Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 5:49 AM Last edited by meowcho : 27th Sep 2005 at 5:58 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default Huge problem with neighborhoods reverting to original as if game was just installed.
I'm having a big problem with all of my neighborhoods. They all seem to have gone back to the way they were when the game was first installed (only original families and houses, no university or downtown selected). The game was fine when I played it last night, I don't know what I did to cause this to happen. I have a lot of downloads, a few hacks that I know are safe to use with Nightlife and the new CEP which I just installed today. The only thing I can think of that could have caused the problem is that when I installed the new CEP, I went to Add/Remove programs and uninstalled what I thought was the old CEP. It was called Colour Options beta or something similar to that. Even if that wasn't the old CEP why would it erase every family and house that isn't Maxis original? It is really as if I just now installed the game. In case anyone needs to know I have custom content enabled (I don't think that would cause something like this anyway). What I would really like to know is if there is any way I can get the neighborhoods back to the way they were last night, I have no backups of them. If I have put this in the wrong place or if there is already a thread somewhere about this I'm sorry, I looked all over the site and I couldn't find anything.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 3:46 PM
I have the same problem too - although the lots & families are still in the neighbourhood folder when I look with Simpe?!? This happened after installing NL!
Has anyone any advise on hoe to get lots to show up in game?
Thanks in advance!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 1:04 PM
The same thing happened to me. I hadn't done anything except back up my game files (thank goodness)...and then I loaded the game and it was like I'd just intalled it. I don't have hacks. I have about four downloaded objects...I have no idea why it had done that. My only suggestion is...until someone figures why this is happening and how to fix it...back up your game, often. Good luck.

~cymraes

*Unwaith yn ddyn, dwywiaith yn blentyn.*
Once a man, twice a child.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 9:05 AM
Hi Crymraes - were you able to get your houses back in the game?
Thanks