Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[TESTING] Child2Toddler2Baby v0.6

by Arsil Posted 12th Apr 2017 at 6:04 PM - Updated 16th Jun 2019 at 3:28 PM by Tashiketh

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 4
Inventor
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kimlupai
I've noticed that if a toddler is in a crib or being held by an adult then the 'feed on floor' interaction does not work. I click on it, but nothing happens. If the toddler is on the floor then 'feed on floor' works just fine.

Uhm.., without the mod children couldn't do that anyway. Or could they?
I may have changed the behaviour of teen+, I don't remember. I'll look into that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 6:12 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#28 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 8:19 PM
Sorry I didn't phrase that very well. I don't have any child or teen sims in this household at the moment so I haven't tried any of child/toddler stuff yet. I have an absolutely appalling memory so I can't remember if children could feed toddlers on floor.

My Young Adult sim Josephine was active when I tried to use the 'feed on floor' interaction on the toddler in the crib and it didn't work (it didn't appear in the action queue). While Josephine was holding the toddler and with Josephine the active sim, the 'feed on floor' interaction also didn't work. However when Josephine placed the toddler on the floor, the interaction worked fine. I tried using the other YA in the house, Dracul and the same thing happened. Thinking about it further, I'm not sure if this will make a difference, but Josephine is a genie who has been released from the bottle, while Dracul (funnily enough) is a vampire.

I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour, but toddlers can help themselves to baby bottles from the bottle warmer I've made into a generic food maker using your mod, they stretch a bit but it works. Combine this with the napping mat and once they've been taught to talk and potty my toddlers are pretty much self sufficient. It's brilliant.

While playing today I also noticed that a toddler playing with a toy from the toy box appeared to be talking to a toddler using the block table, they both had speech bubbles and their relationship was going up which was awesome. Previously both had to be using the block table or both had to be just sitting and chatting.
Inventor
Original Poster
#29 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 8:03 AM Last edited by Arsil : 21st Apr 2017 at 8:07 PM.
What you described seems like intended behaviour (with or without the mod, but I'm not sure about the latter).

So, you allowed toddlers to use the Generic Food Maker and help themselves? Did you change the ITUN?
I'm a bit surprised that the internal code allows that. But, hey, good for you I say.

As for your last point, I knew that the activity table allows group chat involving toddlers and children using it,
(toddlers don't use animations, only balloons and _maybe_ short sounds - buy more likely those are the sounds
of the playing animations). Playing with a toy from the toy box may allow that too, can't say for sure without
re-checking the code. EDIT: confirmed.
Test Subject
#30 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 1:04 PM
Thank you for replying.

Previously I have been able to use feed on floor while the toddler is in the crib and while s/he was being held. It's been very useful when taking care of multiple toddlers as it gets them out of the crib and fed using only one interaction. I've also been able to queue up the 'feed on floor' interactions so when toddlers A, B and C have been in their cribs, I would tell Josephine to feed them all on the floor, then go paint, exercise, tend the garden or whatever else she wanted to do, I would then wander off and see what Dracul was doing (usually stealing candy from the babies). At the moment I am having to tell my sim to let the toddler out of the crib and then once the toddler is actually on the floor use the feed on floor interaction. As I have to wait for the toddler to be on the floor before the 'feed on floor' interaction works it makes the whole thing take quite a bit longer, which means Dracul is getting a lot of candy.

However if no one else is having a problem with the feed on floor interaction then there must be something else in my mod set up that doesn't play nicely with your mod and so is causing the interaction to break.

Finding out that toddlers could use the generic food maker was a happy accident. I happened to click on the food maker while a toddler was active, the option came up and I decided to see what would happen. I don't think I've changed an ITUN. I just opened the baby bottle in s3pe, added your script and then put both of your mods and the baby bottle warmer in my game.

