Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 6:50 PM
Default Gunpoint Medicine in the USA?
I just came across this: http://www.newstarget.com/022267.html

"Following the State of Maryland's threats against parents who refuse to have their children vaccinated, children were herded into a Price George County courthouse being guarded by armed personnel with attack dogs. Inside, the children were forcibly vaccinated, many against their will, under orders from the State Attorney General, various State Judges and the local School Board Director, all of whom illegally conspired to threaten parents with imprisonment if they did not submit their children to vaccinations.

The State of Maryland has now turned to Gestapo tactics to force its medical will upon the People, stripping parents of any right to decide how they wish to protect their own children from infectious disease. Health authorities there have already announced their intent to essentially kidnap parents and throw them in jail, removing them from their children for up to thirty days if they continue to refuse to have their children vaccinated. This will all be conducted at gunpoint, with armed personnel and attack dogs at the ready, making sure nobody steps out of line, and suppressing any attempt at public dissent against the Orwellian vaccination policies..."

This put a new spin on the term "drug pushers". So lets hear from those who proclaims the freedoms that Americans are given by this country. I have not heard this on the news in my area so it must not be news worthy. I now am beginning to understand how Hitler was able to do what he did and no one was the wiser.

Will share my take on this later, but for now what do you think about forced vaccination and the tactic that is being used?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 9:30 PM
I think you might be jumping the gun a little. Wait until some parent sues the State of Maryland, and it gets taken to the US Supreme Court. There are potentially a lot of things I see wrong in Maryland's policy just based on the limited information you provided, so it seems to me that before you go comparing Maryland to Hitler, let the process work itself out. A group of parents will no doubt sue the State of Maryland, and their policy will be ruled an unconstitutional violation of civil liberties by the Supreme Court...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 9:52 PM
Just wondering, anyone else feel that website is a little off? Such as the report about how Sunscreen actually promotes cancer as a profit plot between the sunscreen industry and the cancer industry? The whole thing seems a little fishy to me.

If it's not satire, then I'm very very scared of the author of that piece.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 10:16 PM
Pretty much all states require that children have particular vaccinations before they can attend school. And pretty much all states require that children attend school. The other option is to homeschool or perhaps find a private school that doesn't require it. This is... really common and not really news.

The article is written with a -very- obvious bias. I'd prefer a more... unbiased source that sticks to the actual facts of what happened.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Alchemist
#5 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
Just wondering, anyone else feel that website is a little off? Such as the report about how Sunscreen actually promotes cancer as a profit plot between the sunscreen industry and the cancer industry? The whole thing seems a little fishy to me.

*dons tin foil hat* Onoes, the conspiracy! :fright:

Sorry couldn't help it I agree it sounds off and very biased...I have trouble believing parents will be held at gunpoint to vaccinate their kids. the worst thing that could happen is that they won't be allowed in school.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 11:22 PM
It would seem, with a bit of Google research, that The American Association of Physicians and Surgeons have publically decried this occurance. This link was founded from this article.

I just wanted to post these links in case someone wanted to see other articles on the same subject, ones that don't seem to be dripping with bias.

"I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows. I am also an old, old woman. More than that you need not know."
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 11:34 PM
In case anyone needs more evidence that the article is... at least biased, then I can verify, after going to public schools in Maryland for a total of eight years, that nothing like that occurs.

...Especially in PG County, which is known to be civilized.

Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 6:00 AM
Every thing that is written and pass off as news is bias and should be questioned, however the question should be, did this really happened and if it did it should not matter if it was a chicken telling the story. I chose not to post this other site as it was not the one I read first. http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...ccinations.html

The reason I put this topic up for debate is because while the school system or the State may say you must have your child vaccinated in order for the child to be admitted into a school district it is more out of intimidation and not facts, at least that is how it was when my kids attended school. A parent always held/had the right to exempt their child from the school’s vaccination policy. I know this because my children were exempt and they attended schools in three different States.

