Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#33401 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 9:34 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 24th Mar 2024 at 10:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
What does "ring up these customers" on a cash register accomplish? I don't understand the language. Do we ring a bell to call them (they are already in a q) or ring a bell to drive them away? It seems that you briefly enter the cashier's interaction and are kicked out for not being on the jobs controller.

It appears when there's customers actively waiting at the cash register.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#33402 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corax
I wondered the same thing a while ago and this reply really helped me:

Object Workshop is really the easiest to me. You can just extract the texture from the item you cloned and delete the clone.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Yes, they can bring flu home from work! I'm not sure what triggers that. It only seems to happen to me if I already have a plague going, but it's hard for me to believe that, as conscientious as you are, you ever allow a plague to happen.

I read somewhere that there's always a 1% chance to bring flu home from work or school.
Instructor
#33403 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corax
I wondered the same thing a while ago and this reply really helped me:

This is immensely helpful. I was wondering where each individual type of file was, so thank you for pointing me to this! :D

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Inventor
#33404 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
It appears when there's customers actively waiting at the cash register.

I think I undersand it. It means "be cashier as long as there are people in the queue" (don't wait for more). The job role doesn't change to cashier. I've never used it a single time, except as an indicator that customers are approaching. Ring up phrasal verb.
Instructor
#33405 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Object Workshop is really the easiest to me. You can just extract the texture from the item you cloned and delete the clone.

I agree, the Object Workshop is very convenient for when you know which texture you want.
But what I wanted to do at the time was to scroll through all the EAxis textures in order to get some inspiration for recolouring. And for that just clicking through the LIFO files one by one was faster than making a clone for every single object. Especially because it also gave me easy access to Maxis Lost & Found textures like this one:
https://modthesims.info/d/161883/ma...s-from-cas.html
Mad Poster
#33406 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 5:19 PM
If you know what you're looking for, and roughly the name of the items, you can also use the Finder + NameMap search to locate textures, meshes, and so on. Useful if you want the LIFO files for multiple things, or can't find an item easily in Object Workshop.
Instructor
#33407 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 5:34 PM
While rummaging through game files like the geek I am, I found an "EpisodeDefinitions.txt" in The Sims 2/TSData/Res/Tutorial. I'm assuming that's the information the game needs for the tutorial mode to work?
In the text it says: "RewardObjectGUID - guid of the object that will be offered as a reward for completing the episode"
Was there a planned reward object for you completing the tutorial?

Scholar
#33408 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 7:13 PM
Would everybody in a house going to college (in other words, a teen-only household) cause the household to be considered as selling their house and having the value in their household when moving in?

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Inventor
#33409 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 7:57 PM
You have 1337 pages. Gz.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33410 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
You have 1337 pages. Gz.

k3w1
Alchemist
#33411 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ThoughtfulUnknownSandwich
So, I'm having a bit of an issue in one of my university dorms
For some reason the cook refuses to do her job properly, instead of making multiple single meals she'll make one group meal, take a portion and sit down to eat, and repeat. Of course she doesn't clean up dirty dishes either. This is one of the few times where I had to hire a maid in a dorm because my sim just couldn't handle the mess by herself. I don't know if the issue is caused by the kitchen layout, but I've used this dorm in the past already and don't recall having this issue. I need a fix asap because this situation is unlivable

I think it will be the island counters - the cook usually wants to serve to an island,, but only from one side. With that central square of islands, the cook can't reach the right area, so they won't serve properly.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Mad Poster
#33412 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Would everybody in a house going to college (in other words, a teen-only household) cause the household to be considered as selling their house and having the value in their household when moving in?

Teens start college with whatever scholarship money they've earned, it doesn't matter if they were the last sim to leave their house.
Mad Poster
#33413 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 3:14 AM
What happens if you stock a fridge on an owned community lot?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#33414 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 3:17 AM
I'm not sure if you can do that - owned community lot fridges work differently in that they never run out of food and instead charge the owner money every time someone takes something out of them.
Mad Poster
#33415 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 3:36 AM
If I have custom stockable foods in my Sim's inventory, the option appears.

Mad Poster
#33416 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
If I have custom stockable foods in my Sim's inventory, the option appears.

Probably not configured to exclude fridges in businesses. You'd probably lose them if you stocked them. But can always try and not save.
Instructor
#33417 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 11:30 AM
Is there a fixed count of how many custom neighbourhoods you can have? I literally have 4 and with some subhoods.

Mad Poster
#33418 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 3:10 PM
I don't think so. There are 3 digits in the neighbourhood number, after all. Some of the downloadable custom ones are configured to be N515 etc so they don't accidentally overwrite a player's current hoods and cause havoc.

I think the most I've had is about 10 but I'm sure you can have more.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#33419 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 3:45 PM
I'd imagine that you'd run out of number of neighbourhoods that you can actually get round to playing before you hit a neighbourhood limit hehe.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33420 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I don't think so. There are 3 digits in the neighbourhood number

It's four alphanumeric characters- you can rename the neighbourhood files to any combination, for example 1234 or zzzz.
Theorist
#33421 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It's four alphanumeric characters
And that's just for the sake of compatibility with various tools! You can in fact name them however you'd like – take a look at a neighborhood named Tutorial, for example.
Mad Poster
#33422 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 11:07 PM
How would you like these two children to turn up for your wedding?

I've been looking for formal outfits with shorts for boys. After all I almost always wore shorts before I was about twelve. Most British boys did in the fifties and early sixties. I couldn't find any suitable all-in-one outfits, so I started looking at separates. I downloaded fakepeeps7's "Playground Hazard" shirts with ties and paired them with shorts from Simphany.com that I already had in my game. I made both available for Formal wear. That worked quite well for the boys. (It's really a child's version of Andrew's preferred "semi-formal" outfit for school and church.) But the Simphany.com shorts are for both sexes, and I didn't have any separate Formal tops for girls. This meant that some girls weren't getting Formal wear at all -- the game gave them the shorts, but didn't any tops to give them. So I've decided to enable at least the plainer version of those shirts for girls for Formal, and I've also made Formal-enabled versions of a couple of Maxis girls' tops. I think these kids look quite good in these outfits -- quite smart enough for a wedding IMAO. My sister used to wear a school tie, much the same as the one I wore, apart from being in her school colours. She also wore a shirt, but she called it a blouse, and it buttoned up the other way.

That girl's hair is something else. It's called skysims246, and I've had it in my game since forever and a day. It's too flamboyant for most of my Sims, but this one seems to like it!
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#33423 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It's four alphanumeric characters- you can rename the neighbourhood files to any combination, for example 1234 or zzzz.

I didn't know that - but I meant in terms of when the game would start reusing numbers, I'd guess the limit for that is 1000, then it would try to create N001 again and cause a mess.

No, I don't care enough to test it

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#33424 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 2:34 AM
Two stupid questions: When a roommate moves into an apartment does he pay rent?
What happens if a sim doesn't pay rent? Better yet, what if he owes rent but moves out?
And another thing... in college what if no one pays rent in a dorm?Seems dumb to pay rent anyway, students should have to pay tuition and other costs! But while going to college they actually make money if they get good grades...if ONLY!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#33425 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
If I were to take a typical furnished apartment lot, swap the apartment doors for hotel doors, and add a hotel check-in desk, will Sims (playable and NPC) still be able to use everything in the apartments-turned-hotel-rooms? In particular, can they still use a full kitchen if it's part of a hotel room?

I can't speak to full kitchen because I've never tried a stove and dishwasher, but I do have hotel rooms with fridges, microwaves, and grills, and the playables can use the kitchen to prepare meals in their hotel room.
Page 1337 of 1347