Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 11:38 AM
Default Celebrations hair with no veil - blue flowers intact
Hi everyone, I'm trying to find this hair but without the veil.
It must have been done by now but I cannot find it anywhere.
Just the veil removed and for everyday use. Does anyone know where I might find it?

https://imgur.com/a/RNHClqB

Many thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 11:49 AM
I figured that someone had to have defaulted it and I was right. https://spookymuffinsims.tumblr.com...nts-super-small

Bonus other veilless hairs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I figured that someone had to have defaulted it and I was right. https://spookymuffinsims.tumblr.com...nts-super-small

Bonus other veilless hairs.

Thank you! I cannot believe how hard it was to find tbh!

But here comes another issue - the hair does not show up in my body shop for exporting- I'd like to put it in the everyday hair category by simply exporting the hair and then just re-import it so it shows up for every day wear (with the custom star).
But I can't do it because the hair doesn't show up in body shop-create parts
Could someone please help me with this? Please
Instructor
#4 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Poupette
Thank you! I cannot believe how hard it was to find tbh!

But here comes another issue - the hair does not show up in my body shop for exporting- I'd like to put it in the everyday hair category by simply exporting the hair and then just re-import it so it shows up for every day wear (with the custom star).
But I can't do it because the hair doesn't show up in body shop-create parts
Could someone please help me with this? Please

Isnt this hair for everyday as well? At least on my game. After you had default replaced it, did it vanish from everyday?

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
Isnt this hair for everyday as well? At least on my game. After you had default replaced it, did it vanish from everyday?

Hi, no it's not, at least not in my game In the game itself it only shows up in the formal hair section, not in every day. I also do not have any hiders, even in a clean game without CC it's only in formal wear. And I cannot export it in body shop either.
It shows up in body shop if I create a sim, put her in formal wear and then go to hair. But it's not available if I want to export the hair, it's simply not there.
So the default replacement didn't mess anything up, the hair just doesn't show up outside of formal wear.
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 1:03 PM
Hi, no it's not, at least not in my game In the game itself it only shows up in the formal hair section, not in every day. I also do not have any hiders, even in a clean game without CC it's only in formal wear. And I cannot export it in body shop either.
It shows up in body shop if I create a sim, put her in formal wear and then go to hair. But it's not available if I want to export the hair, it's simply not there.
So the default replacement didn't mess anything up, the hair just doesn't show up outside of formal wear.

That's so weird. I have no idea why mine is in everyday too.
You can make a recategorizer in this case. Here is a tutorial: https://modthesims.info/t/448540
It covers clothes and hair so it can work here too.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 1:19 PM
That's so weird. I have no idea why mine is in everyday too.
You can make a recategorizer in this case. Here is a tutorial: https://modthesims.info/t/448540
It covers clothes and hair so it can work here too.

Oh, okay! Thank you! But I am simply too scared to use SimPE
Instructor
#8 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 1:32 PM
Oh, okay! Thank you! But I am simply too scared to use SimPE

There is nothing to be afraid of! I use SimPE daily. Make a backup of your Sims 2 folder in Documents (the userdata folder basically) and dig in. I was skeptical too at first, but I discovered that if I make a backup every time I change or do something, nothing will happen. Try it! :D

Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 2:34 PM
Very strange. Mine shows in Everyday too. And the DR is just a texture replacement. It shouldn't have the power to affect categorization.

It shows up in Bodyshop when I select create parts too.
Instructor
#10 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Very strange. Mine shows in Everyday too. And the DR is just a texture replacement. It shouldn't have the power to affect categorization.

It shows up in Bodyshop when I select create parts too.

That should indicate a problem specifically with Celebration, right?
I think these hairs with the veils are generally in Everyday and Formal.
Poupette said that there aren't any hiders or recategorizers in the game, but I'd advise to check again in the Bins or Skins folders.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 7:41 PM
That should indicate a problem specifically with Celebration, right?
I think these hairs with the veils are generally in Everyday and Formal.
Poupette said that there aren't any hiders or recategorizers in the game, but I'd advise to check again in the Bins or Skins folders.

