Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 3:38 AM
Why is my custom career throwing this error?
I extracted all the Astronaut files, and I've been working my way through to convert them to my own career.

At this point, I'm pretty happy with everything I've learned, except... It's throwing an error.

Sims can't join a career.

Here's the error:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>9d97ed0919f2ef775a3dc91d</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2017-12-23 03:11:19</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.37.35.1010-1.300.000.106.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>career_tuning.py:745</categoryid><desyncid>9d97ed0919f2ef775a3dc91d</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[manus] Exception in &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.career_Adult_Prostitute'&gt;._tuning_loaded_callback. (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'career_levels')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 195, in wrapper
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 148, in c_api_server_init_tick
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\core_services.py", line 164, in start_service_tick
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 335, in start_single_service
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 104, in update_incremental_start
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 149, in _execute_gen
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 475, in invoke_registered_callbacks_gen
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_tuning.py", line 707, in _tuning_loaded_callback
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_tuning.py", line 745, in _propagate_track_and_level_data
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'career_levels'
</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>9d97ed0919f2ef775a3dc91d</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2017-12-23 03:11:54</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.37.35.1010-1.300.000.106.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>career_base.py:757</categoryid><desyncid>9d97ed0919f2ef775a3dc91d</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'career_levels')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 335, in _run
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\interaction_elements.py", line 162, in _behavior_element
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_tuning.py", line 1441, in _do_behavior
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_tuning.py", line 813, in get_join_career_pb
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 757, in get_career_entry_level
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'career_levels'
</desyncdata></report>
</root>

I enclose my package file. Thanks so much
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  sinfulsimming_prostitution---frd.7z (756.0 KB, 40 downloads) - View custom content

"Whatcha doin'?"
"Probing your mind."
"Kinda roomy, innit?"
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 7:16 PM
The career_Adult_Prostitute loaded and asked to get a callback once everything that it depended on had been loaded. When the game informed it that everything was loaded it went and looked for tuning that contained a career_levels attribute, but that object itself hadn't properly loaded so instead of finding a career_track numbered 11609978360981259333 (or whichever one, likely all of them failed to load) it instead found nothing - so when it tried to access the career_levels tuning from that career_track it threw an exception and gave up.

What failed to load that caused the career_track to not load is uncertain without further examination - you can go about arduously checking every bit of XML and just go crazy, or you can start by confirming what DID load.

So it looks like at least once (the start_track of career_Adult_Prostitute) you are referencing the wrong instance number - 15218931442441434790 instead of 18129306063481722005, or you are using the wrong hex instance number in your filename. You need to make the hex value in the filename match the decimal instance number you're using inside your XML by changing one or the other and making sure all the XML points to the proper value used in the filename.

You'll probably want to follow up by checking all of your instance values to make sure they match the hex in the filename by using a good decimal -> hex converter (some use the 64th bit as a positive/negative indicator, so they won't output the right values!)

Finally, when I did my Class Clown aspiration mod (which is no longer working I'm sure) I had to use 32 bit instance numbers for the Aspiration (type 0x28b64675), Objective (0x0069453e) and AspirationTrack (0xc020fcad) tunings. Not sure if EAxis has fixed that by now or not, so YMMV.