Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#726 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 1:09 PM
For me personally it's a "yes", because quite a few of our characters are involved in dynamic storylines which realistically would evolve gradually over time: things such as friendship, trust/bonding, information gathering and decisions that require time to make, as well as other events that realistically would not happen from one day to the next.

If a time jump were to happen, personally I'd suggest announcing it a night or two in advance, so that people had the time and opportunity to tie any loose ends and prepare their characters.

Of course, I'll go with whatever works best for everyone, but I'm in favour.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#727 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 2:09 PM
I would say wrap up the night and at most skip ahead a week or two. But that's just my two cents.

Eagerly awaiting Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.
Scholar
#728 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 3:21 PM
I'm fine with a time jump as well.

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Field Researcher
#729 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 10:01 PM
Default Regarding timejump
Hi.

I'm kinda stressed right now, but I felt I should let you guys know what I'm thinking about a time jump.

Yes, I am positive to a jump. My only concern is that I feel I have stuff for my characters before the jump. So I would like to wait a few nights first.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#730 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 12:39 PM
Alright, since those who have posted on the matter seem to be fine with a time jump, I can go as far as to say that one will be happening in a few RP nights. So, as we are currently on night #16, how about instead of moving on from night #18 to night #19, we move from night #18 to... whatever number night it will be, post-time jump?

However, that brings me to the second part that will need to be discussed; I believe there are different ideas/opinions regarding how big the time jump would be. I've heard suggestions of everything from a couple of weeks, to approx. six months. What are your guys' thoughts on this?

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#731 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:00 AM
Alright, wlel, consindering no one's said anything, I figure it'll be up to me to decide, and so since I know at least one character's entire storyline is depending on how long the time jump will be, the final decision now is that yes, there will be a time jump, and it'll be 6 months long. So, come night #19, we're fastforwarding 6 months into the "future".

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Scholar
#732 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 2:33 PM
Excellent. That's just enough time for Lola to start looking all plump and gravid from having Damian's illicit love child.

LOL, I kid. I kid.

Dreamwidth Blog
Field Researcher
#733 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 2:46 PM
I really don't think it needs to be more than a couple of weeks. A lot can happen in six months, especially when the Sabbat is in town.

Alchemist
#734 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 3:02 PM
Well, as Atropa said, an important part of at least one character's storyline depends on the fact that the jump will be longer. And besides, nothing extra needs to happen in that time if we (as players) don't want it to happen.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Scholar
#735 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 4:52 PM
Personally, 6 months does seem a little long to me in a slightly jarring way, but I can adapt to it pretty easily. It wouldn't change anything important for me.

Dreamwidth Blog
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#736 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 1:27 AM
Well, honestly guys, I did ask for your thoughts, in order to have this discussion BEFORE my final decision was made, and no one said anything then. And now I know there are players already planning ahead for a 6 month time jump, and so I don't feel it would be fair to change my decision now. Without trying to sound like a b*tch, I did give you guys time and opportunity to speak up and object, and no one did. Thus, I made the decision I made, based on what I knew.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#737 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 10:14 PM
I'm sorry, Atropa. I didn't mean to sound like a whiner. I just missed your second post saying you'd already decided.

Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#738 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 9:53 PM
Alright, to everyone interested in a summer music festival RP; keep your eyes open, because within the next couple of days...

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Test Subject
#739 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 12:33 AM
hhhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
Lab Assistant
#740 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 8:25 PM
UGH stupid rules but

anyone interested in a Pleasantview roleplay?
Theorist
#741 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 8:51 PM
I would, actually, be interested in a Maxis-'Hood themed Roleplay. It would be great to have the Character-Flowing thing, where your not contracted to be just one character, and others could take on from where you left off [if there was an interesting plot developing they would wish to take further, for example] BUT I don't know exactly how that would work without it being "closed", maybe, or very tightly-knit.

I have no Roleplaying experience, as of this moment in time, but its something I'd love to do in the future. This means I'm unable to start one.

...and I'm also slightly scared, because I'll feel like I have to write perfectly, and make sure there are no loops which accidentally can in... D:

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#742 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 8:55 PM
Me neither

I suck at roleplaying

only know basic grammar

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/...trustrich-1.jpg

How do we know why a child waves at his parents on a merry-go round and the parents always wave back?
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#743 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 8:54 PM
Petchy - No need to be scared and worry about writing perfectly. If it is because of the lengthy posts most of us tend to write, keep in mind that those of us who do have been around for a while, and didn't write nearly as elaborate stuff in the beginning. A good example is the very first 'Sweet Sixteen' RP, along with many other of the older RPs. There's nothing saying the writing has to be perfect or lengthy.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Lab Assistant
#744 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 9:00 PM
Awesome

How do we know why a child waves at his parents on a merry-go round and the parents always wave back?
Theorist
#745 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 9:10 PM
Oh I know, I just don't know if I'll keep up with you guys, and I haven't the faintest idea where to start! This area of the site is something I've always aspired to join in on, especially back on the Sims2Community days, but after reading up a few times on the rules.. still baffles me

I think I'd much more fit in with the idea of a Simming Roleplay, or a new one from scratch. Just to play a little, you know?

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#746 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 9:18 PM
Petchy - Don't worry about it at all. I think I'm one the most recent RP'ers and the one I joined here was my first. I'm sure you have the basic rules down, and that aside, we're around and glad to help should you need it

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Lab Assistant
#747 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 9:22 PM
I joined a roleplay

I decided what the hey

Field Researcher
#748 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 12:14 AM
The first roleplay I joined was a little over welming at first. You will get the hang of it. We all would love to help if you need it. At first you might wonder how someone could possible write as much as they do. I still look at some long post and think that. Soon though you find yourself caught in the story and writing your own long post. I hope you decided to jion one of our RP. :D

Call me Sasha
Funny how when your a kid, you dream about your future and when you are an adult, you dream about going back to when you were a kid.
Test Subject
#749 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 10:14 PM
I'm finding it difficult to join an RP after not coming on here for about a year. People take RPing way too seriously. When I RP, Im looking for a way to have fun, not an English essay
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#750 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 10:29 PM
omarion - Ever stop to think that this might actually be other people's idea of fun? Honestly, I'm not sure I see your point. There have been plenty of RPs here that didn't call for "an English essay".

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~

Page 30 of 31