Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 5:19 PM Last edited by omglo : 11th Nov 2018 at 6:47 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lot crashes with no CC, runs with it.
I was doing a 50/50 and midway through, I decided to remove all the CC in an experiment and load the lot. One residential lot crashed every time I loaded the game. There was no error message, or pop up saying the game crashed. The game window just disappeared, and the icon disappeared from the task bar. I loaded the same lot with all of the CC, and it loaded up. Does anyone know of a download that would be required to make a lot load?

I used a backup copy of the game for this, so nothing was harmed by removing the NPC mods.

In SimPE, the Sim relations (SREL) for this lot are all - unknown towards unknown. Is this normal?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 7:07 PM
Could it be that one mod or item needed something else to work, and each happened to be in the other 50/50 folder? I've had lots crash for that reason ... two mods not playing nicely. Perhaps it could go the other way around.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 3:47 PM
That might be part of the reason, but what really confused me was when the lot wouldn't load with no CC at all. I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting something like that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 9:42 PM
Occasionally a lot that has cc will crash if you try and load it without any. We had a lot here in the Polgannon hood by maxon http://modthesims.info/d/562803 that crashed during testing when a shrub failed to package. All 3 of us testing could not load the lot until the shrub was found and added back in.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~