Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S4 CAS Tools - updated to V3.8.2.0 on 3/18/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 28th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2023 at 9:22 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

553 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 450 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 23 of 23
Test Subject
#551 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
Sims 4 Studio has a batch fix tool that can accomplish this.
https://sims4studio.com/

Okay, just updated and checked, it looks to be the same batch fixes that I've run previously that do not do the trick entirely. I don't know why but I've dealt with some particularly stubborn occult flags that these batch fixes just never seemed to do the trick until manually removing the flags via CAS Tools (as in, even removing via* the batch fixes, these flags still exist while the item is disabled for the specific occult, and thus still shows up randomly). I honestly responded so fast cos I was excited thinking you meant there was a batch fix for disabling items in CAS as overrides... Ah well!
Test Subject
#552 Old 18th Apr 2024 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zerohasleftchat
Okay, just updated and checked, it looks to be the same batch fixes that I've run previously that do not do the trick entirely. I don't know why but I've dealt with some particularly stubborn occult flags that these batch fixes just never seemed to do the trick until manually removing the flags via CAS Tools (as in, even removing via* the batch fixes, these flags still exist while the item is disabled for the specific occult, and thus still shows up randomly). I honestly responded so fast cos I was excited thinking you meant there was a batch fix for disabling items in CAS as overrides... Ah well!

As someone who does override fixes, no. S4S cannot yet batch this.

I've noticed the occult flags issue but haven't dug into it. I assume there's a difference between the occult flags we see in Studio and the disable for occult flags we see in Warehouse but I can't say for certain yet.

I maybe have no more patience for ModTheSims. You can find me on Patreon, Reddit, CurseForge, and NexusMods with my not-so-solitary BodyHair mod and a handful of guides. I'm also sometimes active in the r/Sims4 Troubleshooting Thread.
Test Subject
#553 Old 18th Apr 2024 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NataliS
Thaaaanks!

You're welcome!

I use it for ExcludeFlags mainly. S4S has a forum post for calculating it but it can get tedious. Thanks to CAS Tools still functioning in a limited capacity, I was able to export a basic CAS item package that I use to generate/verify ExcludeFlags. Had I been an avid CAS Tools user before Goth Galore Kit released, it wouldn't have taken me hours to figure out what was causing the Bug-Eyed glitch with the female hoodie.

Rest in peace, Cmar.

I maybe have no more patience for ModTheSims. You can find me on Patreon, Reddit, CurseForge, and NexusMods with my not-so-solitary BodyHair mod and a handful of guides. I'm also sometimes active in the r/Sims4 Troubleshooting Thread.
Test Subject
#554 Old Yesterday at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by phoenixpaine
As someone who does override fixes, no. S4S cannot yet batch this.

I've noticed the occult flags issue but haven't dug into it. I assume there's a difference between the occult flags we see in Studio and the disable for occult flags we see in Warehouse but I can't say for certain yet.

Appreciate the confirmation. Yeah, I didn't assume S4S could, hence my actual original comment was asking if anyone knew if there was an alternate method to CAS Tools' in general, particularly regarding creating CAS Disabler files. I forget when I first noticed the occult flags issue myself, and only one really weird google rabbit hole one night led to me stumbling across someone sharing their experience with fixing it in CAS Tools. Every couple of weeks I try to repeat the magic on the off chance I find another manner for disabling newer cloned CAS packages, I got spoiled to being able to do that. If I remember from the last time I poked CAS Tools it also lacks the current Alien flag so when you tweak a file with S4S and then go to tweak it with CAS Tools there's some funny shenanigans to work with, but nothing terrible. I only do personal edits to my files so I just sort of take notes on what works for me as I experiment X'D
Page 23 of 23