Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 26th May 2018 at 3:49 AM Last edited by BkajnlConcepts : 26th May 2018 at 10:31 AM.
Great to see a new version come out and that you are considering my sabotage / fiddle idea. I have had the self fixing short circuit again. I fixed a broken light bulb and it seem to fix it, so either 1. There is some hidden bug somewhere or 2. The lights are considered appliances. I'd love to continue the grammar checking for you, but when you get around to translation, PM Elddie on MTS. They translated my mod to Brazilian Portuguese.

EDIT: Just seen one of my scenarios show up. So pleased that they have been added.

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Check out my creations Here!
Advertisement
just a girl
Original Poster
#77 Old 26th May 2018 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BkajnlConcepts
Great to see a new version come out and that you are considering my sabotage / fiddle idea. I have had the self fixing short circuit again. I fixed a broken light bulb and it seem to fix it, so either 1. There is some hidden bug somewhere or 2. The lights are considered appliances. I'd love to continue the grammar checking for you, but when you get around to translation, PM Elddie on MTS. They translated my mod to Brazilian Portuguese.

I've just added debug notifications to the short circuit event and re-uploaded the file. Get it from my post #75. Next time there is a short, the mod will let you know the object. Please let me know about anything worth noting about the issue.

As for translation, I think I'll let people PM me instead, if they're interested in the electrical box.

ETA.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 27th May 2018 at 1:42 AM Last edited by BkajnlConcepts : 27th May 2018 at 2:08 AM.
Alright, thank you for that. I received an error yesterday to do with the electric box, it is under the spoiler. Will report anything back once I get a self fixing circuit again.

Edit: Have not been able to replicate it. I do think that DEBUG message should stay in the final release when something breaks as I often have many devices. Maybe just without the DEBUG info.

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Check out my creations Here!
Inventor
#79 Old 27th May 2018 at 7:51 AM Last edited by Sketching : 29th May 2018 at 10:19 AM. Reason: removed attachment
Hey, Lamare. Thanks for the update - that's quite a big one! I'll let you know if I find anything else.

For the issue with non-functional lights:

Were the lamps inside apartment or in common area?
Both. In some instances, it was either area that was affected, and it was both in other occurrences. Sometimes I only realized that the lights were back on because the common area was lit yet not my own apartment or vice-versa.

Were you playing with testing cheats on right before the issue came up?
Yes, actually.

Were you able to click on the lamps? what options were available?
I had the option to turn the lights on and off but they didn't work, so I had to force reset them to get them working again.

I attached a screenshot below for the toddler waking up. I currently don't have any for the sims waking up to laugh at the lights because they fast forward and propel themselves off the bed to perform the action, like how toddlers screaming in the cribs will "fast forward" when the "cry at turned off lights" action pops into their queue. I say fast forward but it's more that the actions are sped up by the game without time actually moving forward - in unmodded games, it's similar to how woohooing sims will swiftly get off the bed to be slapped by their furious partners for cheating.
just a girl
Original Poster
#80 Old 27th May 2018 at 11:49 AM Last edited by Lamare : 27th May 2018 at 1:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BkajnlConcepts
Edit: Have not been able to replicate it. I do think that DEBUG message should stay in the final release when something breaks as I often have many devices. Maybe just without the DEBUG info.

I actually like having to find the broken device (but don't worry, I have an idea)
Thanks for the error log, I'll deal with it as soon as I can.

Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Hey, Lamare. Thanks for the update - that's quite a big one! I'll let you know if I find anything else.

For the issue with non-functional lights:

On your previous screenshot for this problem, I can see that the lams are not custom or at least not all of them are custom. And since you've played with testing cheats on, no functions have been aborted, otherwise you'd have seen an error. Hmm. Could you please post an error log of one of the forced errors on a non-working lamps, if it's not too troublesome? By looking at lamp's data, I might be able to figure out what's going wrong.
The waking up thing is still a mystery, too. The mod should ignore sleeping sims and they should be considered sleeping when in their beds, unless they're being caught the second before they fall asleep. But it seems like it happens too often in your game. Maybe I should make the mod ignore sims interacting with beds...
UPD haha, turns out, I've already done that for beds, hot tubs and vehicles, but not for pet beds. Totally forgot to document it. I'll include pet beds in the next version.

