Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 3:28 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 11th Nov 2018 at 4:49 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Freezing "not responding" whilst loading & saving lots
I've read the rules thingy and my issue wasn't in there and the fixes weren't what my issue was so I'm posting here.

Okay, so a day or two ago I installed the 4GB patch since it uninstalled itself, however, I followed someone else's tutorial and that caused me to have to re-download my game because I couldn't get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to launch without the "activation.dll" thing. I re-downloaded the game. This caused me to have to redo my Graphics Rules etc. Everything is sorted except one thing.. My game freezes with the "not responding" circling icon but doesn't crash when loading and saving lots (community & residential lots).

I've had the issue before but I can't remember or find the site I used. It basically made Windows 10 stop The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from freezing (and crashing). It was a setting or something between Windows and TS2UC. Can you tell I can't remember it? It was a great fix though - never had to use it again until now which is why I can't remember it. I don't think it was Compatibility though. Anyway, when I followed that site, my game never froze anymore. It crashed very rarely. Now, since I re-downloaded my game, the issue is back and because I can't remember or find that site, I'm stuck with the freezing "not responding" circling icon. My game doesn't crash with it, it just stops responding for roughly 5 seconds until the lot(s) load. I would love if someone can help me find this site, it helped a lot.

Sorry if it didn't make much sense, I tried to explain as best as possible.

Does this go in WCIF? I don't know, sorry!

Edit: I put the Compatibility to Windows 8 which stopped the freezing not responding issue but as soon as I checked my config-log, the 4GB patch uninstalled itself.. It was applied when I turned Compatibility off. So, I guess I have to deal with freezing not responding. My Sims started to flash pink as soon as I re-entered the game after a crash (I tried to turn reflections off and it crashed my game!)...Great, lol.