The reason for my decision to not vaccinate was due to the doctor presenting me with a form to sign releasing him of any and all liability if my child develop a bad reaction from the drugs. When I questioned him about the side affects, he stated that there was none. My question to him, if there was none, why the need for the form and my signature? He stated that I was the only parent he came across that had an issue with it and if the other parents saw no problem why was I questioning him? My answer to him as I gathered my child and her things together was ,because I am responsible and will accept all liability for my child. As I headed for the door he stated that my child need the shots in order for her not to get sick. My response was, since I am the only parent that have a problem with it, my child should be okay with all the other kids vaccinated my child won’t have anyone to catch anything from. That was when he told me about the exemption and he give me a hand full of exemption forms which I put to good use without any problems.

Kids are now grown in their late twenties and early thirties. I never thought I would see the day when the drug company would be so legal and yet not liable for the bad results of their drugs, but to experiment on babies/children with the blessings of the Government is no better than Hitler. :claw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7x30tbot3M
Instructor
#9 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 7:38 PM
This topic (forced vaccinations) is a sore one with me...from what i have read about MD's stand on MSN is that they seem to feel that parents are simply being lazy or contrary and because of this they have scheduled a 'special hearing' in which parents will be forced to either provde proof of exemption, agree to have thier children vaccinated at free clinics set up by the school system or face 30 days in jail. i have a few issues with this as a non-vax'ing parent the first being: my choice to not subject my children to needle jabs every few months is part of my responsibility as a parent....i keep the kids away from other children who have just recived thier shots (in this case recently vax'ed kids are a hazard to MY children because of the active viruses they have injected in them) i take precautions to isolate them when there is news of an outbreak and i am doing quite fine with that system. they haven't had mumps or measles nor the more dbilitating polio and rubella.

secondly: when a child is vax'ed it is done in a series of shots spaced far enough apart to avoid a build up of the virus or what-have-you in thier bodies and causing more harm than good. what maryland is doing is requiring these kids to be brought up to date imediately....which means that my 2 year old (for example) would get close to 10 doses of different vaccins in a short period of time, raising all of the risks of adverse reactions and even more importantly, death. now multiply that for a chld who is school aged say 7 or 8 and you are topping out around what? 25 shots in one week, one month? god knows what that would do to a childs body not to mention thier still developing brains.

thirdly: this smacks of martial law and it seems a bit too much like the state removing a parents ight to raise thier children the way they wish to do it. we homeschool our kids and to be able to do that we use my mothers address in NJ (even though we moved to PA,a much stricter state) to avoid conflict with the state....this follows along with vaccinations...to force parents into a position where we feel we have to lie to 'the man' just to parent the way we see fit is just sickening to me..it makes me sick every time i have to write the letter at the begining of the school year but i do it to avoid interferance from the government...it's messed up but thats how it has to be right now

hopefullt one day we won't face these kind of restrictions but until then so be it.

if i was one of those parents (and who knows i may be one day) i'd move house before giving in to such facist(sp?) tactics. simply disgraceful.

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Inventor
#10 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 7:48 PM
Um, if people know this is illegal, why isn't something being done about it? Doesn't anybody have a lawyer? I think you're getting your information from idiots.
Instructor
#11 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 8:01 PM
Annachibi- perhaps you should clarify what you are talkng about as that post could be taken a number of unpleasent ways

i don't believe a word of the OPs orginal article but i have read other(reputable) articles and while there is no guns drawn or dogs ready to chew off unhappt parents legs,this is a real problem and one thats a little too close to home for me.

#12 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 2:30 AM
This makes me thankful that I don't live in that state! I'm a parent of four, and can speak for the pressure put on parents to comply with everyone else. So many times doctors expect you to just agree to everything suggest because they're the ones with the fancy title after their name. Who the hell are you to think independently about the wellfare of your child.

When my youngest daughter was a year, I brought her in for her one year check up. The doctor saw that she had a labial fusion and insisted she had surgery right away. I had never heard of it before but refused to agree to putting my one year old baby through a surgery that I didn't know about. That woman gave me a talking to that I nearly walked out. She made me feel as if I was a horrible parent and not putting my daughters needs before my fear.

