Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2019 at 2:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims2pack problems: Corruption and S2PCI directory denied

Sorry if I'm posting this wrong...

Game:�*The sims 2 Ultimate collection (Digi download)

Device/Operating System(?):�*Asus laptop, windows 8.1 64bit

Problem pt 1: I've tried installing a sims2pack into my game simply by double clicking and letting the basic installer install it, but after I hit "install" it pops up with: There was an error during installation. The files you are trying to install may have been corrupted. I was having some graphical and folder finding issues before so I chalked it up to that because they had always installed fine before. I fixed those errors and my game runs fine! But when I try to install those pesky sims2packs it refuses to install them.

Solutions tried pt 1: My EA games folder was in a different directory rather than in Documents\EA games\and so on it was in my Users\Public Docs\EA games\ and so on . I thought I just needed to move them. I did, and they were still corrupted. I thought that they really were corrupted, so I downloaded a sims from here that I have never downloaded before. I placed the file in my downloads and tried to install it ( again, this is was with the sims2packinstaller still). It was said it was corrupted as well. So I relented and installed Mootildas Sims2pack Clean Installer V1.6.22 (just the first file on the download tab). I used that tool and it had it's own problems.

Problem pt 2: (This is a separate problem from Problem pt1, but I might as well throw it in as well) Mootildas S2CPI started up fine. I had never used it before so I watched SheGamerxo on YT to get the idea of of (Mootildas info link wasn't working for me). I ran it and tried to install a sim2pack but it had popups saying "Access to the path ' C:\Users\Kararsim\Documents\EA Games\ The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\ Downloads\package name' is denied. . It popped up for ever cc that it detected. After clicking off of all of them a single popup said "Files sucsessfully installed". Loaded the game, none of the CC was installed.

Solutions tried pt 2: I tried it on both directories in (public and documents as mentioned before), but they both had the same problem. I tried installing a second sim that I had never downloaded before and repeated the moving process to my downloads but again, it couldn't access the path. I changed it so it was to be opened as an admin, but again nothing. I found one other on these forums that's had this directory problem and their thread was dead with no answers.

What should I do?�* Mootilda seems to have the only Clean Installer and my bodyshop is running fine so shouldn't the package installer?

Again, I hope I'm not posing in the wrong place, and thank you for reading and trying to help!!!! :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th May 2019 at 2:14 AM
The location in the PublicDoc should just have an empty EAgames folder. Don't do anything to this one, it's supposed to be there (a tiny bug introduced in Win7, possibly also existing in Win8). Don't put files into it, because that won't work. The only one you need to be concerned with is the one in Documents. This one should have your saved game and Downloads.

I think you need to manually set the "SaveGamePath in the "S2PCI" file (found in the S2PCI folder in Program Files, open with the notepad) for The CI to work.
Should be something like
SaveGamePath="C:\Users\Kararsim\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection"
(or find that folder and copy the path - I think there may be one of those copyright symbols in the filepath)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2019 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The location in the PublicDoc should just have an empty EAgames folder. Don't do anything to this one, it's supposed to be there (a tiny bug introduced in Win7, possibly also existing in Win8). Don't put files into it, because that won't work. The only one you need to be concerned with is the one in Documents. This one should have your saved game and Downloads.

I think you need to manually set the "SaveGamePath in the "S2PCI" file (found in the S2PCI folder in Program Files, open with the notepad) for The CI to work.
Should be something like
SaveGamePath="C:\Users\Kararsim\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection"
(or find that folder and copy the path - I think there may be one of those copyright symbols in the filepath)

I found that folder and a configuration file that I think you are talking about. It shows (in notepad):
[CONFIG]
AutoInstallLotFiles=False
SaveGamePath=""

[Subfolders]

Is this correct? Because when I put the directory into SaveGamePath="Directory" the try to save it, it asks me to "Save as" (No matter if I only hit 'Save' it will show up 'Save as'). I save it under that same name, then asks if I want to override the previously save, I do but ever time I do it comes up with a popup "Access is Denied". Is this the correct file I need to edit??
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th May 2019 at 12:40 PM
Copy the file to your desktop. Edit it to say

[CONFIG]
AutoInstallLotFiles=False

[Subfolders]

Save the file (now it should let you save directly).
Then drag the file over to the original directory and let it overwrite the old one. You may need admin access (which you should already have if it's not a shared computer)

Files in ProgramFiles won't always let you edit them directly, but the copy/edit/replace method usually works. You'll most likely get a prompt that says something like "do you want to replace this file?", so just click yes to these.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th May 2019 at 9:09 PM
I was able to set the default path to my downloads folders (thanks to your advice! ) But it's continuing to say that I don't have access to the C:\Users\Kararsim\Documents\EA Games\The Simsâ„¢ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads path. It is still unable to work.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th May 2019 at 9:49 PM
Have you tried using that path, but with the "tm" in it? Best way to find the proper path is to open up the folder, click the path once (so it turns blue), copy it, and paste it into the file.

If it points to the proper folder, it should be able to access the Teleport, SavedSims and Downloads folder.

I've done this fix for my UC game, but haven't tried installing anything yet, so I can't say for sure if it's working or if I have the proper path. I did the same fix when I had trouble on my Win7 computer with the CD version, and there it worked fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th May 2019 at 11:13 PM
Yes, I have copied that path directly from the address bar with the "TM"... maybe the S2PCI wasn't updated for UC? Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th May 2019 at 11:23 PM
I'll do a little bit of testing and see if I can get it to work with my game.

The "tm" has caused issues for some players (it can be a problem with other programs like SimPE too), but there's probably a solution. I tink it's possible to remove the "tm" through the registry, but back when I tried I ended up messing up my game, so I had to reinstall.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th May 2019 at 1:42 AM
Oof. I hate reinstalling, scares me sometimes. I'm sure there's a solution too, I'm messing with it ever now and then. Hopefully something will come to our minds
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th May 2019 at 1:57 AM
It is possible to install the files manually by selecting the file path every time you install something (or doing it in bulk).

I can only find the way I've mentioned above in help topics, so I'm not sure if there's another way of doing it: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...Collection_FAQs (scroll down)

http://modthesims.info/t/529046 (how to do regedit, don't do it if you're not willing to risk your game or have a backup of all neccessary files, including edits in the install files... )

Could you perhaps link to one of the files you're trying to open, if it's an available download? Just to check if it's really corrupted or not.