Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 1:59 AM Last edited by blackSoul : 10th Feb 2023 at 9:58 PM.
Default Multiple chineses roofs
I wanted to create a bigger version (second pic) of the tiny japanese starter house i downloaded here. (first pic)

So the top roof is obviously not the problem. But the lower and the middle roof bother me a lot. I can't figure out how the creator attached these roofs to every floor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Screenshots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg  Screenshot (2).jpg (1.03 MB, 7 downloads)
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 11:37 AM
So what I think the creator did was to build the first storey (ground level on a foundation) and then hide the roof and add walls to build the second storey. Put a roof on that, then hide the roofs and again add the top storey, with roof on top.

You see, where a roof overlaps another, the game hides the lower roof. So even though your lower levels have roof over the entire area, the sims will still be able to enter and use the rooms and the roof parts there will not be visible, as they are superseded by the higher level roofs. You can see this if you remove a couple of your wall panels- the roof is invisible inside the upper room.

I hope this is what you meant, and that it helps!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 9:56 PM
Oh wow! Thank you so much!! I didn't think it would be that easy. I thought it has to be something very complicated.

Here are some quick results, that i just did! I'm very happy with them!
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 10:08 PM
Looking great, well done!