With the toddlers talking I noticed that they were getting the blue person + icon/thingy floating up as well as the speech bubbles while they were apparently talking. That's why I thought that they were actually interacting with each other despite using different objects/toys. I loved it as it made the nursery a much friendlier, livelier place, plus it meant I didn't have to worry about their social need at all.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#31 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:06 PM
Thank you so much for this, LOVE IT ! Finally some improvements on the kiddies :D All works well in my game on patch 1.67 with wim10 all EP, SP and all Store :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 9:19 AM
I like the idea of this mod, I may as well put this mod into my game and do some testing and see how it goes and I will report back with my findings soon.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 11:06 AM
Default All of Your Children/Toddler/Baby Mods Are Great Ideas but There Is Some Issues
So I tested three of your new mods, Child2Toddler2Baby, Napping Mat and Toddlers Extra Activities and my my, I'm impressed. However, I do have to complain about a couple of things about all three mods. I've decided to post in this thread as this mod, in my opinion is the best out of the three.

The first issue, which people were complaining about is that when you try and click feed on floor to a toddler in the crib, the interaction would cancel itself and wouldn't work. So your forced to put the toddler on the floor and then click feed on floor for it to work. What I think what could be causing the issue, by the way I'm not a modder myself but sometimes, I have an idea in some situations what the issue is and in this case, I think the issue maybe coming from an overlapping of the buyable toddler bottle that you added in this mod, code which is overlapping with the feed on floor interaction when a toddler is in the crib. Don't say I'm correct though, that's what I think the issue could be. Anyway the next issue was when my child sim feed the baby on the floor or change their dipper, there was no amanimation for it, they just did it while they were still standing up. The last issue is mainly for the Toddlers Extra Activities Mod is that the interactions don't last for that long and the only interaction that lasted for over 30 sim minutes was playing in the sand. This issue also occurs with the Peek A Boo interaction with children and toddlers with the baby sim.

I also want to suggest a suggestion what I would like to see put into this mod and that is teens and older sims are also able to play peek a boo with toddler and baby sims as will you see in real life that a lot of parents and older siblings would play peek a boo with them. I don't know would it be possible but I think in my opinion, it's a cool idea. Anyway, thanks for creating this cool mod and I am looking forward what the future of this mod holds.
Inventor
Original Poster
#34 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 4:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

1) Should be easy to fix.
2) There are animations but they are very very simple.
3) The duration of most interactions is tunable.
Inventor
Original Poster
#35 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 6:31 PM Last edited by Arsil : 21st Apr 2017 at 2:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
the Child can:
1.Feed baby on Play Mats and Car Seat (I used Sandy's from ATS) The baby does not actually receive the bottle but the hunger bar goes right back up
2. Change baby's diaper when on Mats/Car Seats

Toddler and Child can play peek-a-boo with baby on Mat or in Car Seat

Are we talking about the baby play mat (Premium Item from the store), right?

Yeah, the animation is very simplified. Babies can't move nor turn to face someone
(EDIT: they can't even make eye contact, the LookAtManager doesn't work for them),
so making animations for them is hard because Sims interacting with them on the
ground can come from any direction (the code to pick up a baby is pretty elaborate,
there are 4 different animations based on the angle between picker and baby).
I could change the orientation of the babies but then they would look weird while laying
on the play mat with the head where the feet should be or at +/- 90 degrees.

From the context I'm not sure if what you are reporting is a bad thing or a good thing.
Do you mean that children go to bother babies while the mat is "active", interrupting
that "play on mat" (not sure about the English localization) interaction that increases all motives?
Would be better if children couldn't do that at all or just autonomously?
I'm guessing they should still be able to do that if user directed.
Do teen+ leave babies alone when they are on the baby play mat? (I don't think so)

Quote:
I tried having a child do those actions above when the baby/toddler was in a crib but the options are not available and that's fine.
Just letting you know I tried it. That is what we have the teenagers for.

Just to be sure, you are not reporting it as a weird thing, you are just confirming it, right?
Yeah, they couldn't do that even w/o the mod (when toddlers are in crib or held by someone).

Question: can you (generic) confirm that that object, the baby play mat, is bugged?
After a while (not sure about the cause) teens+ aren't able to put a baby in it any more
(it shows the routing failure balloon) and all you can do if delete it and place a new one?

Finally, thanks for your feedback.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 1:46 PM
I would be forever thankfull if some great modder/simmer would turn this object in a generic foodmaker for the babybottles and post it here . I tryed but it turned out to be an epic fail

bottle warmer

The bottle warmer is the second on the page of awesome modder Sandy.

