Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 9:50 PM
Default Nobody has yet done TS2 Styled Memories??
How this thing could be done...

Either recreating TS2, utilizing TS3, or making up your own: into a form of a moodlet that is indefinite and affects the sim emotionally.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 10:12 AM
That would require quite a bit of energy on the scripting side, since EA made this memory system already, but adding for example, a new UI tab would be a pain in the butt. Since there's so much EA has it's restrictions for and sometimes they're easy fixes but most of the time they'll keep you awake at night to think how you'd actually be able to fix it. So I guess since it's 1. a big project and 2. pretty advanced stuff, it could be a difficult task. but if someone's able to do it, I'd say, go ahead!
Scholar
#3 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 9:33 PM
I don't know about memories but ChainReaction at nraas was working on a chemistry mod, which is a master controller module similar to the turn ons and turn offs system in Sims 2. Sims 2 style memories will not be easy to make, maybe you'll need to make a core mod rather than script mod. And even if you do succeed it might produce more lag however all negativity aside, if you want to make a mod like that and think you can then go for it
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
That would require quite a bit of energy on the scripting side, since EA made this memory system already, but adding for example, a new UI tab would be a pain in the butt. Since there's so much EA has it's restrictions for and sometimes they're easy fixes but most of the time they'll keep you awake at night to think how you'd actually be able to fix it. So I guess since it's 1. a big project and 2. pretty advanced stuff, it could be a difficult task. but if someone's able to do it, I'd say, go ahead!

Well, couldn't those memories appear in the moodlet panel instead?
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Well, couldn't those memories appear in the moodlet panel instead?

In the moodlet panel? I don't have too much experience with TS2. You could make permanent moodlets. Creating moodlets with script mods or core mods is possible but when will these moodlets appear? And how will they affect the sim? You need to figure out these two things.

You'll have to replace a lot of the interactions it seems.