Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 4:52 AM Last edited by par.and : 15th Apr 2018 at 11:20 PM.
Default Waistline of bottom misaligned
Hello all!

I have zero experience in modding and creating custom content, so this is probably a dumb question, but here goes:
Sometimes when trying something I've recently downloaded on a sim, I notice that the content makes different parts of the body not match up properly. This happens a lot with CC shoes, for example, when the seam at the ankles becomes clearly visible and/or distorted.

I understand this is a mesh-related issue, but not mechanism of it nor whether there is a solution. I've attached a screenshot of a misaligned bottom and top seam from a creator who states to have used an EA item as a base for the mesh, so I wonder why the waistline is thus broken. Is there any way to fix this?

Many thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Paris
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
It usually mean it is categorized in the wrong age group, such as giving teen clothes meant for adults, etc...

Ah, I see. I don't think that's the case here, though, as the item is YA/A according to S3PE and the screenshot is of a young adult.
Thanks for your reply in any case!
Instructor
#4 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 8:05 AM
It might be that the mesh is only coded for thin Sims and yours is just slightly over that default weight?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
It might be that the mesh is only coded for thin Sims and yours is just slightly over that default weight?

Hello and thanks for the idea! How would one go about testing that? I've tried adjusting all the basic body sliders.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
That's not what I meant. It is possible the author who coded it used the wrong age model. You can get the same corruption if you use the CASP editor to change clothings across ages.

Oh, that makes sense indeed. Many thanks!
Instructor
#8 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by par.and
Hello and thanks for the idea! How would one go about testing that? I've tried adjusting all the basic body sliders.

I've run into it before if that's the case, sometimes it's that their top half is the wrong size for the mesh that they're wearing on the bottom, and sometimes it's the other way around.
Do you have any extra sliders? Particularly ones that that might affect waist, chest or hip size/width? Sometimes if the basic sliders don't help it can be those ones. Can you post a pic of the full outfit, top and bottom, and then a pic of another outfit that's not having this issue for comparison?

In terms of fixing it, other than fixing the particular mesh for whatever item of clothing you're using, there isn't a lot I know to do to fix it, and as suggested it could also be an item that was originally meshed for a different age stage or weight morph and not properly converted.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 5:47 AM
I've run into it before if that's the case, sometimes it's that their top half is the wrong size for the mesh that they're wearing on the bottom, and sometimes it's the other way around.
Do you have any extra sliders? Particularly ones that that might affect waist, chest or hip size/width? Sometimes if the basic sliders don't help it can be those ones. Can you post a pic of the full outfit, top and bottom, and then a pic of another outfit that's not having this issue for comparison?

In terms of fixing it, other than fixing the particular mesh for whatever item of clothing you're using, there isn't a lot I know to do to fix it, and as suggested it could also be an item that was originally meshed for a different age stage or weight morph and not properly converted.

Hi, many thanks for your reply! I actually managed to figure this out today, as the creator of the CC has a later outfit that uses the same mesh, only this time correctly aligned, so I basically could just import the correct mesh to TSRW. Lucked out on this one, it seems.
Instructor
#10 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by par.and
Hi, many thanks for your reply! I actually managed to figure this out today, as the creator of the CC has a later outfit that uses the same mesh, only this time correctly aligned, so I basically could just import the correct mesh to TSRW. Lucked out on this one, it seems.

So glad you were able to fix it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 11:20 PM
So glad you were able to fix it!

Thank you so much, I am too Took a bit of figuring out, but learned some basics about meshes in the process