Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 11:19 AM
Default Look these. Non-default faces template! of all races (they're realistic, not caricatures)
http://isbrealiomcaife.dreamwidth.org/11526.html

Che il sultano mantenga le tradizioni nella propria terra, ma non tenti di imporle ad altri regnanti.
That the sultan may keep his tradition in his own land, but not attempt to force them on other rulers.
(Vlad Țepeș)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 12:02 PM
I've seen them before. The idea is great, but I don't necessarily see the region that is supposed to be seen. I feel it relies too much on skin tone, rather than facial features. They all look rather the same if you take away the skin and hair.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 12:10 PM
I've downloaded a bunch of them ... they're very well-done. Some of the differences are subtle, but they are different.

There are many non-default templates out there that are really good, and add some great variety to your game. GoS has a bunch of others as well.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Alchemist
#4 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 12:46 PM
Thanks for the tip!
Inventor
#5 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:03 PM
Nice, although somewhat of a stereotype with the European model,.. the blue eyes and blonde hair. Europe encompasses Mediterranean countries, not just Scandinavian ones.

Ooh I'm so picky today!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:22 PM
I like them. I haven't downloaded them because default face templates are enough variety for me, especially if I just need a face to build from.

But I do really like these, and think they look great, and I love the diversity. I might be inclined to download some if they were defaulted, but I may already have some like that. There are so many.

But this set is really, really nice - very beautiful sim-ified portrayals of our regions/countries. Just from preview images, I give it two thumbs up!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
Nice, although somewhat of a stereotype with the European model,.. the blue eyes and blonde hair. Europe encompasses Mediterranean countries, not just Scandinavian ones.

Ooh I'm so picky today!

There are links to all the variety of europeans. Photos are not only in that site http://s1223.photobucket.com/user/i...7c78a3.png.html

Che il sultano mantenga le tradizioni nella propria terra, ma non tenti di imporle ad altri regnanti.
That the sultan may keep his tradition in his own land, but not attempt to force them on other rulers.
(Vlad Țepeș)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 8:08 PM
It really is a great pack - added in a big selection to my game recently and created a new town and it was great seeing all the new faces about. I also added curious b's Sister Moon eyes - http://curiousb.dreamwidth.org/37313.html - and, together, they've made my 'hood look so much more varied and interesting
Field Researcher
#9 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 7:26 AM
I have these in my game and I think they're great. I have so many face templates! These, RevolverTrooper's non-defaults of AlfredAskew's and Trapping's faces, Pooklet's most recent default faces, and a few other non-defaults. I've also binned and townified all of my brows and some of my glasses and clothes. I have so much fun just clicking the randomize sim button!

Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 2:59 PM
Default Useful Infos about these face templates.
They don't get saved properly...
After you do a plastic surgery on a sim ingame (I use the gussy up plugin) if you then use SimPE to export them out of game and into Bodyshop, you'll find an non altered sim sitting there.
They keep their new face modifications IN game though. You just cannot export them without loosing the new face templates.

Seeing this in my game, I tested all 7 of them in my vanilla game.
I tested the same 2 NPC's that I tried on in my usual game, the pizza delivery person & the paper girl.
Same result, once in BS, they revert to their original face.
I also tried with a sim created in CAS, as I am saying, I re created the same situations as in my usual game.
Again, same result, no changes were saved.
Only CC in the Downloads folder, else than those 7 folders, was Christianlov_PlugIn_Closet_GussyUp.package,
and of course CEP file, needed for SimPE to work properly. _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package

Now that I know it is not mods/hacks related, I will contact the creator of those wonderful face templates.
It is a shame as it is my favorite set so far.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 5:36 PM
Are you sure that's because of the face templates? Meaning, do changes made with plastic surgery normally stick when exporting? I know plastic surgery doesn't edit genetics, but I don't know which part SimPE actually exports, so maybe that can explain it?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 11:55 AM
In case anyone is Still Interested, ALL the Preview Images for these Non-Default Face Templates are here:
https://s1223.photobucket.com/user/...%20Faces?page=1

Also @ Rosebine: I believe you'd have to Update the DNA of the 'sim' who went through Plastic Surgery BEFORE exporting in order to NOT Lost their 'new' Look.

Here's HOW to Update DNA, AFTER Plastic Surgery - this will also make the Sim's new Look 'geneticized' - meaning they WILL pass new features along to Offspring.

http://modthesims.info/t/494394

These are WONDERFUL Templates IMO and work very well with multiple Sliders; Hope this Helps!

"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
Theorist
#14 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 4:05 PM
Wow! This is kind of an old thread. The link is to a page with photobucket images where that lousy watermark all but covers the face on the left-hand side (I've seen more Sim content images ruined with that mark than I can count). Then I finally find a link to the album on photobucket and start looking through it and a bunch of these faces are just purt near identical, and what's more a lot of them aren't good representations of the races they're supposed to be. See, I love faces and I study them. These are disappointing and I would not want them in my Sims game.
Theorist
#15 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 6:32 PM
Ha! Those are some of the additional face templates I use in my game. They are not "nearly identical" but I agree that they still aren't especially good with portraying non-caucasian characters. One or two of the "Asian" templates work well, and maybe another two of the "African" ones, but the rest look like Caucasians.

Which actually makes me think...does anybody know of good (preferably non-default) templates that offer useful bases for Asian and African faces?

