Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 3:36 PM
Will EA ever re-release Sims 2?
The Sims 2 is not exactly a new game - it's been around since 2004 (almost 15 years!). As we all know, Win10 plus newer computers (especially graphics cards) have proven to be a terrible combination to play our favourite game. A lot of simmers who've upgraded are now unable to play due to constant crashing and pink flashing issues that don't disappear even after applying the patch or trying other fixes.

I am one of those unfortunate simmers now. I am even considering buying another machine, just to play TS2 (I know it's crazy, right?). However, parts compatible with Win7 (especially motherboards) are not going to be around forever, which means that someday the game is going to become unplayable.

The question is: Will EA ever re-release Sims 2 and make it compatible with newer computers?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 4:42 PM
Some windows systems play the game just fine.

I read that Aspir is redoing something for the sims 2 on Mac. I guess that's an option if worst comes to worst. But mac doesn't have apartments or M&G.

As for your question, no. I'd like to think they would, just for nostalgia's sake. But, as Icad is right in reminding us;, EA is a business. They won't go backwards. It doesn't matter that sims 2 is the most complete game, obviously more designed for sandbox play. Marketability is all that matters.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#3 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 5:12 PM
Companies have re-released things before, but probably not. And on the slim chance that they did, a bunch of mods would be incompatible.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 5:18 PM
I haven't been able to fix the game. I've tried everything tbh. I don't know if there's hope.

Yeah, it's clear how EA are. However, I sometimes have hopes that:

a) They might re-release it to commemorate its 15th birthday, for example (who knows?). The code promotion makes me think that they haven't forgotten TS2, it is on Origin now, after all.
b) Someone from the community might be able to fix the game. Like they did with FreeSO, EA allowed it and now people are able to play The Sims Online.
c) Simmers will unite and persuade EA to do something (I know that there's a petition, but there's not a lot of signatures yet). There have been cases when gamers were able to influence companies.

Would you buy it if it was guaranteed to run smoothly? I know I would.

P.S. What I meant by re-release is just making the game compatible with newer systems and hardware. No changes to the game itself.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 5:47 PM
I don't want a sequel though. The game is good as it is. It just needs to be made compatible with newer Windows and hardware. W10 and newer graphics cards don't seem to work with the game, sadly. I'll keep trying

I'd be just great to install and play, without all those 4gig patches and fiddling about. Even if I had to pay for the game again essentially.
Theorist
#6 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 5:53 PM
I'd love an updated re-release, but EA doesn't seem too interested in Sims 2 or Sims 1 anymore.

If they don't feel like releasing Sims 1 then the chances seem slim for Sims 2 as well.

What we can hope for in the future that it gets released on Good Old Games at some point and that somebody will develop a compatibility program for games from the Sims 2 era to run on future machines.

I think they don't release it, and have stopped the UC giveaway precisely because they don't want to go through the process of making it more compatible with newer hardware. They probably think it would be too much effort for too little gain.
It sucks, especially because there's games on Origin that are much older than Sims 2 or 1, but right now that's the way it is.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#7 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aileena

I am one of those unfortunate simmers now. I am even considering buying another machine, just to play TS2 (I know it's crazy, right?). However, parts compatible with Win7 (especially motherboards) are not going to be around forever, which means that someday the game is going to become unplayable.

The game (every Sims game in that matter) plays fine under modern Linux installations designed for desktop-end-users (Manjaro, MX, Mint, *buntu, to name a most newbie-friendly; take your pick). The hardware does not matters as long as it has support on the platform.