Happy-Go-Lucky
Inventor
#37 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 7:54 PM Last edited by Naus Allien : 23rd Apr 2017 at 7:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Manna2710
I would be forever thankfull if some great modder/simmer would turn this object in a generic foodmaker for the babybottles and post it here . I tryed but it turned out to be an epic fail

bottle warmer

The bottle warmer is the second on the page of awesome modder Sandy.

I've removed the file until I get permission from Sandy, the creator, to share it (or maybe she wants to do it herself).
Test Subject
#38 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 11:35 AM
This mod is awesome! Unfortunately, with the updated version, I'm having this problem where when anyone tries to use the 'feed on floor' interaction, they glitch (they reset) and the toddler doesn't get fed.
Inventor
Original Poster
#39 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 6:09 PM
Fixed and re-uploaded. Thanks for your feedback.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 8:09 PM
Looks like it conflicts with bluegenjutsu's Bonehilda Leave The Toddlers Alone, which also uses the FeedOnFloor and ToddlerHug interactions. I've pulled the Bonehilda mod for now since I don't use her much, but does it look like a safe overlap?
Inventor
Original Poster
#41 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 8:24 PM Last edited by Arsil : 27th Apr 2017 at 12:32 PM.
The one for the pets is ok, the other one no.

My best advice, if you are a little handy with S3PE, is:

- Open my _Mod .package and edit the ToddlerHug and FeedOnFloor ITUN, removing from the
output block near the bottom/end of the file all lines referencing Bonehilda. Be careful not
to screw with the html-style comments.

- Open the .package of the other mod, and delete the ToddlerHug and FeedOnFloor ITUN.

EDIT: I forgot to explain what this procedure would do: merge the effects of the other mod
(removing Bonehilda specific advertisement to use those interactions) to my own changes
to the tuning of those interactions.

EDIT: by the way, if you want Bonehilda to leave the toddlers alone, maybe instead
of removing those lines, you should put a negative value (-200) to their advertised
and actual fields. This should (IIRC) contrast with the generic advertisement.
EDIT2: Note that if Bonehilda is the only teen+ in da house, toddlers might be left unattended.
Inventor
Original Poster
#42 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kimlupai
I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour, but toddlers can help themselves to baby bottles from the bottle warmer I've made into a generic food maker using your mod, they stretch a bit but it works.

@Kimlupai : the updated version of the Generic Food Maker won't allow you to do that any more
(the old version probably also allowed pets to do it).

If you still want that, just open the package with S3PE, edit the MakeObject ITUN (right click on it
and select Notepad) and add "P" to the AgeSpeciesValues field of AgeSpeciesAvail tag.
So the final line should look like this:
Code:
<AgeSpeciesAvail AgeSpeciesValues="P,C,T,Y,A,E" />
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 11:18 PM
Thank you for the heads up. I'll probably leave it for now as it makes more sense that toddlers can't help themselves. I will make a note of how to make the change though, I do have one game in mind where it might be useful for a toddler to be able to take care of themselves.

Thanks again for a brilliant series of toddler mods, they are making my game so much more entertaining.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 3:02 PM
Reposting this in correct mod:

Arsil: First, thanks so much for your amazing mods!

Just updated to the newest version and while the "feed on floor" option is back, my toddler gets reset and I get an Error Trap script error message that reads:

Quote:
Interactions:
1: Take Bottle
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Arsil.BabyBottle+Drink+Definition
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Arsil.BabyBottle+Drink+Definition
UserDirected

Counter: 2
Sim-Time: Sat. at 3:23 PM
Start-Time: 04/24/2017 07:57:09
PreLoadup-Time: 04/24/2017 07:58:10
Loadup-Time: 04/24/2017 07:59:18
Log-Time: 04/24/2017 08:53:05

System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x000d0 stfld.o in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Arsil.BabyBottle+Drink:Run () ()
#1: 0x00005 ret in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Interaction`2:RunFromInventory () ()
#2: 0x000d2 stloc.u1 in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance:RunInteractionWithoutCleanup () ()
#3: 0x00348 stloc.u1 in Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.InteractionQueue:ProcessOneInteraction () ()
#4: 0x0011c stfld.u1 in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim:DoInteraction () ()
#5: 0x00015 br.s in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim:Simulate () ()
#6: 0x00027 leave.s in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:Simulate () ()

As no one else has reported this, it could be a conflict with another mod but wanted to give you a heads up. It is actually quite helpful in getting the toddlers down the stairs to the front porch

Thanks again.

