Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2023 at 11:58 AM Last edited by Burinis : 16th May 2023 at 4:57 PM. Reason: fixed setting name

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Strange glitch with the game (in the description)
I am Russian, I could not find help on Russian-language forums, so I will write here (I apologize for the possible language barrier).
Yesterday I decided to reinstall Sims 2 with all the additions. and catalogs. But now another attack has been added: the interface has become blurry, and the window has begun to stretch. There was no such thing before. The only thing that saves is the zoom setting in the "change high dpi settings".
Another oddity is that in the screen resolution settings, the screen resolution parameters below 1024x768 have disappeared, although now such settings are no longer relevant:

But the question arises: how is this possible?

Windows 10 Home SL 64bit 22H2
Intel Core i5-8300h
Intel UHD Graphics 630
NVIDIA GeForce 1060 MaxQ
12 GB RAM.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th May 2023 at 12:08 PM
Have you changed your monitor size?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2023 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Have you changed your monitor size?

no
my monitor size is 1920x1080
Theorist
#4 Old 16th May 2023 at 3:06 PM
You should only pick resolutions that are the same ratio as your monitor.

For example: resolution 800x600: when you divide 800 : 600 = 4 : 3 = 1.3333

The 4:3 is the "aspect ratio".

Now, your monitor size is 1920x1080, so the monitor aspect ratio is 1920 : 1080 = 16 : 9.

When you do this calculation for all the resolutions offered, you get that 1280 : 720 = 16 : 9, so that is the resolution that you should pick so that the screen is not stretched. Any higher resolution that is also 16:9 will be even better (bigger resolution, no stretch, no interface blur).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th May 2023 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
You should only pick resolutions that are the same ratio as your monitor.

For example: resolution 800x600: when you divide 800 : 600 = 4 : 3 = 1.3333

The 4:3 is the "aspect ratio".

Now, your monitor size is 1920x1080, so the monitor aspect ratio is 1920 : 1080 = 16 : 9.

When you do this calculation for all the resolutions offered, you get that 1280 : 720 = 16 : 9, so that is the resolution that you should pick so that the screen is not stretched. Any higher resolution that is also 16:9 will be even better (bigger resolution, no stretch, no interface blur).

I have the same resolution in my game. And I almost forgot: here are screenshots with a comparison.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th May 2023 at 11:28 AM
HEY! where are you? the problem is relevant!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th May 2023 at 9:04 PM
Have you tried Graphics Rules Maker?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th May 2023 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lenna9
Have you tried Graphics Rules Maker?

yes. I'm sorry for the long absence, but here are the GRM settings.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th May 2023 at 10:59 AM
Have you tried the tick box that says "use square pixels" in the ingame graphic settings? It can sometimes help (or not, depending) with the game when using a long-format pixel ratio, especially when things look more stretched than they're supposed to.

Check that your game is running on the Nvidia card. You've got the settings on GR set to "high" for Intel, so if the game switches back to Intel (which it can sometimes do if you haven't set it up properly) it can trick you into thinking the game is running fine with Nvidia when it's really running on Intel graphics.

You can check which settings your game is running at by opening the "computername-config-log" file in the Logs folder, same location as Downloads (this one checks TS2, Bodyshop and Homecrafter, and will have the info for the last run program out of these three).