Quote: Originally posted by Aileena

The question is: Will EA ever re-release Sims 2 and make it compatible with newer computers?

maybe in form of another giveaway in Origin (to attract some people there), like it was before (UC); they did it with other games too (Jade Empire, for example).
Though - logically it should be Sims 3 turn - but that game is still normally selling, unlike S2. If you think about re-release, kinda "Sims 2 Special Edition", forget it.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 6:02 PM
We can only hope, I guess. It's just sad to think that one day people might not be able to play the game. I guess now it's not such a big deal for the community, because a lot of people are still using Win7. But one day that might change.
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 6:06 PM
Doubtful. EA's made it pretty clear that they're done with TS2 and no longer wish to support it. And in order to assure functioning on newer systems, the game would almost certainly have to be 64-bit rather than 32-bit. As I understand it, that's a sort of "ground-level" change that would basically mean rebuilding the game. Since PC gaming is dying in general (in favor of more mobile stuff that people can play on tablets and phones that they can nickel-and-dime their customers on with microtransactions), that would be an awful lot of effort for what amounts to a niche market.

If you want to keep playing TS2 into the future, yes, I do actually recommend buying a machine just for it. There is nothing crazy about it and, in fact, is probably going to be necessary quite soon. IMO, your best bet (if you're not particularly computer-savvy and/or don't know anyone who is and you can't just buy components and put something together from scratch yourself) is to find an older, used-refurbished machine that you can use just for TS2, one with, preferably Win7 and a not-too-flashy processor, one as much like mid-2000s-era ones that you can find. Newegg sells lots of older, refurb machines. That's where I got my current Simming computer, about 2 years ago. (I'm not sure if Newegg sells and ships outside of North America, but I'm sure there are similar sources in other parts of the world.) It came with basic components, integrated graphics (that actually would've been fine for TS2, but I wanted dedicated texture memory to avoid pink flashing), and cost ~$100. And then you do some simple relatively inexpensive upgrades, like adding RAM and a better video card, if necessary. The upgrades to my refurb cost about another $150, 95% of which was the video card. Then, if/when your finances allow, start a stockpile of parts to keep on hand for when something breaks. This is how I have a machine that runs TS2 flawlessly and TS3 adequately for about $250.

New, prebuilt machines aren't going to be compatible with TS2 or other older games for much longer, and it's extremely unlikely that EA will remake TS2 to make it compatible. So, if TS2 (and other older games) are important to you and you want to keep playing them, something like this is going to be your only option sooner rather than later. I'd get the older hardware while you still can, if you have the means to do so.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 6:24 PM
I do wish they could update TS2 to 64-bit (maybe also TS3 while they were at it), and add proper support for newer graphic cards and Windows versions. If they did that, I'd be perfectly happy.

Would you mind listing your system specs that works for TS2, iCad? Could help if people want to make a similar setup.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 6:29 PM
Appreciate the tip on NewEgg, iCad. I have even ordered simple things from them before, but it never occurred to me to use them *because* they offer all those older systems and components! But you're right, that's just what we need for TS2 now.

On our way to becoming happy anachronisms, we are...

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 6:41 PM
EA doesn't give a shit about TS2. It's up to the fan community to keep the game alive and figure out ways to make it work with Microsoft's newest Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space. The only way EA will care about it is if they can use the nostalgia from it for gain. (StrangerVille, UC promotion)

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Undead Molten Llama
#13 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 7:16 PM Last edited by iCad : 17th Jul 2019 at 7:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I do wish they could update TS2 to 64-bit (maybe also TS3 while they were at it), and add proper support for newer graphic cards and Windows versions. If they did that, I'd be perfectly happy.

Would you mind listing your system specs that works for TS2, iCad? Could help if people want to make a similar setup.

This machine on Newegg is pretty close to the one I bought 2 years ago and am currently using. (With no issues, I might add; there's no reason to be afraid of refurbs from a reputable source that offers warranties and returns and such.) Mine is an HP machine, might even be the same model, I'm not sure, only mine came with only 4GB of RAM (Which I upgraded to its max of 8GB -- luckily, it uses the same RAM as my previous Simming computer, so that upgrade cost me nothing. ) and a 500GB HDD, so mine cost less. That's the exact processor I have, though -- which came out in late 2008, if I'm remembering right from the research I did at the time, so it was higher-end at the end of TS2's production and the beginning of TS3's -- and mine also came with 64-bit Win7 Pro. Looks like Newegg is still selling a few machines with Core2Duo processors, actually, and many with 64-bit Win7 Pro. (Get it while you can! You want the 64-bit version so that you can do the 4GB patch for TS2.) Looks like most are going to be i3s and i5s now, though. They still have a lot of different machines for under ~$150, some less than $100, even.