Syd

Edit: Just realized I should have mentioned when this occurs; the bottle has been placed in the toddler's inventory and I instructed them to drink it.

Edit 2: I'm an idiot and just realized I posted this under the wrong mod...so sorry.
Inventor
Original Poster
#45 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 3:34 PM Last edited by Arsil : 27th Apr 2017 at 9:22 AM.
No, no, it was my fault. See? I didn't put [TESTING] in the title for nothing ^^
Fixed and re-uploaded, thanks for the feedback.

Has anyone tried the new system for feeding or changing diapers?
I'm a bit concerned that only looking for the required items (baby bottles or diapers)
in the inventory might be too limiting. One Sim may have many but be elsewhere
(e.g. working) while the Sim at home is left with none. Well, you can use the
live dragging to exchange them, but that won't work well if you like your Sims
to act autonomously (in that case probably the new system is not for you anyway).
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#46 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 9:10 PM
I really appreciate your great work! I just love people with a talent i don't have (modding) :) . I hope someone will try out de diaper en feeding overhaul. It would be great to really need diapers in your sims inventory to change the babies and toddlers!
Test Subject
#47 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 12:44 PM
Excellent mod so far! I've been using the bottle feeding overhaul, the default replacement and vampire blood recolour, added the bottles to the grocery using the Chewing Gum mod, and used the Generic Food Maker script with the bottle warmer from ATS3.

I've been testing this (alongside the Toddler Activities and Child2Toddler2Baby mods) with a family of 2 parents, one vampire and the other is human; 2 children, 1 toddler (mermaid), 1 baby (vampire). I noticed a few things:
- when using the food maker, both the default baby bottle and the blood recolour have the same name ("Make Baby Bottle", "Make Baby Bottle") so it could be confusing. Is it possible to rename the blood recolour something like "Plasma formula" or similar with tuning?
- on that note is it possible for the blood recolour to be only given to vampire infants/toddlers (or is that impossible since all cc bottles are all made equal), or add an extra step involving plasma fruit?
- I've had trouble trying to get the default baby bottle to show up in the grocery list. The blood recolour, ATS3 diapers and diaper box shows up though (I might need to keep testing this more). Is the code name still "BabyBottle" for it to be put in the chewing gum grocery list?
Inventor
Original Poster
#48 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by punchthecarbonara
- when using the food maker, both the default baby bottle and the blood recolour have the same name ("Make Baby Bottle", "Make Baby Bottle") so it could be confusing. Is it possible to rename the blood recolour something like "Plasma formula" or similar with tuning?

Re-uploaded. Of course now the name is no longer localized in all languages.

Quote:
is it possible for the blood recolour to be only given to vampire infants/toddlers (or is that impossible since all cc bottles are all made equal), or add an extra step involving plasma fruit?

It's the same object type (class), just a recoloured version. I did it for its role play value, not for gameplay purposes.
What you ask requires some extra work (create a sub-type of specialized baby bottle).
It's doable and probably not too hard, but it's not on my plans.

Many of my mods probably ignore vampire and even Vegetarian Sims dietary peculiarities.

Quote:
I've had trouble trying to get the default baby bottle to show up in the grocery list. The blood recolour, ATS3 diapers and diaper box shows up though (I might need to keep testing this more). Is the code name still "BabyBottle" for it to be put in the chewing gum grocery list?

Yes, "BabyBottle". For reference, here's how that xml should look like with just the chewing gum and the baby bottle:
Instructor
#49 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 1:00 PM
I loooove the idea! Unfortunatly it won't work with my game, makes it crash everytime.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#50 Old 3rd May 2017 at 7:59 PM
Thank you. So far in my 100 baby challenge it seems to be working. Did a diaper change with a child and it worked. However, toddler to toddler on the peek a boo didn't. They started to move to each other than stopped. Other than that so far so good.
Page 2 of 4