Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 2:53 AM
Default Bathroom in a can?
I just recently started adventuring into the tombs.

Now one of the quest provider in France suggested I prepare with tents and dried food. I also got shower in a can. Now, 2 of my sims went exploring and realized there is no way for them to go to restrooms.

Did EA think of that? Since we honestly can't click anywhere and tell the 2 guys to just pee. I hope the only solution is not to have them pee their pants and then use shower-in-a-can to clean up. That may work, but .... isn't that a bit gross?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 2:58 AM
Do you have a mod that overrides EA's native tomb-exploration programming? In an unmodded game, Sims' bladder needs will not decay if they are not on a lot with an available toilet.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Do you have a mod that overrides EA's native tomb-exploration programming? In an unmodded game, Sims' bladder needs will not decay if they are not on a lot with an available toilet.

Hmmm, I am using AwesomeMod and MasterController, I don't think any of these modify tombs.

transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 3:33 AM
Please go to MATY to familiarize yourself with the many configuration options for Awesomemod.
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 3:35 AM
No bladder need decay on tomb lots without toilets? I didn't know that.

However, some tombs lots do have toilets.

Therefore, before sending your sim to a WA destination, you should probably get the Steel Bladder LTR for them.

In fact, there's a few other suggestions on what to do before going to a WA destination:

- Get the highest charisma skill you can. Higher the better. If you don't, some quests will take much longer to complete.
- Get the Steel Bladder LTR.
- Get the Attractive LTR. Helps make some quests easier.
- Get the Athletic skill as high as you can.

- Vampirism helps. Remember, they never get fatigued, have faster skill gain, and can run extra fast. This means they can master the Martial Arts skill very quickly (remember, no fatigue). But if you do this, don't buy any dried food for them. Buy Plasma fruit instead (it's available at the Food store/Cafe if you forgot to buy some).

Entering a tent, even outside WILL shield them from the sun.

- Don't bother visiting France or Egypt until you obtain Pangu's Axe from China. You would also want to get the martial arts and athletic skills to level 10 before visiting Egypt.

I nearly forgot, but here's a few more things. If your sim doesn't live alone, then if one sim gets Visa Level 3 and buys a vacation house, other sims in that household can use that house as well. Those other sims don't need a Visa Level of 3 to use it. In early patch levels, at least one in the travel party needed a Visa Level of 3 to use a vacation house, but this was fixed in some later patch level.

Also, it can be worthwhile to have your sim make friends with fellow explorers. They live in the other WA destinations, and could be involved with quests in those locations.

If you don't have a grocery store mod installed, then you will want to buy a lot of pomegranates when visiting Egypt. Some French quest asks you to provide some.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BenC0722
No bladder need decay on tomb lots without toilets? I didn't know that.

No bladder decay on community lots without toilets, including tombs.
Instructor
#7 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 3:45 AM

Interesting. I never noticed that before.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 7:55 AM
There are two exception that I've noticed so far, however. Having a drink at the Bistro or Diner will decrease the bladder motive regardless of whether there's a toilet or not and, most noticeable, drinks from a LN bar will, too. My townies learned the latter the hard and embarassing way . I wouldn't be surprised therefore if the same is true for nectaries.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
There are two exception that I've noticed so far, however. Having a drink at the Bistro or Diner will decrease the bladder motive regardless of whether there's a toilet or not and, most noticeable, drinks from a LN bar will, too. My townies learned the latter the hard and embarassing way . I wouldn't be surprised therefore if the same is true for nectaries.

Most bars have restroom though. So bladder will decay. Also, I am not too surprised if your bladder takes a hit on taking drinks, but it has little to do with bladder decay (your bladder will get worse slowly through time all by itself until you need to use the restroom).

Yes I just learned that EA doesn't let bladder decay on community lot without bathroom. AwesomeMod has bathroom decay set to On for every place, it has something to do with forcing sims not to stay in 1 place for too long, not sure how it worked out.