In any case, I'm thinking that the main problems that people are having with the game now are caused by Win10 and the game not understanding that OS at all. So I'm thinking that the most important thing is going to be operating system (and drivers) rather than hardware. I just tend to like to match hardware to game to the extent possible because that's obviously the kind of hardware the game was intended to run on. So, my machine has:

Processor: Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz)
RAM: 8GB DDR3 (It came with 4GB, as I said, which would have been fine for TS2 alone, but I always run other programs while I'm playing, so I always want more RAM. If you're like that, too, I recommend 8GB, minimum, so make sure the machine you pick is at least upgradeable to that if it doesn't come with 8GB or more.)
HDD: It came with a 500GB one. I added the 1TB one I had in my old Simming machine, so it now has 1.5TB, total.
Video Card: 4GB DDR5 NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti (The machine came with integrated graphics which, as I said, likely would run the game just fine, but couldn't handle the large neighborhoods full of high-res stuff that I like. I initially used the 2GB GTX 750 card that was in my previous Simming machine, which worked fine in general, but my larger neighborhoods started to pink-flash pretty quickly when I put in higher-res stuff, so I wanted more on-board dedicated memory. The 1050Ti gave me that and a little more processing power without having to upgrade the power supply as well, which I unfortunately can't do because it has a proprietary-to-HP unit, so I can't put in a standard cube-shaped one. That's pretty much the only complaint I have about this machine. The 1050Ti cost $140 because I managed to catch a good sale on Newegg on the MSI-brand card, which is the video card brand I prefer. I bought three of them at that price so that I could keep a couple in reserve. Note that I do use an older driver for the card. TS2 didn't like the one that came with it. You can get older drivers on NVIDIA's site and/or on the site of the card's manufacturer.)
Optical Drive: DVD-RW, which came with machine. Such a thing may be important to you if you don't want/have the UC.

What I want to get: An SSD, and then load TS2 and TS3 on it. I'll get to it eventually. Between my husband and I, I sometimes think we keep Newegg in business.

EDIT: I prefer desktops for Simming, not laptops. You could do something similar with a laptop, of course, but they are not as easy to upgrade as is a desktop. If you go for a desktop and don't have a monitor, you'll need one, of course, so that will increase your price.

As for Win10: Now, it's kind of a crapshoot. Some people are perfectly fine, some people definitely aren't, and it seems that every time MS updates, some people start to have problems who didn't have them before. So while Win10 may (or may not!) be OK right now, that's probably not going to be the case much longer, which is the point. Win 7, OTOH, is a "known good" OS for TS2, so if you can get it, I recommend it, so long as you don't intend to do other stuff that prefers a newer OS on the machine. I'm not saying you HAVE to have Win7 or that you can't use Win10. It's just that, Win7 is "known good," as I said. And if you're going to "go retro" for the sake of a dedicated machine for a 15-year-old game, you might as well go all the way. Heck, if I had a copy of it somewhere and it wasn't a pain in the ass in terms of hardware and drivers to switch, I'd go all the way back to WinXP for my Simming machine.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 7:47 PM
[QUOTE=iCad]Doubtful. EA's made it pretty clear that they're done with TS2 and no longer wish to support it. And in order to assure functioning on newer systems, the game would almost certainly have to be 64-bit rather than 32-bit. As I understand it, that's a sort of "ground-level" change that would basically mean rebuilding the game. Since PC gaming is dying in general (in favor of more mobile stuff that people can play on tablets and phones that they can nickel-and-dime their customers on with microtransactions), that would be an awful lot of effort for what amounts to a niche market.

