Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
#51 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Airazor65
What the---?

Yes, they won't give us cfe, so what is a girl to do?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 2:51 PM
Aging bug is critical man I dont want it to happen to my sims I would rather wait for the official fix TT

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Scholar
#53 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 3:01 PM
If your using mccc 5.2.5 you actually don't need CASAgingFIX from scarlet, I finally patched today, little disappointed the jumpy teleporting sims have never been worse.

Forgot waiting on EA to fix it, they will only introduce more bugs than fix them.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 7:07 PM
So, anyone using custom careers, are they safe to use for this patch or did it break them too?

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#55 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
So, anyone using custom careers, are they safe to use for this patch or did it break them too?

Looking at the Career tab in here, it seems like everything broke
https://simsvip.com/2018/11/13/brok...atch-famous-ep/
Mad Poster
#56 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 7:50 PM
Of course they are. They're the last bit of custom content that I'm waiting on before I update. But I can keep waiting. TS3, here I come

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#57 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
If your using mccc 5.2.5 you actually don't need CASAgingFIX from scarlet, I finally patched today, little disappointed the jumpy teleporting sims have never been worse.

Forgot waiting on EA to fix it, they will only introduce more bugs than fix them.

I noticed that too but I wasn't sure I was just seeing things... Good to know I'm not the only one... and you're right seems like every fix they patch makes something else break... sigh...

Of course they are. They're the last bit of custom content that I'm waiting on before I update. But I can keep waiting. TS3, here I come

Yup... Even with the MCCC update there are things that are still bugging me that they havent fixed... so I've gone back to 3 as well as 2.
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 5:00 PM
I suppose nobody here knows if Buckley CameraMods of MTS are fine with this patch? Or maybe?
Scholar
#59 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
I suppose nobody here knows if Buckley CameraMods of MTS are fine with this patch? Or maybe?

Why supposing? check the download page, it says it was last updated at 1st Jan 2016
Smeg Head
#60 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 5:42 PM
Whelp. Now I got one more reason to hold off on this patch. My sim Santa left presents for almost half the single women in one of my saves, if you know what I mean

Shit, some of 'em weren't even single

Yes, "I'm going to empty my sack when I come down your chimney," I know exactly what you mean. Add a Sid James lecherous laugh at the end to replace the traditional ho, ho, ho, and we've got all the makings of a new Carry On movie.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Why supposing? check the download page, it says it was last updated at 1st Jan 2016

Well, I was hoping someone decent would have let me know if they still use buckleys' camera mods and if they still worked with GF patch. But I guess nobody has used camera mods since 2016 then. I just prefer to get the s4 camera go as low as possible and with minimum bounce.
Forum Resident
#62 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 6:38 PM Last edited by hiabara : 20th Nov 2018 at 7:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Caren Yoon
Aging bug is critical man I dont want it to happen to my sims I would rather wait for the official fix TT
The only info I've seen so far is that they're mostly taking this week off because of Thanksgiving and they're working on the bug fixes as soon as possible. But I guess that means no emergency fix this week? So if you or someone else really want to play for now you might want to consider to use the fix for the aging bug or MCCC

edit: Nevermind me. I was wrong. They actually have an emergency fix coming today. I'm glad to be wrong though
Scholar
#63 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Yes, "I'm going to empty my sack when I come down your chimney," I know exactly what you mean. Add a Sid James lecherous laugh at the end to replace the traditional ho, ho, ho, and we've got all the makings of a new Carry On movie.

I'd actually watch the crap outta that - I loved the Carry On films and Sid was my favourite, lolol (along with Kenneth, of course...)

On topic - still haven't made the plunge to buy GF yet (although LGR made it look/sound quite tempting) and am still waiting to update my game once I think it's totally safe to do so.
So, might be waiting a while...

...Titanium white...
Smeg Head
#64 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
I'd actually watch the crap outta that - I loved the Carry On films and Sid was my favourite, lolol (along with Kenneth, of course...)

Yeah, I'll go off topic again to corroborate. (Sorry.) But you're right. Some of those Carry Ons had genius. Especially with Kenneth Williams as you said. "Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me." Classic. (And quite clever.)

Okay, back on topic. Maxis say they have fixed the children of Father Winter disappearing. Is this confirmed from players after recent hotfix? I do have a small handful of offspring from Santa's sacks being emptied down certain chimneys. Need to know if they will survive once I get to play the game after updating mods. Updating mods blinds me from playing the game for a while.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Instructor
#65 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 10:45 PM
Anyone have problems after the patch with Sims not rolling wants?
I've tried different saves, checked all my mods, done the usual purge and re-add and etc and none of the Sims seem to want anything anymore. Oh the ennui!

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Scholar
#66 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ranissa
Anyone have problems after the patch with Sims not rolling wants?
I've tried different saves, checked all my mods, done the usual purge and re-add and etc and none of the Sims seem to want anything anymore. Oh the ennui!

Whims are turned off by default now. Look in your game options and you'll see a checkbox to turn them on again.
Instructor
#67 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Whims are turned off by default now. Look in your game options and you'll see a checkbox to turn them on again.

Wow, really? So...that's stupid and annoying. And makes me feel stupid. Thanks, though!

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Scholar
#68 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 12:39 AM
Everytime I click New Game, I first have to first deal with the pop-up box ARE YOU NEW TO THE SIMS 4 ? I click NO and I also make sure "Don't ask me again" is also checked.

But it's get ignored, the message will always pop everytime you press the New Game button.

Typical of EA, and don't ever expect any fix.
Scholar
#69 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 4:18 AM
Found a simple fix for my above complant.

Open up options.ini

search or find enableftuetutorialstart

Change from 1 to 0

Now youlonger see that box everytime you boot the game and select New Game
Page 3 of 3