Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 27
Field Researcher
#251 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:43 AM
Quote:
Compatible with Pets Patch PC - 1.36.99.1020 / Mac 1.36.99.1220

Update - 9, Nov, 2017 : Pets Patch

--- Updated to Pets Patch (PC - 1.36.99.1020 / Mac 1.36.99.1220)

So, this new update, it is updated for latest patch (Update: 11/15/2017 PC 1.36.104.1020) and Cats & Dogs Ep, right?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#252 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 11:22 AM
Thanks for all your hard work on this! Truly a labor of love....
Test Subject
#253 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Do you get the pop up menu from where you can choose the preserves ?
The preserves available depend upon the skill level with only jam available at skill level 1.

Nope! When I select jam nothing happens! :< I will disable my mods half at a time and see if I can find whats happened.
Test Subject
#254 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by modcjayne
Nope! When I select jam nothing happens! :< I will disable my mods half at a time and see if I can find whats happened.

I DONT HAVE OUTDOOR RETREAT I AM AN IDIOT! Well, that explains it >.< godda drop $20 to get the canning mod haha you should charge them commission
Test Subject
#255 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 12:51 AM
I'm not sure why but the mod isn't showing up on my game. I don't know if there's another way to extract it but it looks like its all good to go. It just won't show up I'm quite sad. Please help.
Lab Assistant
#256 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rbagemehl
I'm not sure why but the mod isn't showing up on my game. I don't know if there's another way to extract it but it looks like its all good to go. It just won't show up I'm quite sad. Please help.

You have Outdoor Retreat and your game is fully patched?
You have CC and Script Mods enabled?
You downloaded all parts of this mod you needed and unzipped them in your mods folder?
The canning mod shows up on the CC dialogue you get after loading the game?
Test Subject
#257 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jevi
You have Outdoor Retreat and your game is fully patched?
You have CC and Script Mods enabled?
You downloaded all parts of this mod you needed and unzipped them in your mods folder?
The canning mod shows up on the CC dialogue you get after loading the game?

Jevi I do have outdoor retreat and my game is fully up to date.
I do have them enabled and I downloaded all three parts that the creator said that I would need, (the first, second, and last). I saved them to my mod folder but I know usually rar files need to be extracted but it appears to be already extracted. It isn't showing up in my cc dialogue though so it is not showing up in my game. I'm not quite sure what is happening. I want this mod soooo bad.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#258 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 9:16 PM
I figured it out and now have it working. Excited to try it!
Test Subject
#259 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 1:19 PM
while my 2 two sims were on holiday in granite falls the canning station flipped forward then flipped back into position while my sim was cooking. I do have custom foods in my game so i'm not sure if they caused it. i thought you might want to know
Test Subject
#260 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rose.halliwell
while my 2 two sims were on holiday in granite falls the canning station flipped forward then flipped back into position while my sim was cooking. I do have custom foods in my game so i'm not sure if they caused it. i thought you might want to know

That happened to me too. Its acting like the oven opening but since it technically doesn't have an oven, the whole thing has to flip forward.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#261 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 2:12 PM
ive got an idea for a project the alchemy station from the sims 3 supernatural with a custom alchemy skill and converted potions like there were in the sims 3 there could also be custom harvestables and stuff im really missing alchemy in the sims 4
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#262 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rose.halliwell

Quote: Originally posted by nicoxman8
That happened to me too. Its acting like the oven opening but since it technically doesn't have an oven, the whole thing has to flip forward.

Thank you for the report. I am aware of the issue. this happens because the canning station belongs to the Object class Stove and sims attempt to cook on the station when other stoves are unavailable ( even though I removed most of the other stove functions and slots) .

