Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:18 AM
Default TS4 - Opinions on New House?
Hi

I just finished building a house in TS4, and I'm seriously considering uploading it to here because it's the first time I've actually felt like I did a good job (cause I usually suck at building ). But before I submit it, I wanted to know if there's anything that needs tweaking. I took some quick pictures in Build Mode (obviously I'll take better ones for when I actually go to upload it) so you guys could take a look at let me know what your thoughts are:

Do you guys think it's good as it is, or should I fix some stuff? And thanks for the help

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 3:03 AM
I think the exterior is darling. It really looks like it could be someone's cozy home.

The critique I have is about the furniture placement. You have the furnishings lined up against the wall in most cases. For instance, in the living room, there is lots of space but the furniture is grouped into the corner. I suggest moving that entire group closer towards the middle of the room. This is a small thing, but it looks like the faucets for the bathtub are on the side that is not against the wall. In a real house, the water comes through the pipes from the wall, so the faucets are always against the wall.

I think with a bit of rearranging of the furnishings, this house will be ready for upload.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
#3 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 8:28 AM
I agree with attuned about the look of the home and especially the layout of the furniture. One thing I would suggest is that if it were mine I'd want to add a second bedroom in the space between the bathroom and the front wall.
But other than rearranging the furniture I do think it would be ready for upload.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 10:14 AM
I would have used some of the nice roof options in 4. On the front I would have a smaller roof above the porch with a much smaller angle and then have a steeper angle above the house itself. You can also have one roof and adjust it in the same way. At the back I would have a roof just above the entrance door, and perhaps cover the porch. Otherwise it's a nice house
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 4:52 AM
Cute house! I'm a bit OCD so I'd probably center the rug in front of the entrance and, perhaps, center the birdbath (?) under the structure in the yard. (If it isn't centered and as long as it's usable. It's difficult to tell from the pictures.) Maybe a little more color in the kitchen - in the tile, curtains, counter tops, or appliances. A window / privacy window in the bathroom would be nice if not too expensive.