Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 7:08 PM Last edited by missmani09 : 13th May 2018 at 1:44 AM. Reason: clarity
Sims 4 Homeless College Student Challenge - Mod Heavy!
The Sims 4 Homeless College Student Challenge (Mod Heavy!)

Quote:
Your Sim was once a bright college student with dreams of running a business. It wasn't long before partying and skipping classes caught up to him/her that she/he dropped out of college during the first freshman year. Your Sim returned to his/her parents house briefly and managed to maintain a part-time job for nearly three months only to be fired for something another employee did. Your Sim's parent's were done with their child being so irresponsible that they kicked him/her out of their home (talk about poor parenting skills,lol).
Your Sim fell into a depression & now She/He has been homeless and roaming the streets & couch surfing for nearly a year. One day while rummaging through garbage cans, your Sim finds a flyer that offers struggling Sims a chance to go to college by being granted a Sim Studies loan. Your Sim feels discouraged because the only thing she/he has to his/her name is a storage unit and $20. Your Sim decides to apply for the loan anyway and is surprisingly approved. Will your Sim open his/her own business like they always dreamed of or will she/he allow the struggle life to dim his/her light? Will your Sim find a place to actually call home?
[Check out my Sim, Sydney Carman, who inspired me to create this challenge & her journey from absolutely nothing, to something!]
https://youtu.be/7JxZaE6yskg

MOD LIST:

OPTIONAL MODS (Adds more realism & creativity)
  • (LittleMsSam More Buyable Venues > http://littlemssam.de/more-buyable-...ew-venue-types/
    Edit: Don't want to use LMS More Buyable Venues? Use GTW and open your own Cafe, Restaurant, Business, whatever your heart desires! Your game, play your way! (Just try to stick to the rules lol)
Edit: I realized that "Sims4Me" is actually Deichschaf. So I have correctly linked her website. It is the fourth mod on the list.

Challenge Directions:

• Buy a 20x15 lot. Edit: If a 20x15 is not available, choose the next smallest lot! Also It doesn't matter how much the actual lot costs initially.

• Search missmani09 in the Gallery & purchase the Homeless College Student Storage Unit (edit: Toggle CC included items in order for the storage unit to show up in the Gallery) - OR create your own storage unit!

• Place the storage unit on your lot. Items INSIDE the unit may not exceed $5k, give or take. You may not sell these items unless it is a dire emergency! Lol, no cheating by selling items in your storage unit!

• Use UI Extension cheats (or another money cheat in the command line) & cheat your money away to only $20

• Travel to use a computer & navigate to apply for a $2,500 Credit Card/Loan (The ATM mod must be installed to do this). Remember, apply for a $2,500 loan ONLY ( Note: You MUST pay back this loan because every day your funds will be automatically deducted by the game to pay back the loan. This adds realism to the challenge and increases difficulty)

• Travel back to your home lot. Go into buy mode & purchase the University Supplies book

• Click on your Sim's phone and join the University career by choosing a major. Any major is fine.

Now that you're all started, start your sim on his/her journey by reaching the following goals:

CHALLENGE GOALS:
Ultimate Goal: To own your own home!

#1. Attend University class three (3) times, consecutively
(Edit: For a harder challenge, attend class consecutively for an entire Sim week Mon-Fri!)

#2. Earn $5,000 by collecting, fishing, rummaging, swiping, ect.

#3. After earning $5,000, Build a small (Ownable) Business.
If $5,000 isn't enough, you must EARN more money by collecting, selling, etc.
Edit: Your business can be a cafe/gym/bar/night club/daycare/restaurant what EVER your heart desires!

Open your new business - what ever, your choice - & start earning more money.
(Note: If you are having trouble using Little Ms Sam's Ownable Business or More Buyable Business mod,
PLEASE read her instructions carefully on her page!
There are numerous ways to earn money using her mod)

#4. Earn $10,000 in order to buy your first starter home.
You may do this by earning money from your ownable business and/or continuing to collect items/fish throughout the world & selling them

After earning $10,000, go to your home lot and bulldoze your lot.
Whatever money accumulates after bulldozing is money that can be used toward your new starter home.
Think of it as selling your entire store unit

#5 Go to the Gallery and/or purchase/build your homeless sim his/her VERY FIRST STARTER HOME.
(You can NOT cheat money)

FINALE: The rest is up to you! What new journey will your Sim partake on now that they are no longer considered homeless?

RULES
  • If you quit your University career, you have forfieted the challenge.
  • You MUST attend class at least 3 times consecutively.
  • Though sims can sleep anywhere, it is preferred that your sim sleeps on benches, or a homeless shelter/motel/hotel.
    (Note: When I played my homeless college student, I found a homeless shelter off of the gallery & placed it in Forgotten Hollow. I then used Little Ms Sam's Lot trait mod that has the lot trait as a Hotel/Motel. This is part of her New Venue Types. Again, please read her instructions on this!)
  • If your Sim happens to sleep at a motel, you must deduct $50 from your HH funds, each day they sleep at a motel/hotel
  • You may only have a boyfriend/girlfriend/mate after earning $5,000.
  • You may only have baby after purchasing your first starter home
  • You may quit your college career after purchasing your own home.
    (It's recommended that your Sim gets another job so that they don't end up in the same predicament lol)

BONUS CHALLENGE:
After earning $10,000 & purchasing a home, have your Sim Earn $20,000 by either continuing to earn money from their business or having a regular Sim career AND their business.

Additional reccomended mods:
MCC Command Center > https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/
LittleMsSam Unlock Door for Chosen Sim > http://littlemssam.de/unlock-doors-for-chosen-sims/
LittleMsSam Force To Leave > http://littlemssam.de/force-to-leav...or-interaction/
LittleMsSam More Visitors > http://littlemssam.de/more-visitors...or-interaction/
LittleMsSam Send To Bed > http://littlemssam.de/send-sims-to-bed/

Happy Simming! Share your videos or pictures on the gallery/social media using #homelesscollegesim
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 11:42 PM
I really like the idea of this challenge, although it was a bit hard finding the lot cause the gallery says it has cc, which you may want to specify in the description of this challenge. Also, I misunderstood the rule where the items in the unit can't cost more than $5,000 because that makes it seem like I can put however much I want as long as the items are under $5,000. So you might want to specify you meant the Lot Value itself can't be over $5,000. Aside from that, it sounds interesting and I'm going to start trying it out now with my sim, Kylee Valencia. I may try posting pics later, but that's if I remember to take some. xD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LillyRain354
I really like the idea of this challenge, although it was a bit hard finding the lot cause the gallery says it has cc, which you may want to specify in the description of this challenge. Also, I misunderstood the rule where the items in the unit can't cost more than $5,000 because that makes it seem like I can put however much I want as long as the items are under $5,000. So you might want to specify you meant the Lot Value itself can't be over $5,000. Aside from that, it sounds interesting and I'm going to start trying it out now with my sim, Kylee Valencia. I may try posting pics later, but that's if I remember to take some. xD

Awesome! Thanks for pointing these things out! I am editing some description to ensure those understand more clearly.
So excited to see you are interested & I really want to see how it comes out for you! Please do share
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th May 2018 at 2:37 PM
Those of you interested, follow me on twitter -> missmani09