So I went home, and googled it. All the information I could find said it usually fixes itself with time. By time she was two, it did correct itself. Now I must ask myself, why in the world that doctor insisted and fought with me about putting my baby through a needless surgery? Seems to me the woman had dollar signs in her eyes.

I know the pushers in this situation were not doctors, they were politicians and school officials. It's actually the doctors that spoke against it. But it's the same thing of being pushed to comply with everyone else. I'm thankful I went against the grain.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shenanigans
Now I must ask myself, why in the world that doctor insisted and fought with me about putting my baby through a needless surgery? Seems to me the woman had dollar signs in her eyes.
How can you know that you were being pushed to comply when this was one doctor's recommendation? There are doctors with dollar signs in their eyes, but there are also good doctors, and more of them than bad ones, I'm willing to bet.

Instructor
#14 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 1:37 AM
What if it hadn't corrected itself? Then you'd have to put your child through a needed surgery. What then?

And I personally am glad that they make you vaccinate prior to school admission. I don't want my baby to get sick because some parent didn't want to vaccinate. This has been argued before. I cannot see why you wouldn't vaccinate. You're preventing diseases that KILL CHILDREN. Why not vaccinate?

You can keep your knight in shining armor. I'll take my country boy in turn-out gear!
Proud single mom, firefighter's girl, and beautifully imperfect person.
Avatar is me (tall girl), my Abbi (short girl in hat), and my boyfriend James (lone man) at Abbi's Kindergarten Graduation last May.
#15 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 3:27 AM
Because some research is beginning to link serious disorders like autism to vaccinations.
http://www.westonaprice.org/children/autism.html
Because parents are tired of feeling like the state is taking away their parental rights.

My children are all vaccinated, but I understand and respect others who chose not to.

And as for my daughter's situation...
I myself have gone through three surgery's on my ears where they had to actually put me under. For my first one I was six years old. That's a whole lot older than the 1year my daughter was. I personally feel putting a one year old too sleep is far more dangerous than an older child, but even if it isn't, there's the after surgery to think about. You can not keep a one year old out of diapers, having a wound (they were going to tear/cut her there) in the environment of a diaper is not a smart idea. It's a breeding ground for infection. Not to mention the timing of this surgery would have been a month before we were to move half way across the world.

Her condition had absolutely no negative effects. And couldn't possibly had had any until she reached puberty. If she was eight and needed it done, I would have done so. But a one year old infant?? No thank you.
Instructor
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 3:24 PM
adding to what shenan said, if you vax your kids HOW could my child get your child sick? doesn't that say you have little faith in those shots anyway? the only hazzard for children who aren't vax'd are kids who recently (like within the last week) immunized.

Some the side affects of the vaccines are far worse than some of the deseases they treat...like chicken pox..there is no reason on earth to vax children for chicken pox...adults are the ones who die from it with any type of regularity,NOT kids. sure a few die from it but not enough to make it a mandatory injection...call it cold but it is called natural selection. children die sometimes, its a terrible truth but a truth none the less. do i want my kids to get polio? no of course not but i also know that when i was doing my research on the subject,we hadn't had any known cases in oh 20 years. the MMR vaccine has been linked to autisum and other debilitating conditions...children die from vaccines at about the same rate they die from they handfull of deseases they are vaccinated for...that speaks volumes to me.

plus my kids don't freak out when they hear the words 'check up' because they have nothing to fear..no pokes or pinches. would i take my child to get a tetnus shot if they cut themselves on rusty metal? sure but thats an imminent threat,not a "well maybe"..i prefer to treat illnesses as they come up,not 'just in case'.

my frame of reference for reactions is how my first child reacted to her first 2 sets of shots..the reactions became worse and worse until i was sitting in the ER with a child who was feaverish and struggling to breathe. i almost lost my baby that night and i have no qualms saying it was the shots she had recived that morning that caused the reaction. since that day i have done enough research to qualify for a grant on the subject and i have taken a stand with my Pedi. no more shots for my babes, that is our right as parents..seeing what hurts our children and stoping it until they can do it themselves. i stand by my choice,thank you.

Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daisie
How can you know that you were being pushed to comply when this was one doctor's recommendation? There are doctors with dollar signs in their eyes, but there are also good doctors, and more of them than bad ones, I'm willing to bet.

What mother really care about the number of good doctors when they are dealing/face with one (doctor) that doesn’t seem to have their child’s best interest/welfare at heart? When dealing with a doctor that somehow seem to think that their word is gospel and you have better do whatever they say, no questions ask, because they have certification saying they should have the know how and yet doesn’t have the common courtesy/decency to take the time out to explain the danger of chemicals they are injecting into your child’s system? Not allowing a parent options when you know there are risk I find to be criminal.

If you are going to make something mandatory and yet remove yourself from any and all liability only say/tell me that you don’t have any faith in your product, so why should I take on the risk when I am left on my own to deal with the result? The motivation of/for money has cheapen America’s health care system and thanks to our government anyone that’s not rolling in the green or don’t have the ability to fight back, gets demoted from human being to a statistic. Thanks but no thanks!

The citizens of this country provide the politicians free health care and as much as they hate a national health care system, I don’t hear/see them passing bills/ legislation to have the cost or premium/payments taken out of their paychecks for their own health care, and yet their family are not subjected to the all out attack of the drug companies like/that they have so carelessly unleashed on us the citizens.

I praise all the mothers that take the time to research drugs before allowing doctors to just inject them into their kids no questions asked. :einstein
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 6:18 PM
urisStar, I wan't commenting on her personal experience with that pediatrician, I was commenting on the way she lumped all doctors into one category, no questions asked. It would be irresponsible as a parent not to research and find the best option for the child. However, your attitude towards the medical profession (the same attitude as others' in this thread) is kind of perplexing. You seem to think that doctors know zero about medicine and health care, while in reality they all went to medical school and got degrees, got certified to practice, and passed all the other hurdles they had to before getting their jobs. Did the average parent do all that? I don't think so. That's why pediatricians sometimes assume that they know a little more than Mommy or Daddy does.

Inventor
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daisie
urisStar, I wan't commenting on her personal experience with that pediatrician, I was commenting on the way she lumped all doctors into one category, no questions asked. It would be irresponsible as a parent not to research and find the best option for the child. However, your attitude towards the medical profession (the same attitude as others' in this thread) is kind of perplexing. You seem to think that doctors know zero about medicine and health care, while in reality they all went to medical school and got degrees, got certified to practice, and passed all the other hurdles they had to before getting their jobs. Did the average parent do all that? I don't think so. That's why pediatricians sometimes assume that they know a little more than Mommy or Daddy does.

I am happy for any and all that have only had good experiences with doctors and the health care system here in the USA and I say to you, keep the faith. For those of us who may have not had the same experiences as you, I say keep up the fight. :D
Instructor
#20 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 12:12 AM
longdaysend, I wasn't attacking your choice about the surgery, honestly. I was just asking. No offense meant, I totally get where you're comin' from. Friends?

However, I still do not understand why one would not vaccinate. The autism argument is bunk. Almost every medical professional and special education professional will tell you that. The one study almost everyone cites is not worth mentioning. 12 of the 13 doctors withdrew their opinions. The autism argument DOES NOT HOLD WATER. It has been DISPROVEN. Do you know why there's not been a case of polio in over 20 years? Because people vaccinated.

I got my child vaccinated. She doesn't freak out when I tell her we're going to see Dr. K. She gets happy. Never mind that she's been poked, prodded, pinched, had pedi bags on, been given breathing treatments, and had a general rough time of it at the doctor's office in the last year. It has nothing to do with the idea of the check up, it has to do with YOU freaking out about the shots. I tell her they're for her own good, and I spoil her rotten afterward. Her last set of shots she didn't even flinch for. Perhaps it's the VCUG that did that for her, but I'd like to think it's the fact that we have a great nursing staff.