I have gone through all of the bins and skins folders and as I said, I do not have any hiders. So I'm not sure what's up.
Instructor
#12 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 7:55 PM
I have gone through all of the bins and skins folders and as I said, I do not have any hiders. So I'm not sure what's up.

Are any Celebration items weird? Are the other hairs in the right place? It seems like it's a problem with Celebration.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 8:02 PM
Are any Celebration items weird? Are the other hairs in the right place? It seems like it's a problem with Celebration.

No, not at all. All the furniture and clothes show up as they should but not the formal hair.
Instructor
#14 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 8:07 PM
No, not at all. All the furniture and clothes show up as they should but not the formal hair.

For now, you can make a recategorizer until I find out where the problem is.
It kind of seems like the hairs are in a weird place right now. Could you please go to the Program Files directory of your game and then go to the Celebration pack's TSData/Res/Catalog folder and check when these files were modified?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 8:15 PM
For now, you can make a recategorizer until I find out where the problem is.
It kind of seems like the hairs are in a weird place right now. Could you please go to the Program Files directory of your game and then go to the Celebration pack's TSData/Res/Catalog folder and check when these files were modified?

Yeah okay!

BINS: globalcatbin.bundle.package 2007-03-02
CANHObjects: CANHObjects.bundle.package 2007-03-02
Materials: Materials.package 2007-03-02
Patterns: catpatterns.bundle.package 2007-03-02
Scripts: 2007-03-02
Skins: 2024-03-30 <- I removed this before loading body shop and it generated a new one.
Instructor
#16 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 9:47 PM
Yeah okay!

Skins: 2024-03-30 <- I removed this before loading body shop and it generated a new one.

That's... Probably not what's supposed to happen..
All these in TSData are core gamefiles. I do not know what's supposed to happen when you delete them, but there's a reason why Windows needs you to provide "administrative permissions" if you try to modify that folder. I wouldn't touch anything in there. TSData isn't userdata, and it's a lot less flexible than userdata. It's the core gamefiles and you really, really mustn't tamper with anything there, nor there's a reason to.
Why did you remove it? I'm just curious, as the only things you can remove when having a game problem are cache files if they got corrupted. These folders may regenerate but I still really do not know if it's safe to modify them, delete them or edit them. Because you need to provide administrative permissions to modify something in there, EAxis did that in order to prevent you from modifying those folders. The only safe action you can do to them is add unlockers, hiders or recategorisers.
To sum up, don't modify anything in your program files directory.

Mad Poster
#17 Old 31st Mar 2024 at 11:11 AM
Use at your own risk, but here is my skins package for Celebration stuff. If you overwrite yours with it then maybe it could fix things.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Skins.rar (13.4 KB, 2 downloads)
Instructor
#18 Old 31st Mar 2024 at 11:20 AM
It's always objects.package that is considered "dangerous to modify" but I'd argue every folder in Program Files is not supposed to be tampered with. It's not like userdata plus there is NO reason to delete or edit things in there. It's cache files that can get corrupted and you will need to delete them.
It's not "good practice" to force the game to regenerate core gamefiles, they do not get corrupted without user's intervention and it's also a reason whh you need to provide administrative permissions for it.
This applies to any game! Dont delete gamefiles that are required for the game to work.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#19 Old 31st Mar 2024 at 11:40 AM
It's always objects.package that is considered "dangerous to modify" but I'd argue every folder in Program Files is not supposed to be tampered with. It's not like userdata plus there is NO reason to delete or edit things in there.

Well, there are a few exceptions to that.
For example, CEP installation.
Exe modification.
Graphics rules modification.
Installing Stairs and other script items.
Lighting mods and NLO edits.
Splash screen editing.
Etcetera...
But generally, don't touch things if you don't know what they do!
Instructor
#20 Old 31st Mar 2024 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Well, there are a few exceptions to that.
For example, CEP installation.
Exe modification.
Graphics rules modification.
Installing Stairs and other script items.
Lighting mods and NLO edits.
Splash screen editing.
Etcetera...
But generally, don't touch things if you don't know what they do!

Of course! I just meant that you cannot just dilly dally, deleting any folder. Just because they may regenerate, doesnt mean it's safe to do.