Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#51 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 11:43 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 14th Jul 2019 at 12:12 AM.
ICad, I'm still just setting it up to take place 14 years than the main cannon took place, just it take a real day (4hour) to age up and create relationship per subhood. It's a miracle I forgot to have some sims have kids who are now elders. mwhahaha

When I finished the set up, I'm not sure. Last time I came this far with uberhood, I planned ahead with a the war challenge and got bored when I was planning to play them 1-3 simdays. But I roughly I play 1-3 families per sessions. Before the "real" playing taking place, I first gonna cull the hood with a disease, so few hundred of sims (older ones are preferred) are culled.

Currently going through Four-corner and just finished a family where I "forced" romance sims to have FOUR kids. (the wife ideal number was 6 ). My motto: Want to woohoo, romance sim? Well them you have to spawn those babies before put on birth control. Guess I'm the reversed type who trying to make things happy and play with wants. I make it misery for the sims and often fullfill fears instead.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
TOTALLY! I mean, heck, you're just up in Idaho, for heaven's sake. What, 18 hour drive or so? That's about how long it takes me to drive from home to here in SoCal if I don't take the scenic route, and I think the distance is similar. So we're practically neighbors. I'll bet if I yell loud enough, you could hear me.

*ahem* Anyway, what were we talking about again?

Road Trip! I threw it in google maps, IIRC where in CO you are: 8 hrs and 36 minutes.

That's what we're talking about.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
#53 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
My sim population has run off to 1675 playables *snipped*

But I roughly I play 1-3 families per sessions. Before the "real" playing taking place, I first gonna cull the hood with a disease, so few hundred of sims (older ones are preferred) are culled.

Your game sounds like a real full-time job. Seriously, I would not know where to begin if I had that many sims/households to manage. You must have a lot of patience.

As it stands now, I start getting pretty anxious when there are more than 50 playables in any of my 'hoods, and soon start hoping the flu/real-sickness will kick-in and take care of things before I'm forced to roll the die or ROS to see if someone will meet with an unfortunate end.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Scholar
Original Poster
#54 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 5:05 AM Last edited by Florentzina : 14th Jul 2019 at 7:18 AM.
Penelope.
Well I can't complain now I don't have enough variety in the dating pool where there is no longer any townies. I had that issues with my previous custom hood.

I play the old school; "lot after lot, subhood after subhood" by clicking on the closest neighbor and using spreed sheets and Lot Sync to keep track. It's more like I've lot of time to spare from having real life stress/ panic attacks and have now a 1½ month off from college. The game is like reading/writing a story (which I was a fan of during high-school, wanting to become a script writer).

Just from Bitville, Four Corner and Garden Height, I ended up with 63 TEENS (37 Boys, 26 Girls ) from 17 females who are now near middle aged from the cannon. An average of 3.7 kid per woman, which shouldn't be toooo bad consider the next generation will have to deal with childbirth (10% chance/pregnancy) and becoming fertile very easily. But with war, plague and childbirth, my goal is to reach 2 per woman on average as that only replace yourself or something like that.

Hmm.. the last posts was a bit off topic. But technically, I just asking how people handle pregnancy in the game outside the classic route especially with older sims which was sort of a pet peeve for me like it's with homo-sexuality (you know, met in high school, engage in college, get married, get a job, have children, have grandchildren, rinse and repeat). But after starting this thread, I think my breeding habit got worst...
Undead Molten Llama
#55 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 9:59 PM
Currently going through Four-corner and just finished a family where I "forced" romance sims to have FOUR kids. (the wife ideal number was 6 ). My motto: Want to woohoo, romance sim? Well them you have to spawn those babies before put on birth control. Guess I'm the reversed type who trying to make things happy and play with wants. I make it misery for the sims and often fullfill fears instead.

Fulfilling fears can be fun, sometimes. And I find it breaks up the want-ruts that Sims can get into if you've "trained" them to roll certain wants by always fulfilling those wants. I guess fulfilling fears for a while breaks up the routine and the programming.

Romance Sims...Well, if you do the deed a lot, there's a higher chance that something's going to go wrong and an oops will happen, just as in real life. And maybe it'll take having four kids before they figure out what they need to do to avoid having more. One of the rolls I do for ACR settings is for ideal family size, and for those I moderate the possible results by primary and secondary aspirations. (The latter pretty much always get assigned -- randomly -- to my born-in-game Sims at their teen birthday, which is also when the ACR rolls happen.) So, generally speaking, Romance Sims "want" fewer kids in my game...but that can be totally changed by, for instance, having a Family secondary aspiration, in which case that Sim can become a baby-making machine, only because of the Family aspiration, generally they have them with a spouse. Or spouses, since many such Sims of mine end up in polyamorous groups. And even with all that....Well, if wants are rolled, then by my rules any Sim can have more than their ideal number of kids. Ideals change sometimes as we go through life, and I figure that rolling a want for a kid when you've already reached your "ideal" signifies that.

And in general....I don't know how you keep everything straight in your head. You must have a really good spreadsheet (or other tracking system) or a really good brain. Or both.

Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Road Trip! I threw it in google maps, IIRC where in CO you are: 8 hrs and 36 minutes.

That's what we're talking about.

Really? Cool! You must be in southern Idaho, though, because it takes me ~7.5 hours to drive to Salt Lake City from home, and I'm assuming the route you looked up goes through Utah north-to-south, since that's the easiest and most direct way that avoids most of the "driving 20 miles out of your way because there's a mountain in the way" thing. I mean, driving through Wyoming and down through Colorado is certainly a lot prettier, but....yeah, lots of meandering around to get to the next pass.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
Original Poster
#56 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 11:54 AM Last edited by Florentzina : 15th Jul 2019 at 8:59 PM.
ICad, these are my spreadsheets (copied it with the program that take photo from the screen) that I've next to the game in window mode. It's a tedious to type it in, but simple route, I just use tabs on word-pad instead using excel which I've seen many use.
Page 3 of 3