Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2023 at 11:14 PM
Default Mod for disabling specific interactions with specific sims?
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows of or would be able to make a mod that allows you to effectively disable certain interactions from appearing on the interaction menu when interacting with a specific other sim.
For context - one of my Sims (Sim A) is in a relationship with another sim (Sim B) but I want this relationship to be a purely aromantic relationship. Hence I’d prefer the “kiss”, “woohoo”, “try for baby” options didn’t appear when clicking for Sim A to interact with Sim B and vice versa whilst still being able to retain the romantic menu so as to still be able to click for them to flirt with each other, compliment appearance, etc.
It would also be useful if the mod also prevented the wishes to kiss/woohoo/etc with that sim to come up but that’s not an essential and would just be an extra handy thing to be able to do.

Thanks in advance for any help on the matter. I’m also new to posting here so apologies if I’ve posted in the wrong place, done anything wrong with the post, etc
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Aug 2023 at 6:17 AM
Generally speaking, getting the games existing systems to behave drastically differently to the original just isn't in the cards. If a similar system doesn't exist to modify, there isn't a lot of forcing it to do something new. Removing options from the UI on a per-sim basis or enforcing a new type of relationship is no small feat, and either hasn't been made yet or is beyond what modding can do.

What you can somewhat do is at least tune these options to not be autonomous, so they won't get any of these interactions popping into their queue. Either with dedicated tuning mods, or yourself with NRAAS Retuner. You can also disable these sims from being pushed by the game to be romantic or have children with NRAAS StoryProgression, if you want to make sure they behave when you are playing other households.
The option to do so will still be available to user-direct, but so are a lot of 'out of character' options really. Such as the ability to be mean to a sim they never would, or flirt with someone that isn't their gender preference. I have queerplatonic sims going about their lives without any need to enforce it that strictly.

For future reference, the 'Where can I find..?' section (found from the Sims 3 dropdown, Community Forums) is a good place to ask general 'does this exist?' questions. The next best bet, especially in more of a 'is it possible?' vein, is the nraas.net forums- as the minds with the skill to make such a thing are often over there.