Thanks for the tip. I made a stickie and will absolutely be contacting them next month (when my new money comes in). Do you download much, and if so, how do you get the stuff over to the sims computer? I tried to make my old computer a sims only platform, but quickly got tired of using the flashdrive.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 8:06 PM
I've got a not too different setup with a 1070 card, quad core and probably DDR4 RAM, and except for the crashing and pink-flashing, my game has never run or looked better (in a minimal-CC setting, anyway), so I'm reasonably sure it's just Win10 doing a dumb and dumber scenario with that stupid update that ruined 32-bit gaming (why can't they just fix that particular update? It's been around for at least 2 years, so they must have found the fault by now). I went through and turned off most of the resource-hungry Win10 functions, tinkered a bit with the virtual memory and a few other settings, and it may have had an effect. I've been considering to set up a partition with Win7 and no internet if I can't get things to work, though.
Undead Molten Llama
#16 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Thanks for the tip. I made a stickie and will absolutely be contacting them next month (when my new money comes in). Do you download much, and if so, how do you get the stuff over to the sims computer? I tried to make my old computer a sims only platform, but quickly got tired of using the flashdrive.

I don't download a lot for TS2 anymore, no. Mostly just new mods (and occasionally hood deco) that come out or if I start a new kind of neighborhood for which I need a specific kind of CC that I don't already have. Other than that, I have all the clothes, hair, objects, etc. that I want/need. (I've lately been downloading a ton of crap for TS3, though! ) But, my Simming machine is connected to the internet and to our home network, so I can download whatever I want as well as access the server where we keep all the movies and TV shows and music and stuff like that. I can also post to my Tumblr, including uploading CC I've made. I just don't run any software that doesn't like the older hardware or that won't run well with it. (Like my CAD program, for instance, which I used to keep on my Simming machine, too, but its newer versions run very slowly on 8GB of RAM and the older processor, especially when creating a render. So, I moved that off to another machine.) I have automatic Windows updates turned off, though, as well as not allowing NVIDIA's Gaming Experience (or whatever it is) utility to update the video driver. Unfortunately, you can't turn off updating for Win10, as I understand it. But overall, you don't have to have a no-internet machine for a dedicated Simming machine, though it can be, if you want and if you're willing to juggle flash drives or whatever if you want to download CC.

Field Researcher
#17 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
This machine on Newegg is pretty close to the one I bought 2 years ago and am currently using. (With no issues, I might add; there's no reason to be afraid of refurbs from a reputable source that offers warranties and returns and such.) Mine is an HP machine, might even be the same model, I'm not sure, only mine came with only 4GB of RAM (Which I upgraded to its max of 8GB -- luckily, it uses the same RAM as my previous Simming computer, so that upgrade cost me nothing. ) and a 500GB HDD, so mine cost less. That's the exact processor I have, though -- which came out in late 2008, if I'm remembering right from the research I did at the time, so it was higher-end at the end of TS2's production and the beginning of TS3's -- and mine also came with 64-bit Win7 Pro. Looks like Newegg is still selling a few machines with Core2Duo processors, actually, and many with 64-bit Win7 Pro. (Get it while you can! You want the 64-bit version so that you can do the 4GB patch for TS2.) Looks like most are going to be i3s and i5s now, though. They still have a lot of different machines for under ~$150, some less than $100, even.