Thank you both for helping me make this mod better
Inventor
#81 Old 28th May 2018 at 8:06 AM Last edited by Sketching : 29th May 2018 at 10:19 AM. Reason: removed attachment
Hey again, Lamare. You're right - none of the lots with the non-functioning lamps had any custom lights. Here's an error log for one of those lamps:

I have another note as well. Last time, there was a pop-up for -1 hours until power restoration. Just now, there was a pop-up for 127 hours until power restoration even though the power was back on (same scenario as the -1 hours, just a different number). I'll attach the screenshot below, but wow, it sure startled me.

Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Thank you both for helping me make this mod better

No problem, Lamare, and thank you for this wonderful mod too! I'll pop back in if I find anything else.
just a girl
Original Poster
#82 Old 28th May 2018 at 12:55 PM
I have another note as well. Last time, there was a pop-up for -1 hours until power restoration. Just now, there was a pop-up for 127 hours until power restoration even though the power was back on (same scenario as the -1 hours, just a different number). I'll attach the screenshot below, but wow, it sure startled me.

Was it the first time you loaded the lot after the file update? If that's the case, the 127 hours might be an artifact from previous version. Some changes require us to buy a new object to take full effect. Hopefully this is what happened
Thanks for the log. It gave me a hint about where to look.
Inventor
#83 Old 29th May 2018 at 10:18 AM
It was the second time the lot was loaded, but hopefully it's just an artifact. I'll let you know if it pops up again.

And no problem about the error log. I should've remembered to include it earlier, but I hope it's useful.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#84 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:14 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 3rd Jul 2018 at 1:16 AM.
Seeing another upload of yours, the lit up signs reminded me of this one so I came to check out if it was still in testing. Since my game is now working -hoary-and there is a new file I will grab that and check it out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:13 PM
Love your electric box! Just a minor thing I've noticed: the pie menu strings aren't in title case style and that isn't consistent with other pie menus in the game, can you fix it?
just a girl
Original Poster
#86 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 12:59 PM
joandsarah77, simshout, thank you.

I'll fix the menus. Consistency is good.

There's going to be another update. I added a few things and hopefully fixed all the issues (and introduced new ones for sure :D). As soon as I test it, it'll be up here.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#87 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 1:55 PM
Can you tell me where it is and the price because with all my cc I can't find it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
just a girl
Original Poster
#88 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 2:52 PM
Misc. electronics, $50. I may have changed the price since last version, I'm not sure. I'm debating if I should make it zero for convenience sake.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#89 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:21 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 7th Jul 2018 at 9:52 AM.
Thanks, lets hope it is there as I did look through electronics.

0 would make it easier to find.

Edit: I only seem to have the electricity box from the last upload?

Also, do you have a post on how to use it? What should happen now that I have clicked induce short circuit? It said cheat waiting then went away.

~Call me Jo~
just a girl
Original Poster
#90 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Edit: I only seem to have the electricity box from the last upload?

Also, do you have a post on how to use it? What should happen now that I have clicked induce short circuit? It said cheat waiting then went away.

The most current description of electric box and generator is in post #43 (under spoilers): http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...64&postcount=43
The three other related mods are in post #40: http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...40&postcount=40
But you know what? I was planning to update the files and descriptions some time this weekend, so maybe you'd want to wait for that. I changed some logic a bit, e.g. the generator will power objects individually as opposed to the whole lot (I also made a bike generator as someone has suggested ). The electrical box will have changes as well. I wouldn't want to have you waste your time on the version that will get old in a few days.
To answer your question about short circuit. After you induce it, something will break and cause problems with the power.

Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I was eager to try this mod (electrical box and generator).
Unfortunately when I ran the HCDU to check for conflict, I got "the application is not responding".

With your files in, HCDU isn't working. Without your files, HCDU works fine.

Then I ran a test with both files in my current DL folder (6 Gb) and one with your files only. In both cases, HCDU is not responding.
I'm wondering if I'm the only one.

Wow, that's weird. I've never had such a thing happening with HCDU. I've checked right now with compressed and not compressed files, old and new. The program scans folders and works fine. Googling gets me nowhere so far.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#91 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 1:04 AM
I'll wait. Also reading the description. Will the new electric box overwrite the one I have or should I uninstall it? The thing is I didn't figure out what it had done. After trying the first option I sent him to cook but the stove worked-so it could have been some other appliance? I then tried the light one and all the lights worked so I wasn't sure if it worked or maybe it was upstairs. It could have been clashing with something, I'll run the HCUD.