In a situation where there has been a serious reaction, I can see not vaccinating. But not vaccinating because a doctor wants release from liability? He'd be stupid to NOT want to be released. He has NO CONTROL over what is in the vaccines. He doesn't mix the stuff up on site, ya know. My pediatrician (I think I'm spoiled) came right out and told me 'There are risks involved.' I have said this before and I'll say it again now:
If you were told you have appendicitis, would you opt not to operate because you might die on the table, thus resulting in almost certain death due to rupture of the appendix and resulting infection?

Does all this mean I condone the alleged incident in Maryland? No. I haven't even seen a reliable news article on the event. The one that was given in the first post was farce, at best. It was biased, at minimum. I believe that you have a choice. However, don't expect me to agree with or understand your choice.

You can keep your knight in shining armor. I'll take my country boy in turn-out gear!
Proud single mom, firefighter's girl, and beautifully imperfect person.
Avatar is me (tall girl), my Abbi (short girl in hat), and my boyfriend James (lone man) at Abbi's Kindergarten Graduation last May.
Instructor
#21 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 1:10 AM
Chelly, shenans little girl was the one with the labial fusion not mine but no harm no foul.

i'm am trying to find the link to the MSN.com article i read last week about this. when i find it i'll post it here so we have a non-insane article to site:D

#22 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 2:46 AM
I am in full agreement that link given in the first post is obviously terribly biased and not even laced, but flooded with words to pursuade people one way or another. Here's some other links a little more sane. The YouTube is long, but rather shocking. One of the children there had good medical reasons for not being vaccinated, something about epilepsy but the "officials" didn't care. Sad really.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007...in3522040.shtml
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Vj0EX_STU
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 2:57 AM
This whole vaccination thing is really very sad.

I have a friend whose little sister was born a perfectly normal healthy little baby, but after having her shots, got very sick and almost died. She ended up living but with a mental disability.

i'm not saying it's bad for people to be vaccinated- I myself am, but I think it should be the parents choice- not the governments. I also think doctors should tell the parents about all the possible risks before vaccinating the child.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 9:35 PM
I am absolutley shocked by that. America is meant to be a free country. I would never vaccinate my kids, I am totally against it.

I am a New Zealander, and this makes me think of two recent events in my country.

The New Zealand goverment is very pro vaccines. In 2005, they decided to vaccinate every child against meninjacoccal disease. It was optional, but of course there were the usual scare videos, and free lollies excetra at schools, to persuade kids to have the vaccine. A year afterwards, the vaccine was revealed to have been tested improperly. A higher percentage of vaccinated kids were contracting the disease than non vaccinated kids. There is a lot of protest now, about the vaccine being used without being properly tested. It makes me think, Why are authorities so eager to vaccinate everyone? The disease in question is incredibly rare, and the vaccine made it worse. Yet kids are still being vaccinated often, sometimes for diseases that have never struck in our country. Why?

The second event was recent raids by armed troops on remote towns. They siezed weapons and arrested members of Maori (the aboriginal people of New Zealand) Protest groups. They were arrested under the terror prevention act. The raid involved armed anti terror police conducting roadblocks.
There is now huge protest, because children saw the guns and are scared. People are saying they are terrified and emotionally scarred. The goverment is apologising.

Yet in America, kids are being dragged away from their parents by armed police and attack dogs and being vaccinated against their will. And there doesn't seem to be any reaction.

And thats only for vaccinations, the raids In New Zealand were to arrest extreme activists that were training teens to use guns and napalm.

If it takes armed police and attack dogs to vaccinate kids, Imagine what they would do to 'terrorists' Nukes and Cruise missiles perhaps.

America is meant to be a free country, but to me it doesn't sound very free at all.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xacimo
Yet in America, kids are being dragged away from their parents by armed police and attack dogs and being vaccinated against their will. And there doesn't seem to be any reaction.
There isn't a reaction... because the attack dogs and armed police don't exist. It's an exaggeration.

Page 1 of 2