In any case, I'm thinking that the main problems that people are having with the game now are caused by Win10 and the game not understanding that OS at all. So I'm thinking that the most important thing is going to be operating system (and drivers) rather than hardware. I just tend to like to match hardware to game to the extent possible because that's obviously the kind of hardware the game was intended to run on. So, my machine has:

Processor: Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz)
RAM: 8GB DDR3 (It came with 4GB, as I said, which would have been fine for TS2 alone, but I always run other programs while I'm playing, so I always want more RAM. If you're like that, too, I recommend 8GB, minimum, so make sure the machine you pick is at least upgradeable to that if it doesn't come with 8GB or more.)
HDD: It came with a 500GB one. I added the 1TB one I had in my old Simming machine, so it now has 1.5TB, total.
Video Card: 4GB DDR5 NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti (The machine came with integrated graphics which, as I said, likely would run the game just fine, but couldn't handle the large neighborhoods full of high-res stuff that I like. I initially used the 2GB GTX 750 card that was in my previous Simming machine, which worked fine in general, but my larger neighborhoods started to pink-flash pretty quickly when I put in higher-res stuff, so I wanted more on-board dedicated memory. The 1050Ti gave me that and a little more processing power without having to upgrade the power supply as well, which I unfortunately can't do because it has a proprietary-to-HP unit, so I can't put in a standard cube-shaped one. That's pretty much the only complaint I have about this machine. The 1050Ti cost $140 because I managed to catch a good sale on Newegg on the MSI-brand card, which is the video card brand I prefer. I bought three of them at that price so that I could keep a couple in reserve. Note that I do use an older driver for the card. TS2 didn't like the one that came with it. You can get older drivers on NVIDIA's site and/or on the site of the card's manufacturer.)
Optical Drive: DVD-RW, which came with machine. Such a thing may be important to you if you don't want/have the UC.

What I want to get: An SSD, and then load TS2 and TS3 on it. I'll get to it eventually. Between my husband and I, I sometimes think we keep Newegg in business.

EDIT: I prefer desktops for Simming, not laptops. You could do something similar with a laptop, of course, but they are not as easy to upgrade as is a desktop. If you go for a desktop and don't have a monitor, you'll need one, of course, so that will increase your price.

As for Win10: Now, it's kind of a crapshoot. Some people are perfectly fine, some people definitely aren't, and it seems that every time MS updates, some people start to have problems who didn't have them before. So while Win10 may (or may not!) be OK right now, that's probably not going to be the case much longer, which is the point. Win 7, OTOH, is a "known good" OS for TS2, so if you can get it, I recommend it, so long as you don't intend to do other stuff that prefers a newer OS on the machine. I'm not saying you HAVE to have Win7 or that you can't use Win10. It's just that, Win7 is "known good," as I said. And if you're going to "go retro" for the sake of a dedicated machine for a 15-year-old game, you might as well go all the way. Heck, if I had a copy of it somewhere and it wasn't a pain in the ass in terms of hardware and drivers to switch, I'd go all the way back to WinXP for my Simming machine.

Yeah I am planning to get an 2008 gaming rig or something and use XP on it since is the OS Sims 2 runs smoother imo
Undead Molten Llama
#18 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GabyPurpleB
Yeah I am planning to get an 2008 gaming rig or something and use XP on it since is the OS Sims 2 runs smoother imo

Just be aware that it's difficult to find hardware/drivers these days that are still compatible with WinXP. Many video card drivers (and motherboard drivers, for that matter!), for instance, are only compatible with Win7 or newer. Now, if you can manage to find a (likely used) mid-2000s-era video card that'll work with your machine's motherboard and that comes with an XP-compatible driver, then you'll probably be OK...but you're also not likely to get the kind of graphics/performance out of such a card that most players want these days. So, while an XP machine is a nice idea in general, and TS2 would love it, I'm not sure it's the best choice practically speaking. It depends on what you want, really. As it is, since Microsoft is ending support of Win7 at the beginning of next year, it will soon start to become more difficult to find components/drivers that are compatible with it. That's why I recommend building a stockpile now, if you can, while you can still easily find compatible stuff.

ETA, because I missed this on my scan-through:

Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
Appreciate the tip on NewEgg, iCad. I have even ordered simple things from them before, but it never occurred to me to use them *because* they offer all those older systems and components! But you're right, that's just what we need for TS2 now.

