Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 6:25 AM
Default Hi!
Hey everybody--

I've been playing the first Sims game for years, and have been making skins and objects for it (mostly ancient world stuff); I used to hang out at the (late, great) Simblesse Oblige. I'd avoided the Sims 2 though, since 1., I'm on a Mac and they never released all the expansion packs for it and 2., like I really needed another time-suck in my life. But a couple weeks ago I spotted a CD of the Sims 2 in a thrift store for like a buck ninety-nine, so I bought it, figuring I'd use it on the Windows XP laptop that I only bought back in the day so I could make meshes for the Sims in Milkshape (not kidding, I'm *really* not a PC person). I got all psyched up to play, installed it and everything, and then found that the graphics card wasn't up to scratch.

So I broke down and finally ordered all the Mac versions, every expansion pack and stuff pack that would work on a Macintosh. A week later just about everything has arrived, except of course, THE BASE GAME so I've been longingly going through the Sims 2 threads here dreaming about how wonderful it will be to build more than two storeys! walk around at ground level! kitty-corner furniture! have a foundation on my house! &c., &c.

And of course I have a million questions about making outfits and objects for the second game, but I'll refrain from bombarding you all with them until I actually get to play the thing, since I imagine that will answer a lot of them. Right now I can't quite fathom how object making all works, but dammit I'm going to learn.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 7:26 AM
Welcome. Us Sims 2 players love having new sims 2 people arrive on the forums. We don't get that many any more so we hope you stick around and post lots.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 11:23 AM
Hi @Thalia !

Nice to see new Sims 2 players, I hope you enjoy it when it arrives! In the meantime, Sims 1 is still alive and well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Welcome. Us Sims 2 players love having new sims 2 people arrive on the forums. We don't get that many any more so we hope you stick around and post lots.

Thanks for the welcome! Like I said, I have plenty of questions, so I'm sure I'll be making lots of posts. Hopefully the stuff I'd like to do (objects, what would be called 'skins' in the first game, not sure quite what the terminology is for the second) won't prove too difficult on a Mac. I know sometimes the programs needed are only made for the PC.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hi @Thalia !

Nice to see new Sims 2 players, I hope you enjoy it when it arrives! In the meantime, Sims 1 is still alive and well.

I don't intend to stop making stuff for the first game, either; I've got an update in the works even now (I always have an update in the works, ha).
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 2:02 AM
YOOOOOO

welcome :0