Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[TESTING] Child2Toddler2Baby v0.6

by Arsil Posted 12th Apr 2017 at 6:04 PM - Updated 16th Jun 2019 at 3:28 PM by Tashiketh

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 4th May 2017 at 11:58 AM
Amazing mod! I always wanted children to be able to do more with the toddlers! I would love to see a mod where children can help toddlers into or out of their cribs, maybe something like the children can no stretch mod. Thank you so much for creating this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 30th May 2017 at 9:33 PM
Is anyone else experiencing the sim reset when feeding in a highchair?
Inventor
Original Poster
#53 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 6:52 AM
Confirmed. Thanks for the report. I'll look into it...
Inventor
Original Poster
#54 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 6:39 PM Last edited by Arsil : 21st Jun 2017 at 8:48 AM.
Uhm... I didn't see the Sim getting reset, but I've casually read the log
generated by NRaas ErrorTrap.

The thing is that every time I try it works correctly, I can't reproduce
the issue (I can't find a fixed sequence of actions that trigger the error)
and at first glance the code looks all right.

@luvlee215

Does it happen every single time for you or only occasionally?
- In the former case, can you tell me exactly and verbosely what you do?
- In the latter case, do you remember the circumstances?

Anyone else has this problem? I know it's real, I'm just a little baffled.

------

While checking for this issue, I found out a few other things to fix,
but nothing really important, so I'll delay an updated version
until I figure out this problem.
EDIT: updated a new version that fixes those problems (unfortunately only those, not the one discussed here)

By the way, the only reason there's still [Testing] in the title of the mod
is because no one yet gave me feedback on the only (well, beside this
newly discovered issue) thing I really asked and wanted to know.
Test Subject
#55 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 3:22 AM
Great mod! Seems to work very well.
I've encountered maybe a little bug... Sometimes when I click on the hungry moodlet in another sim (not the toddler) instead of the sim going to get food for themselves they queue up an action to feed the toddler! So far this has only happened a few times & I'm not sure just what conditions trigger it, it seems to happen somewhat inconsistently. I'm not sure if it's triggered by the toddler's hunger level, the sim's proximity to the hungry toddler or what. It's a little annoying, especially when the toddler has already gotten a bottle & is eating, then I click the adult's hunger moodlet & they try to give the tot a second bottle
Here are some screenshots of it happening.

Inventor
Original Poster
#56 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 10:14 AM Last edited by Arsil : 21st Jun 2017 at 8:52 AM. Reason: rephrased
Thanks for the feedback.
It took me a bit of time, but I figured out what is happening.

Quote: Originally posted by Shojo Dagger
Sometimes when I click on the hungry moodlet in another sim (not the toddler) instead of the sim going to get food for themselves they queue up an action to feed the toddler! So far this has only happened a few times & I'm not sure just what conditions trigger it, it seems to happen somewhat inconsistently. I'm not sure if it's triggered by the toddler's hunger level, the sim's proximity to the hungry toddler or what.

Check the AUTONOMY section in the mod's description to see why hungry Sims
might try to feed a toddler/baby before feeding themselves.

Using the default options (defined in the xml tuning), toddlers/babies are fed autonomously*
only if hungry (i.e. when they have the related moodlets associated with a low score for
the hunger need).

*What happens here is that clicking on the moodlet is equivalent to user directing the Sim
to feed the toddler/baby, so all the checks made when the interaction is used autonomously
are skipped (because you don't want those restrictions applied when user directing a Sim,
just like you don't want the interaction to take a shower to be locked when your Sim is already
clean. Well, I don't know what you want but this is how the game works).

Quote:
It's a little annoying, especially when the toddler has already gotten a bottle & is eating, then I click the adult's hunger moodlet & they try to give the tot a second bottle

The interaction to feed toddlers will NOT be used autonomously if they are
currently drinking from a babybottle (or that action is in their queue). That check
is skipped because the interaction is user directed.