Hmm mine isn't running either, but I often have trouble with it due to how many mods I have I think. I tried 3 times and it went non-responsive 3 times.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#92 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 11:12 PM Last edited by Essa : 9th Jul 2018 at 7:27 AM.
@Lamare
After further investigation, I noticed that the files were incomplete after download. They were 1 Kb only. That's why HCDU wasn't responding.
I had to download the files again, checked if they were complete in DL folder. Then HCDU worked like a charm.

I played with yours mods (mostly the electrical box) in my hoods (test hood and current hood).
Sounds great so far.
I love the scenarii (several power outages and one broken content).
I play with a lighting mod so things are more tricky at night. I love it.

One downside :I have a two CC candles in my game but I guess they're cloned after the lights. They don't work during power outage.
I can live with it though since I need to trim my DL folder.

My farming family will be in great trouble when I'll be back to my game. They'll be unable to pay their bills. *evil grin*
just a girl
Original Poster
#93 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 1:43 AM Last edited by Lamare : 2nd Oct 2021 at 11:09 AM.
@Essa thank you for letting me know what was the issue with HDCU. I was wondering that.
About CC candles. I agree it's a downside, but it's also solvable. One can either edit the box or the candle itself to make the game recognize that this is non-electric lamp. It requires some user actions in SimPE, because, unfortunately, the game doesn't normally differentiate electric lamps from non-electric - they all have the same logic. After I settle on the final version of electric box and upload it, I'll offer my help with editing lamps and make a tutorial on how to add lamps to the system.

@joandsarah77, sorry it took me so long to get the files up.
To answer your questions. New electric box will overwrite the one you have, yes. Stoves can't be broken. Sadly, there are not so many things that can be repaired in game. Maybe that's why the short circuit didn't happen. If there is an object that can be broken or is broken and you still can't force the short circuit, then let me know what is it. I've put some safeguards to prevent breaking stuff that isn't supposed to be breakable, but maybe I made it too safe.

Allright. New files!

I couldn't bring myself to write new description, it's still mostly in post #43. Let's see if objects can prove to be at least somewhat self-explanatory and easy to use (which I aim for, actually).

Electric box.
New interactions:
- What's the problem with the phone/electricity? (sims can try and investigate it!)
- Manual Power/Phone Restriction (for testing and somewhat cheaty, but I might leave this interaction for story-driven play styles: like if you play a challenge and rolled a random event, you can manually shut down power or phone - why not?)
- Fix disabled objects (debug option that you probably won't need, but just in case). If your lights, sprinklers or colorful stacking blocks don't work despite the power being on, enable testing cheats, shift-click on electric box and choose "Fix disabled objects" interaction. (The thing is, I changed the way the mod handles these objects. If transition from the old way to the new way doesn't happen automatically for some reason, you have this interaction just in case.) @Sketching, this one is for you. I believe, the problem with non-working lights in apartments is fixed now.
- Be Scared / Whine (new possible kids' reactions).
Other noticeable changes:
- Circuit breaker now goes with ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI). If CB is installed and not broken, sim will never die of electrocution during repair/tinkering electronics/appliances, even if he got a little shocked and burnt. You can avoid electric shock at all by turning the breaker off - if power is off when your sims are repairing stuff, they have no chance to even get electrocuted. Also, with CB, there will be no fire after electrocution. How to tell that you were saved: if the power was on, but suddenly went off during repairing/tinkering, it might be that CB reacted to leakage current and cut the power. Exceptions are elevators and servos, and also sims may still die from holiday reindeers, evil kites and digging. Repairing breached wire doesn't shock even w/o CB (done only by npc repairman anyway).
- Revised reactions for sims to turned off lights. A little more balanced variety (hopefully). And while I was at it, I implemented something special for the kids. They may run to their favorite relative (best long-term relationsips), whine or cry and be calmed. Low mood or aspiration score make weeping and whining more likely. Bad ass kids don't cry, they throw tantrums. @Bananensap suggested it and I though it was a good idea and not that hard to implement.
- Business Car Display now turns off lights and rotation, when the power is off.
- Business Espresso Stand - no selling or making coffee during power outage.
- In apartments, the electric box can be placed in common area. It will still affect mostly your active current family (unless it's lot-wide power outage), but this change allows you to free up some space inside apartment. One thing - in common area, if won't lower the rent, even if you preinstall it with bad conditions.
- Price $0 for easy finding.

Collection file (almost forgot about it). I grouped electric box, gas generator, fuel can, bike generator, candle + solar panels and wind turbine.

