Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2019 at 3:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims keep doing "surprised" action?
On a new lot, new family just created a couple days ago my sims keep doing the surprised action. Sometimes the thought bubble has Paul's reaction tester in it, but I've never placed it on the lot. They are always outside when they do it. I have also seen the thought bubble have mail (like an image of bills) in it. Why does this keep happening? Has anyone else had this?

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th May 2019 at 10:36 AM
I once had a situation like that. Don Lothario had moved in with Dina Caliente and he kept freaking out at random objects in the house (microwave, trash piles, the maid's van, etc.). It turned out that there was a stuck ghost emitter on the lot from Dina's dead husband haunting every night.

If your problem is the same as mine was, there should be an option on the batbox to Nuke > Ghost emitter. Try that and see if it fixes your problem.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2019 at 6:04 PM
That has to be it. I killed the robber Ocean Stompel by flies because he tried robbing my new sims house and she wanted to see his ghost. After she saw his ghost, I deleted the grave.

I’ll give it a try but I hear that the bat box can corrupt your game.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2019 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scathed
The BatBox is highly unlikely to cause corruption in your game. If you want to play it extra safe, don't use any of the options you're unsure about, and you'll be good.

Deleting graves, on the other hand, inexorably corrupts your neighborhood if you don't have the nounlinkondelete mod.

I have noticed if I delete a grave it just pops back up after exiting and reentering the game. Maybe if it pops back up I’ll just move it to a community lot.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th May 2019 at 8:40 AM
It’s possible that they reacted to car and/or pedestrian portals, since they also look like that box when revealed. You shouldn’t delete them, though.
Also, if you deleted a grave without nounlinkondelete, your Sim will no longer be resurrectable, BUT don’t get rid of your hood because of that, because you might be able to fix it using the resurrection method for Maxis Sims (replacing missing resources with ones from a clone).
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th May 2019 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
It’s possible that they reacted to car and/or pedestrian portals, since they also look like that box when revealed. You shouldn’t delete them, though.
Also, if you deleted a grave without nounlinkondelete, your Sim will no longer be resurrectable, BUT don’t get rid of your hood because of that, because you might be able to fix it using the resurrection method for Maxis Sims (replacing missing resources with ones from a clone).

I downloaded the batbox and nuked the ghost emitter and no randomly surprised sims since then!