Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom Contents does not appear despite all the solutions!
Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry, I KNOW this is a newbie's question that has been posted probably a thousand times, but trust me, I would not post a thread if I had not run out of solutions.

So I purchase the Sims 2 again, because i broke one of my old CDs (litteraly in two), and the game I now have (only the Sims 2, not a Deluxe Version or something else) has only one CD. This is what I can find if I click on the Program Files (x86)/EA Games/Sims 2

The game is working just fine with my old add-ons, but I just can't make my Custom Contents to show up. Here is what I did so far and which did not work:
- Enable Custom Content in Game Options
- The Bodyshop Trick (to make the Downloads file appears, therefore I created it myself)
- My Downloads file is right where it should be: Program Files (x86)/EA Games/Sims 2
- My Downloads file does have a capital D
- I made sure my downloads work with my game and add-ons, and I did extracted them with 7-Zip
- My Downloads are not sims or lots, it's not a problem of a Saved Sims file.

When I play the game and click on Options, I can click on the little Asterisk...

but the list of Custom Contents remains empty

I'm wondering if the problem is that the Downloads file should be elsewhere, because as you can see the file Sims 2 is not the same as it was in old versions. I tried to make a search for a Downloads file in the EA file after I did the bodyshop trick but nothing appears. I did not found people with my problem on Internet, so I don't really know what to do.

I also wants to add that I can't make personalized paintings appears either.

Do you know of anyone who had the same problem and how they could have solved it? Do you have any advice or idea of another trick that could be the solution?
I hope it was all quite clear, I am sorry for the faults, English is not my first language. I thanks anyone who can help me with a little advice or solutions! If you need me to rewrite the question because it was unclear please let me know! Have a nice day!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:35 PM
Your custom contents should be under \(User)\Documents\EA Games\(The Sims2)\Downloads. If you're going to install any under your game folder, they should go to (Your Sims2 folder)\(Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins.

**If you installed custom contents under TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins, they may not be treated like custom contents under \(User)\Documents.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 10:07 PM
Quote:
My Downloads file is right where it should be: Program Files (x86)/EA Games/Sims 2

That is not where your downloads go. As LFact said they go in your Sims 2 folder under documents. This is also where you will find your hoods, picture folders and all the other folders associated with your hoods.

Don't use the installer that comes with the game. You need to go download Clean Installer. http://modthesims.info/d/409950 Use this for lots and sims. Some walls and floors might also use this.

Most files will be zipped into a rar file and you simply need to unzip them with something like WinRAR and then place those files into your download folder. Edit: Read again you are using 7zip, that's good. I think once you move your Download folder to the proper place they will all show up.

Do keep things organized, do make labelled folders for all your content, do not simply toss it all in or when you get an issue (when not if is 99% likely) you will have a horrible time finding it.

Sorry I don't know what avec and sans means (I know one is obviously on and one is off but I can't tell by looking since I can only read English) the left one needs to say on and the right one you can turn off.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
<snip> Sorry I don't know what avec and sans means (I know one is obviously on and one is off but I can't tell by looking since I can only read English) the left one needs to say on and the right one you can turn off.

avec - with
sans - without

I believe to show the custom content dialog at startup on a French version of Sims 2, we would want 'avec'.
To not show the custom content dialog at startup, we would want 'sans'.

CC can still be enabled whether that dialog shows at start or not.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 10:34 AM Last edited by Funderberker : 23rd Jan 2018 at 3:35 PM.
Okay Everyone I figured things out!

It's super weird, I did not have any EA Games file in my Documents, that's why I thought it was supposed to be in my Program files. BUT but but, actually when you ran Windows 10 sometimes the installation puts the EA Games automatically in OneDrive! I never used it and I did not think the EA Games file would be in here, therefore I did not search in it.

Thanks for your messages I would not have search anywhere else without them, I don't know if anyone had the same problem but hey, now you know, I feel kind of stupid but at least I am happy stupid so hey problem solved
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Funderberker
Okay Everyone I figured things out!

It's super weird, I did not have any EA Games file in my Documents, that's why I thought it was supposed to be in my Program files. BUT but but, actually when you ran Windows 10 sometimes the installation puts the EA Games automatically in OneDrive! I never used it and I did not think the EA Games file would be in here, therefore I did not search in it.

Thanks for your messages I would not have search anywhere else without them, I don't know if anyone had the same problem but hey, now you know, I feel kind of stupid but at least I am happy stupid so hey problem solved

You should try and get the UC because there still giving it away for free.
Just contact EA support and tell them what happen about breaking your disk and they will give you the UC for free, you may have to upload a pic or 2 but you can still get it for free.
If the first person will not give it to you then do it again with a new support person.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158