Digging accident. A little update for the fact electric box may be placed in apartment's common area.

Candle. An interaction to replace all burnt out candles.

Gas generator. The major change is that now you have to connect individual objects to it in order for them to be powered by working generator. This makes it different from solar panels and wind turbines that power the whole lot or apartment. There's a limit to how many objects you can plug in at the same time - up to 6 items per generator. You'll see the new interaction, it should be easy to use. I haven't decided if the room # indication is helpful or not, let me know.

Bike generator. Doesn't make noise and a lot less dangerous than gas generator, but there is a trick - sims have to workout to make power. You also have to connect individual objects in order for them to be powered by working generator - up to 3 items per bike this time.
It's a clone of FT bike, so you need FreeTime for this. One thing - it's not recolorable at the moment, but I'll ask someone for help with that.
@MHS0501, this was your idea

To sum up power back-up options, now you have solar panel (M&G), wind turbine (also M&G), gas generator and bike generator. No one option is perfect - each one has its own advantages and disadvantages, which, in my opinion, makes it more interesting and challenging to play.

Whew! Finally, remove old versions from your downloads before adding new ones. I might have renamed the files (I do that a lot in testing). Note that collection file goes into Collections folder. Oh, and you may have to sell old object and buy new ones in game for the update to be completed.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  electric-box-TEST.zip (617.1 KB, 551 downloads) - View custom content
Description: requires OFB or later
File Type: zip  gas-generator-TEST.zip (117.9 KB, 427 downloads) - View custom content
Description: requirements unknown (AL/MG/UC will be good)
File Type: zip  bike-generator-TEST.zip (19.6 KB, 389 downloads) - View custom content
Description: requires FT
File Type: zip  utilities-COLLECTION.zip (2.6 KB, 392 downloads) - View custom content
Description: requirements unknown
File Type: zip  digging-accident-TEST.zip (3.1 KB, 401 downloads) - View custom content
Description: requires BV
File Type: zip  candle-TEST.zip (31.5 KB, 395 downloads) - View custom content
Description: requirements unknown (AL/MG/UC will be good)
Top Secret Researcher
#94 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 10:56 AM
I am so glad there are new files.
I had some busy time, but maybe I can try this out in the next few weeks.
I really can't wait for it to be uploaded.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#95 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 12:11 PM
This is awesome @Lamare
I never thought you would actually implement that!

Many thanks xoxo
Scholar
#96 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 5:56 PM
Holy crap, the electric box is fun. And the popups are so well written too. I'll be keeping an eye on this now I know about it. Great work!

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Inventor
#97 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 8:31 AM
Thanks, Lamare! Sorry I haven't been around as often - I've been so busy with work and other activities that I haven't opened my game in a while. I downloaded the updated files and I'll let you know if I find anything else (when I have access to my game...). I'm especially looking forward to using the new set of power back-up options! 'Tis difficult for fugitives to put up conspicuous wind turbines, you know.

Just wondering, can we still use the rent clipboard (the one on post 39) with the updated files?
just a girl
Original Poster
#98 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 3:41 PM
Thank you for dropping by, everyone.

Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Holy crap, the electric box is fun. And the popups are so well written too. I'll be keeping an eye on this now I know about it. Great work!

I must thank BkajnlConcepts for grammar advice

Just wondering, can we still use the rent clipboard (the one on post 39) with the updated files?

You can. Although I'm still a bit suspicious about the clipboard (even though no one complained). If it happens to cause an error with apartment, be prepared to move sims out and back in to fix it. I'm not sure the clipboard actually causes anything, but just in case.
Inventor
#99 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
You can. Although I'm still a bit suspicious about the clipboard (even though no one complained). If it happens to cause an error with apartment, be prepared to move sims out and back in to fix it. I'm not sure the clipboard actually causes anything, but just in case.

Aye, aye, captain. I've been using it for a while and haven't spotted any issues, but I'll be ready to do the Moving Dance if anything related comes up. Just for clarification, is the landlord phone repair option functional? Sorry if I missed it among the update posts.

Thanks for the answer and your hard work!
just a girl
Original Poster
#100 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 7:58 AM
@Sketching, I haven't done anything about the landlord except testing. All I could find out is that if you ask him for repairs when he's about to leave for the day, he won't do it right away, and will do it the next morning instead. But if you ask earlier, he'll do it. Maybe it wasn't your case. If it's a bug with the electric box, it hid itself well.
Page 4 of 6