On our way to becoming happy anachronisms, we are...

On our way? Hell, I've been an anachronism for decades. I dress like an escapee from Woodstock. I was boho loooooooooooong before boho was cool.

But yes, Newegg is awesome. New stuff, old stuff, even non-computer stuff, it's total Nerdvana! I recommend signing up for email notifications. Yeah, it means you get a daily email from them, but! They often have great flash sales only available to people who get emails from them, some that only last a couple of hours. Sometimes even on refurb stuff. My husband recently got some components for one of his machines for half of what they'd have cost if he hadn't caught the flash sale. So, the "spam" is worth it, IMO, if you frequently buy the kind of stuff that Newegg sells.

Mad Poster
#19 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 9:37 PM
Well, since my game works perfectly on Windows 10 (the UC) right now, I will worry about not being able to play when it actually happens.

First, I hope my pc will last a long time, and that I can keep playing for a long time on it.

Secondly, I have some ideas (disks still around, an older laptop still around with a decent graphics card - so I may be able to gain some extra time until that laptop goes).

And then, if this game cannot be played any longer, there will be life after sims 2 as well. After all, I have been a widow for 14 years, and life has a way to carry on.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 11:03 PM
Success is TS2's biggest enemy, and the number 1 reason why it won't be updated or re-released. TS2 is, hands down, the most prolific entrant in the Sims Franchise. Had they kept releasing EPs and SPs, it'd still be going strong today. TS3's greatest competition was TS2's playability. It harmed sales of the new game, because it's vastly superior in so many ways. EA likely won't be able to squeeze much money out of re-releasing or updating TS2... not even close to the money they can squeeze out of a new game /engine -- with common-practice features like microtransactions mentioned above. They sorta got into that, with the SPs, but I digress. Releasing a better game that had flooded the market, but won't attract too many new players will be the strongest competition for a release of a brand new installment in the Sims genre, and that, dear friends, is why EA will NEVER resurrect it. They've already proven they can't top it. ...but they CAN kill it.

-grinEvilly
>=)
Mad Poster
#21 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 11:15 PM
You know, I actually still have a windows 7 computer. It took a tumble and died. I think I'm gonna dust that puppy off and take it to the computer store here. See whether they can resurrect it. thanks, Icad, for the idea. If that doesn't work, I'll buy one from the place you suggested. I might even do it, anyway just to have an extra.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 11:22 PM
@terula8 As I said above, I've tried everything (Yes, 4gig patch too. And other possible solutions). When it comes to the hardware, my new computer is really good. I've got RTX2080ti and 32GB of RAM. This is not really the issue.
A lot of people also say that 'fresh' W10 is worse for the Sims than W7 to W10 upgrade. Somehow. I am not sure if it's true though. At this point I'd agree that it might be anything. There is one last thing I could possibly try before buying another machine.
Instructor
#23 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 12:26 AM
I have a brand new computer with Win 10 and had no real problem installing all EPs/SPs and playing. Had a backup (a couple months old but fine with starting a new pre made hood.) As I understood Sims4 didn't do as well as they expected. 5 won't either if they don't get why people like 2 better - easier to mod, etc. Also, people not wanting Origin doesn't help.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 12:29 AM
You're so lucky @MattGo74. I am really happy to hear that at least someone can play it. What are your specs? I guess you applied the patch, etc?
Theorist
#25 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 12:40 AM
XP? I wouldn't, not when Win7 runs it perfectly. I only had to fix the graphics. At first when I installed on this computer I set it up with the same saves and CC I had on my old XP machine. On that computer it took generally three to five minutes to load (I didn't have tons of CC). On this one it loaded in about thirty seconds. I've since added the final expansion pack and a bunch more CC and now it still loads in under two minutes. And it runs like melted butter being poured on popcorn.
Page 1 of 8