I know it's an odd behaviour: when you click on that moodlet (by the way, I had no idea that
was a thing!) you clearly mean to satisfy the need of that Sim.
If you don't like it, you can remove the advertising of the hunger motive in the FeedOnFloor ITUN
(it's near the bottom, remove the entire line), but that way children won't have any motivation to
autonomously feed toddlers/babies (unless they have the Family Oriented trait).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 4:55 AM
I'll try changing those settings then, and see how I like it.
As I said it's only an annoyance, & pretty minor one, since it only triggers when the toddler & other sim both have hunger status.
The mod's flawless except for that odd little bit, I love it. Thanks again!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#58 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 6:39 PM
Thank you for the update
Instructor
#59 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 12:50 PM
New feature idea: just like with the fridge, being able to shop for bottles and diapers without entering buy mode would be great!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 6:01 AM
I can't not understand the food maker/bottle warmer. How to connect them? Am I just making a bundle of bottles? Or am I just buying bottles from just the maker?
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anitaka00
New feature idea: just like with the fridge, being able to shop for bottles and diapers without entering buy mode would be great!

Read the Compatibility tag for how to add them to the grocery store
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:05 AM
Is it possible to make the "feed in high chair" interaction available only when the sim has such a baby jar object in the inventory, as the baby jar from ATS3 , and those jars can be bought from grocery?
Thanks for the great mod!
Field Researcher
#63 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 2:03 AM
Not sure this is only me having problem or not, so I ask here.
Anyone having problem with chat to toddler for teen or order sim or young adult and older sim?
Cause I think after install this one, chat option to toddler is gone from them or if it is there, it's not working.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 1:03 AM
Can the need of a diaper/box be added to the sims store's changing/batheing table? Each action needs a diaper
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 1:08 AM
Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 3:05 PM Last edited by simsmods : 2nd Nov 2017 at 11:52 PM.
thanks I'll try the mod tonight, maybe add potty train ,teach to walk and talk for child sim interactions with the toddlers, and let child sims use the changingtable
Test Subject
#67 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 4:26 PM
THANKS! I would LOVE if you could made a mod about ONLY babies feeding themself. I love this one but I found it too difficult to me. So I would love one simpler, just the feeding part
(ofc I understand if that is not possible. Thanks anyways, this is a really good mod)
Test Subject
#68 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 7:26 PM
Default sims 4 needs this mod
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
Re-uploaded. Of course now the name is no longer localized in all languages.

It's the same object type (class), just a recoloured version. I did it for its role play value, not for gameplay purposes.
What you ask requires some extra work (create a sub-type of specialized baby bottle).
It's doable and probably not too hard, but it's not on my plans.

Many of my mods probably ignore vampire and even Vegetarian Sims dietary peculiarities.

Yes, "BabyBottle". For reference, here's how that xml should look like with just the chewing gum and the baby bottle:
Nice mod i wish this mod exists for sims 4
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#69 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 10:12 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 2nd Jan 2018 at 11:47 PM.
Well it took some fiddling to make it work but boy this is amazing! Now my sims buy a weekly box of diapers that gets emptied and 'use' a bottle warmer food maker to buy a bottle for 5§ each time they wanna feed their nooboo. It makes it so realistic, and really not cumbersome at all, after all they're all buyable in the catalogue if you want. - Gonna fiddle more to remove them from the catalogue to always force my sims to buy them at the grocery store haha. if only there were dirty diapers being generated, it would be heaven.

I want to thank you Arsil for all your game changing mods, I also recently started using your no cellphones mod, and gosh it makes a HUGE difference too and I want to thank you for that gem mod too <3 *kiss*
Field Researcher
#70 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 6:52 AM
I'm enjoying this mod immensely but just wanted to add, in case anyone else had this issue, that the baby bottle did not show up for purchase initially. Yes, I cleared all the normal things when I added the mod. The first version worked fine, but this latest one, I had to clear my World Cache to get the bottle to show up in the catalogue. Maybe it was just me, but just in case, thought I'd mention it.

Thank you, love this and all your mods
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#71 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 12:25 AM
I've been looking for such a mod for a while! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us, you rock!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#72 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 12:50 AM
Thank you! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 7:15 PM
great
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 7:16 PM
I love this mod! I wish somebody would do toddler/children and pet interactions.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 1:13 PM
Dear sweet Arsil! TheSweetToddler has made a cute little mod http://www.modthesims.info/d/628160...g-toddlers.html
It conflicts with yours, and she can't fix it, nor me as we are not that pc-smart. Could you have a look?
Love all your mods, and all play beautiful in the game Big Hug XXX
Page 3 of 4