Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 4:15 PM
Cats & Dogs broke my game!
I patched my game last night. My mods are disabled and I've repaired the game and I still cannot play! I've deleted thumbnails and cache files already.

-I was able to create a family in CAS
-Thumbnails for households won't load/flash blue
-"Play" button for households doesn't do anything

Specs:

Screenshots:

So basically right now the game is useless, unless all I want to do is create new families. Anybody else having this problem?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 5:25 PM
1. remove your mods, saves, tray, custom music and screenshots.
2. Rename your sims4 folder, The Sims 4.old
3. Start your game.
4. Enable mods at the options screen after your game loads.
5. Exit the game and delete the .old folder. You have a fresh sims 4 game (like a factory reset) - if this doesn't work you can repair the game, but I find this to be useful. Put back the folders you took out.
6. Have you taken a look at SimsVip.com for a heads-up about mods that don't work, and updates on S4S?
7. Sometimes you have to un-install sims 4 and perhaps origin as well. My dedicated Sims 2 laptop required this after Origin removed the Securom feature (Ikr?) last week, and now it works fine.

My configuration is very similar to yours and except for mod issues, my game has been playable - I hope this helps. It could be one little script mod that is making your life miserable. I am having a few script errors, but no last exception file (blargh!) and my game and game play have been fine as I slowly weed out the stragglers.
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 6:30 PM
This could also happen for some reason, such as full HD, or it cannot write it's scratch/cache files or lack of permission, run the game, the. look in your actual SAVES folder to see if it's there's a temporary Scratch folder in there.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
1. remove your mods, saves, tray, custom music and screenshots.
2. Rename your sims4 folder, The Sims 4.old
3. Start your game.
4. Enable mods at the options screen after your game loads.
5. Exit the game and delete the .old folder. You have a fresh sims 4 game (like a factory reset) - if this doesn't work you can repair the game, but I find this to be useful. Put back the folders you took out.
6. Have you taken a look at SimsVip.com for a heads-up about mods that don't work, and updates on S4S?
7. Sometimes you have to un-install sims 4 and perhaps origin as well. My dedicated Sims 2 laptop required this after Origin removed the Securom feature (Ikr?) last week, and now it works fine.

My configuration is very similar to yours and except for mod issues, my game has been playable - I hope this helps. It could be one little script mod that is making your life miserable. I am having a few script errors, but no last exception file (blargh!) and my game and game play have been fine as I slowly weed out the stragglers.

I did check the VIP list already and update mods/remove incompatible ones, but again, the issue happened without them active. I also tried reinstalling Origin already.

After soem noodling back & forth with different folders, the temporarily folder replacement method appears to have worked, though I had to move out one of my families because their lot won't load. Thanks!!!!!
Scholar
#5 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by harlequin_eyes
I did check the VIP list already and update mods/remove incompatible ones, but again, the issue happened without them active. I also tried reinstalling Origin already.

After soem noodling back & forth with different folders, the temporarily folder replacement method appears to have worked, though I had to move out one of my families because their lot won't load. Thanks!!!!!

Do you have error code 102 or 122? That's a known issue causing lots to not load and it seems to be triggered by deleting existing Sims out of a save.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Do you have error code 102 or 122? That's a known issue causing lots to not load and it seems to be triggered by deleting existing Sims out of a save.

I didn't get an error code, just nothing would happen.
Scholar
#7 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 4:54 AM
I didn't get an error code, just nothing would happen.

Oh. That sucks! At least with that error code, it's related to a known issue. I'm terrified right now to play my regular saves until this mess settles down.
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 2:27 AM
I patched my game last night. My mods are disabled and I've repaired the game and I still cannot play! I've deleted thumbnails and cache files already.

-I was able to create a family in CAS
-Thumbnails for households won't load/flash blue
-"Play" button for households doesn't do anything

Specs:

Screenshots:

So basically right now the game is useless, unless all I want to do is create new families. Anybody else having this problem?

I am having this exact same problem - I cannot load any of my lots and I was such a dumbass and kept saving when I tried rebooting the game - so now all of my saves before I enabled mods and scripts are all gone
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 2:35 AM
The only thing I can suggest if the above suggestions does not work is move your mods folder to your desktop -- uninstall- make sure that Sims 4 folder in the Origin Games folder in your Programs folder is removed and that the My Docs/Electronic Arts/ Sims 4 folder is removed- and do a fresh reinstall -- that can sometimes fix borkage
Inventor
#10 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:20 AM
I had the same problem, but I managed to fix that. Make sure to update all your mods, and remove those which didn't got updated.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 11:30 AM
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by increzut
I am having this exact same problem - I cannot load any of my lots and I was such a dumbass and kept saving when I tried rebooting the game - so now all of my saves before I enabled mods and scripts are all gone

What ended up "working" for me was to follow the directions above about making a completely new "sims" folder and replacing my content within it (saves and mods and the like), but all my households were still misbehaving at first so I had to evict & re move them in before they were functioning right. It's not perfect but at least I can play the thing.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
I had the same problem, but I managed to fix that. Make sure to update all your mods, and remove those which didn't got updated.

Anhaeyn, if you read my post above note that I actually removed all mods and was still having the problem.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 7:42 PM
ETA: I'm still having problems visiting lots with Sims and I found in searching that this is a more common problem than I thought. Unfortunately this link doesn't have a fix, though. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...23/td-p/6415552
Inventor
#15 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 8:34 PM
Anhaeyn, if you read my post above note that I actually removed all mods and was still having the problem.

I've read your post more than once, I told you how I fixed MY game.