix the issue for you.
sims4me nerdfestival, lampfestival, foodfestival mods
No Outfit Change During the Spice Festival here on MTS
It still didn't work for me though...