Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Free Time
Default can't install custom content with Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
I have just installed the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in digital form. I have custom content from when I used CDs but it is all in the form of PACKAGE files not SIMS2PACK files, and all the content on (for example) The Sims Resource also seems to be PACKAGE files. So my computer (using Sims2Pack Clean Installer) won't instal them even though they are in the correct folder c/users/[username]/Documents/EA Games/The SimsTM 2 Ultimate Collection/Downloads. It will only instal SIMS2PACK files. So what installer do I use if I can't use Sims2Pack Clean Installer? Or how do I convert the content into SIMS2PACK files?
I'm sure many people have solved this problem. How do I? Thanks!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:06 PM
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:09 PM
Use Clean Installer for Sims2Pack files - the game will still only read package files. You just copy paste the package files into your Downloads folder. Just like you did before. The only thing with Win10 is to make sure you have the right one.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:13 PM
Thanks, but they are not Sims2pack files, they are Package files.
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:14 PM
You just need to put the .package file in your Downloads folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:23 PM
Thanks! They are, but the game doesn't see them. That is: when I start the game and reach the opening Neighbourhood chooser, there should be a message inviting me to enable custom content. There's none, and it doesn't show up in the game either.
Not actually evil.
#7 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by banger
Thanks! They are, but the game doesn't see them. That is: when I start the game and reach the opening Neighbourhood chooser, there should be a message inviting me to enable custom content. There's none, and it doesn't show up in the game either.

In the neighborhood view, select settings, game settings, then look in the upper right. That's where the controls for custom content are. You should see something about showing or not showing the custom content dialog at startup. You should also seen asterisk thingie. Click the asterisk thingie and tell the game to use custom content. Perhaps you simply have it disabled right now? Do you have other CC that is showing up?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:49 PM
Thank you. Do you mean when the game is playing? The usual enable/disable custom content option doesn't appear, but I have found 2 items of CC (clothing) in the game. However there are no items of furniture / buy mode content in the game, even though both types - clothing and furniture - are in my Downloads folder.
When the game is running, whether on the opening screen (neighbourhood chooser) or in a specific neighbourhood, I can't see any Settings menu, so where would I find this?
Not actually evil.
#9 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 8:44 PM
click the asterisk if the dialog doesn't come up

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 9:06 PM
That first screen that you see you can turn off so it's possible yours is turned off, mine has been turned off for 12 years. See how Cat circled it in pink, you can leave that turned off, that screen is simply EA's warning you that you have content not made by EA. (Leave that off even though cat has it on) Look above to the pink box then look directly left. Catalogs display custom content on-off. That is the important setting. Make sure that is on.

@CatOfEvilGenius you don't need that display on, it's only a warning screen.

Added my own red pencil to your pic.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by banger
Thanks, but they are not Sims2pack files, they are Package files.

That would be why I said paste the package files in your Downloads folder.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Not actually evil.
#12 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@CatOfEvilGenius you don't need that display on, it's only a warning screen.

Added my own red pencil to your pic.

True, I just like having it on so I can quickly disable cc at startup on occasion with less clicks. Jo is right, you don't need it on since you can enable/disable using the asterisk and I forgot to circle the catalog thingie, it's important!