Though I always thought that Sims 2 isn't very good at portraying non-Caucasian features, no matter what template you use.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Theorist
#16 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 7:49 PM
I said "some" are purt near identical. I see a difference between the faces for the different skin tones, like the darker skinned ones have different features but from the screenshots the ones of the same skin colors look very similar. And I agree, it would be wonderful to see some good non-caucasion templates but that would probably involve me making them because usually that's how things go and I don't know if I'm up to that. Has that ever been suggested in the "Hacks and CC you'd like to see" thread?
Theorist
#17 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
I said "some" are purt near identical. I see a difference between the faces for the different skin tones, like the darker skinned ones have different features but from the screenshots the ones of the same skin colors look very similar. And I agree, it would be wonderful to see some good non-caucasion templates but that would probably involve me making them because usually that's how things go and I don't know if I'm up to that. Has that ever been suggested in the "Hacks and CC you'd like to see" thread?

I sadly wouldn't know either how to do it, and I'm not even sure whether it's even possible. You see how both these templates and the basegame templates very much struggle to model "flat" noses (I hope that's the right term?), for example and my own attempts at it, didn't turn out any better (though I'm not good at sculpting faces in Sims 2 in general)
Though maybe it's possible with some of those custom sliders that are around, I haven't tried them yet.

That's one of those things were I gotta say, as bad as Sims 4 is, at least it's a lot easier to create diverse Sims in CAS there.

Undead Molten Llama
#18 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 11:27 PM
I thought about getting that set, once upon a time, but if I did, I think I'd probably only keep one or two templates from each "group" because there's not a whole lot of difference between the shapes/features within the group. I mean, if they all had the same hair/eye color and skintone, I'd be pretty hard-pressed to tell a lot of them apart. Which isn't surprising because, on the whole, there isn't a lot of variation between real people who live in close-together real-world geographical locations -- like between, say, a Swedish person and a German person -- and there's getting to be even less as time goes on, as people migrate and as groups become more and more OK with interbreeding and, as a result, facial features homogenize.

That said, I'm kind of on a TS2 hiatus at the moment for various reasons, but when I go back to playing it, I'm thinking I might do a new Downloads folder with a CC overhaul and get rid of a lot of stuff (like maybe streamline to eight geneticized skintones instead of the 50-some I have now. ) and maybe get some new stuff, and then create a new neighborhood to play with the revamped CC set-up to see how everything looks. Maybe I'll add in a few of these face templates, so thanks to whoever it was that necro'ed this thread so that I'm reminded of their existence. (Not all threadcromancy is bad, I guess. )

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miska
I believe you'd have to Update the DNA of the 'sim' who went through Plastic Surgery BEFORE exporting in order to NOT Lost their 'new' Look.

Here's HOW to Update DNA, AFTER Plastic Surgery - this will also make the Sim's new Look 'geneticized' - meaning they WILL pass new features along to Offspring.

http://modthesims.info/t/494394

Use the DNA Fixer and instructions linked in my signature - so much quicker and easier!
Theorist
#20 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
I've never had a problem creating diverse sims in game - and with the new sliders, it's easier than ever to create flat noses and decent looking slanted eyes. Maybe I'm just especially talented or something, lol but I can make great realistic diverse sims even out of the maxis templates... I like to do sim sugery on the noses in particular to make them look right. It probably just needs practice.

It does take a knack to make unique-looking Sims. My sister used to make a lot of them and she's good at it. She's also really good with sculpting by hand so she's definitely got something going for her that a lot of us don't have.
Undead Molten Llama
#21 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 8:25 PM
I suck at making Sims. I occasionally get anonymous-message attempts to insult me on Tumblr saying how ugly and/or "basic" (whatever that means) my Sims are, and I just laugh and laugh and laugh. Because...Yeah, I agree! And I don't care! I dunno, I just don't have the patience to screw around with sliders. It's not my thing. So! The game makes all my Sims! I just default and townify everything so that it has lots of relatively nice-looking stuff to "choose" from to make them. So, for me, lots of face templates are a good thing, yes, but I also don't want them to be so similar as to make it pretty much impossible to tell them apart and, like I said, a lot of the ones in the "subgroups" of this set are pretty indistinguishable from one another because they're based on real human variation. That variation is shrinking with each passing generation, as societies in general become less isolated, less xenophobic localized attempts to drag us back to the Dark Ages notwithstanding , and less segregated from one another.

Anyway, we all have our niches. I enjoy 1) building stuff, 2) retexturing objects to use in the things I build, and 3) coming up with bizarrely complex rulesets for playing different scenarios in the game. So, I stick to those things. I'll leave Sim-making to those who actually like doing it.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Theorist
#22 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 10:59 PM
Oh I can sculpt by hand, that's why I liek the pushing and pulling in the SIms 4 faces, but with those sliders I somehow just can't get much done. If there was ever a remaster of SIms 2 I'd wish for the push/pull method to sculpt faces to be implemented (at least as an option) Maybe I should install some custom sliders...

Theorist
#23 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 4:15 AM
I honestly don't know how she did it but she used to take requests for people's self-sims and did a fine job of them. I don't mind at all messing around with trying to create Sims but honestly I'm much more inclined to download a dozen or two Sims I really like the looks of then use them and reuse them to death.

I remember in the past people who were generally most critical of others' attempts were the ones whose Sims always had tiny noses and big lips with the mouths that curled up at the corners. *shudders*
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Use the DNA Fixer and instructions linked in my signature - so much quicker and easier!

Thank You RoxEllen! I'll be sure to have a look.

"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
Mad Poster
#25 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 12:02 PM
If my signature doesn't show up in my posts, you can always click on my user name instead and see the signature on my profile page.
Page 1 of 2