Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 11:22 PM
Default Hider - a few persistant items.
Not 100% sure if this is the right forum, but here goes. I'm trying to make a hider for all the EAxis stuff. I downloaded the ones by Almighty Hat and combined them into one package and checked them in AnyGame. There were a couple of items missed, but I was able to track down the majority of them by using the CEP database to find their names and expansions. But there were a few things I couldn't see on the list. By using the Object Workshop and cloning them, I was able to find their names, but I can find no information about what expansions they came with. I did hope that by cloning them without changing anything I might be able to extract that object data to edit, but it didn't work. So, does anyone know where I might find out what expansion pack they're from, or am I either going to have to check all the objects files or give up?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 12:40 AM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 9:51 PM
I'll have a look at the OBJD tool, thanks. I think the cheat may be lying to me (or these things are hiding) because I could not find the snowman construction anywhere in the base game objects folder, despite it telling me it was there.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 2:48 AM
The snowman construction is in the Holiday set, or from the store if you don't have the holiday set. Look in the base game folders for the H05 and H06 packages.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 11:00 AM Last edited by sushigal007 : 18th Mar 2012 at 12:54 PM.
Aaaah, OK, thank you. That's probably where the Holiday door and window are lurking too then!

ETA: Rrrrgh, so close! I've managed to now hide the snowman middle, door, and window that I couldn't find, but I have one. Single. Item that refuses to hide. It's the Television Television from Teen Style Stuff. I've found it, extracted the OBJ data, added it to my hider, removed all the flags, but it's still there. It doesn't even have the CC star I'd expect to see if I'd missed a flag. Any ideas?
Instructor
#6 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 4:11 PM
With Mansion and Gardens as my highest EP, I've had to put my recategorizer for the TSS vanity in TSData/Res/Overrides in addition to the usual TSData/Res/Catalog/Bins or /Skins.
Try it, maybe it will help.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 6:49 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 19th Mar 2012 at 7:08 PM.
I can put it in Bins? I've just shoved it in Downloads! Well, I gave it a try and it failed, but I'll pop it in Bins too and see if that helps.

ETA: Nope, it's still there.
Instructor
#8 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 12:11 AM
I would try TSData/Res/Overrides
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 11:35 AM
I tried both locations and it's still refusing to hide. I'm wondering if maybe there's another Television Television somewhere - when I had a look at Object Workshop, it appeared twice. Could that have something to do with it?
Instructor
#10 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 1:01 PM
I'm not sure.
I've made a hider for the TV and it works just by putting a copy in Downloads as regular. I cloned the TV that appears first, with a thumbnail in SimPE. I have all EPs and SPs.
Is it possible that you have any fix such as Lord Darcy made for stuff pack objects (although I'm not sure those contain OBJDs), or one that changes the price or category of that TV?
Anyway, I'v attached my hider.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ZZZTssTVHider.zip (328 Bytes, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 9:34 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 21st Mar 2012 at 10:17 PM.
I don't think I've got any of them, but I do have a lot of stuff so it's possible. Although my hiders didn't work on the TV in a clean, empty AnyGame. I'll try yours though and report back.

ETA: Yaaaaay, it worked! And then I combined it with my own hider and it still works! Thank you very much. :D
Instructor
#12 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 1:02 AM
You're welcome, I'm glad it worked.