Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2023 at 1:32 AM Last edited by LazyKatie : 12th Aug 2023 at 4:17 AM.
Default Misinformation in the site guidelines
I was going through the site guidelines for uploading custom neighborhoods and I happened to noticed this bit, attached below, claiming that deleting the default Maxis families installed by the hidden subhoods from the sim bin corrupts the neighborhood, and I'm surprised to see misinformation like this still being touted in the OFFICIAL RULES of a well-known site like Mod the Sims even as it's becoming increasingly common knowledge that this doesn't actually corrupt the game. Like the Sims wiki's whole guide on avoiding corruption has been updated to clarify that this doesn't corrupt the game and April Black made a whole video seen here on how doing this doesn't cause hood corruption and what actually causes hood corruption in the Sims 2. Shouldn't this be updated, and honestly the entire guideline of having to use an empty template for custom neighborhoods uploaded to the site be removed seeing as the whole basis for it being a guideline seems to be based on misinformation?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 11th Aug 2023 at 11:48 AM
Hi there,

Thanks for the message. The information in the guidelines was based on many years of research and reports from players over the decades since the Sims 2 came out. April Black's video is only 7 months old and this is the first time anybody has point this out to us, so thank you very much for bringing it to our attention.

We've discussed this internally, and we'll adjust the guidelines to remove the parts about corruption. We'd still like people to start with empty templates, so worlds only contain the playable sims the creator wants, but we can understand that generating a world with perhaps hundreds of townies isn't too bad of an issue. So we'll look at removing that too.

Thanks

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Aug 2023 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
this is the first time anybody has point this out to us,

Hey Tash don't you read all my posts? I (and several other loyal members) have been saying this for years. I thought you read every word I wrote? Right?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Aug 2023 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Hi there,

Thanks for the message. The information in the guidelines was based on many years of research and reports from players over the decades since the Sims 2 came out. April Black's video is only 7 months old and this is the first time anybody has point this out to us, so thank you very much for bringing it to our attention.

We've discussed this internally, and we'll adjust the guidelines to remove the parts about corruption. We'd still like people to start with empty templates, so worlds only contain the playable sims the creator wants, but we can understand that generating a world with perhaps hundreds of townies isn't too bad of an issue. So we'll look at removing that too.

Thanks

All right cool. Honestly I don't care so much if the rule gets changed or not, though I would lean towards thinking you shouldn't REQUIRE empty hoods as it's not possible for a player building a hood with just what they're given in game to do, as empty templates have to be downloaded externally, but I do get preferring empty hoods bc it CAN be a bit immersion breaking for a custom hood to have the same old pleasantview townies and NPCS like Kaylynn, good ol' Goopy Gil, etc. Really I'm just glad the misinformation has been removed.