Quote: Originally posted by simsfreak 388
ive got an idea for a project the alchemy station from the sims 3 supernatural with a custom alchemy skill and converted potions like there were in the sims 3 there could also be custom harvestables and stuff im really missing alchemy in the sims 4

I do have a Alchemy project going on for quite some time but I have no immediate plans to complete it. It has become kind of a leisure project. But i will finish it up someday
Screenshots
Test Subject
#263 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 11:44 PM
Hi, first off, I love this mod. It's perfect for my world.
I have all Sims 4 packs, expansions, and stuff packs. I have also used this mod before C&D and never had any problems. I downloaded the updated C&D version and everything seems to work fine except for one thing. "Sell to evil corporation". It just doesn't come up as an option. My sim is level 4 and can make tons of stuff, just can't sell them. I do have all the files you offer for this mod. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thank you,
Cin
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#264 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinjan
Hi, first off, I love this mod. It's perfect for my world.
I have all Sims 4 packs, expansions, and stuff packs. I have also used this mod before C&D and never had any problems. I downloaded the updated C&D version and everything seems to work fine except for one thing. "Sell to evil corporation". It just doesn't come up as an option. My sim is level 4 and can make tons of stuff, just can't sell them. I do have all the files you offer for this mod. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thank you,
Cin

Ah thanks for the report! I will look into it The C&D patch changed so many things that its highly possible i may have missed something
Test Subject
#265 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 6:59 PM
Thank you for the report. I am aware of the issue. this happens because the canning station belongs to the Object class Stove and sims attempt to cook on the station when other stoves are unavailable ( even though I removed most of the other stove functions and slots) .

I do have a Alchemy project going on for quite some time but I have no immediate plans to complete it. It has become kind of a leisure project. But i will finish it up someday

It looks amazing i cant wait are there also potions to become a vampire or so it looks so great
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#266 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 2:25 PM
This reminds me of home. Thanks for making this!
Test Subject
#267 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 7:36 AM
Default Not Working!!
Hi, so to get straight to the point, none of your mods work in my game. Its not that they don't work when I click on them, its that they don't show up in my game at all. Please help me solve this problem because I really want to use your mods.
Field Researcher
#268 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 3:28 PM
Preserves is replacing cook in my clubs list in fact i can not see cook in the club list i got the new version.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#269 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VickieV980
Hi, so to get straight to the point, none of your mods work in my game. Its not that they don't work when I click on them, its that they don't show up in my game at all. Please help me solve this problem because I really want to use your mods.

Hi! just to be sure are you unpacking all the mods into the mods folder using winrar/winzip ? How deep are the mods placed ?

Quote: Originally posted by lataya25
Preserves is replacing cook in my clubs list in fact i can not see cook in the club list i got the new version.

This is something new...will check out the issue!
Test Subject
#270 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 6:14 PM
Hi! just to be sure are you unpacking all the mods into the mods folder using winrar/winzip ? How deep are the mods placed ?

This is something new...will check out the issue!

I'm pretty sure they are since it doesn't show up as a zip file when I put it in my mods file. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm using a MacBook?
Test Subject
#271 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 3:45 PM
This mod is throwing an error in mccc for me. The canning station, the books, and all of the addons show up, but I can't use the canning station. Advice?
Lab Assistant
#272 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fafuller
This mod is throwing an error in mccc for me. The canning station, the books, and all of the addons show up, but I can't use the canning station. Advice?

Having the same issue.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#273 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fafuller

Quote: Originally posted by Eighmylupin
Having the same issue.

Do you have Outdoor Retreat ? Can you please post the last exception ?
Lab Assistant
#274 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 8:20 PM
Do you have Outdoor Retreat ? Can you please post the last exception ?

I have Outdoor Retreat

and it just says

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
</root>

Which I didn't find helpful. The only reason I know its this mod is that when removed the error from MCCC disappears.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#275 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eighmylupin
I have Outdoor Retreat

and it just says

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
</root>

Which I didn't find helpful. The only reason I know its this mod is that when removed the error from MCCC disappears.

Strange! That LE apparently means that there is no actual error.

1. Do you have the black plate package ?
2. What interactions appear and do you get a pop out menu on clicking the interactions ?
3. Can you test with only MCCC + this mod ( Base + Black plate + Preserves package) ? [ I have MCCC and the mod in my game right now and cannot reproduce the error so this will be helpful to troubleshoot since i cannot reproduce the error]
4. Do the LE have numbers at the end ?
Page 11 of 27