#10 Old 13th May 2011 at 2:58 AM
I think that if you go so far as to use Awesome and MC, you may as well use the testingcheatsenabled trick and drag the bladder bar up when madame bathroom calls.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#11 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Now one of the quest provider in France suggested I prepare with tents and dried food. I also got shower in a can. Now, 2 of my sims went exploring and realized there is no way for them to go to restrooms.
Yeah, it makes you wonder how Lara Croft and Indiana Jones handle this.

Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
I hope the only solution is not to have them pee their pants and then use shower-in-a-can to clean up. That may work, but .... isn't that a bit gross?
Short of leaving, yeah, that's the only solution EA offers.

Unfortunately, not all tombs are community lots, and some of them have "overhead" community lots that DO have terlets on them, or have terlets deep in the bowels of the tomb, turning it into a race. As a rule, for people not playing AwesomeMod, never install a terlet on a community lot for this reason. Anyone who installs bathrooms on a community lot intended for public non-AwesomeMod-equipped use is Doing It Wrong.

Having a drink at the Bistro or Diner will decrease the bladder motive regardless of whether there's a toilet or not and, most noticeable, drinks from a LN bar will, too.
That is Drain, not Decay. Decay is the natural decrease over time of motives, Drain is what happens when you take an action that actually decreases them outside of Decay.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 7:18 PM
This game really needs porta-potty in a can. My sims have never soiled themselves in tombs (I now know why ) but I have never worried over it. As long as one has that shower in a can, and then have them soil themselves go hand in hand actually.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:23 AM Last edited by tomomi1922 : 6th Jun 2011 at 10:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Stina1701-D
This game really needs porta-potty in a can. My sims have never soiled themselves in tombs (I now know why ) but I have never worried over it. As long as one has that shower in a can, and then have them soil themselves go hand in hand actually.

Well, if you are careful with what you do with AwesomeMod, you actually should not have any problem in game in regard to this. I just found out that EA default allows no bladder decay on community lot with no terlet through this topic. So yeah, as long as you don't drink/eat, your bladder will stay the same for the next 10 years (but you will starve to death, so you won't actually last 10 years). Now is this realistic? Not really, but it is practical in game, unless you prefer seeing sims pee themselves. I guess the problem is while it is easy to make a rabbit hole called tents, and animation for "shower in a can", it is not easy to make "bathroom tent". There is no "portable" bathroom to carry about IRL. And maybe "find a bush" interaction is a bit too crude for EA. And sometimes being "exploited" the wrong way that you see sims on city street .... finding a bush to take care of business. Maybe because of that they decided to "forget it, just make no bladder decay".

I have been a camper, and I had military training before. What we would do is .. either to "find a bush" and "use shovel to dig a hole" if we want to quickly do business while on the move. But it is extremely inconvenient for female as I have found out. For camp site, we actually dig a much bigger trend and build a tent around it for privacy. And if we are there to ever stay long enough, and have enough people, we may consider using the Vietnam war era "shit can" barrel: cut an oil barrel in half, have it be the feces container, and pour oil in to burn daily. Of course, most camping groups just drag out those portable restroom stall like we see often at construction sites, or there are already public restroom around campsites. There isn't much opportunity to truly venturing out the true wilderness anymore. And this is where being a man is a lot more convenient than being a woman. While it doesn't seem like much, but a woman's privacy is truly endangered on a month long camping trips. One of the mountain climbing club I used to go out with now set some very ... ridiculous rules and fines, including threatening to persecute peeping toms in court to help controlling the "peeping tom" activities as well as ensuring safety for female members. This is California, most members are college grads as well, not some ... whatever lowlife people either.

Well, enough outside reference. So if you have AwesomeMod, make sure to turn off Bladder Decay on community lot. Not sure if it is off by default, but go check.

Scholar
#14 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:50 AM
If you have Awesomemod, and you are on a community lot with a toilet that is to far away to make it there on time, just use the MaxMotives cheat, cause unless you are playing legacy style using that cheat is usually not off limits.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 2:07 AM
Well, you could probably just let the sims pee themselves and then use the shower in a can. I never really thought about it because I cheat a lot. :/
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SmexySims2
Well, you could probably just let the sims pee themselves and then use the shower in a can. I never really thought about it because I cheat a lot. :/

Before I post this topic, that's what I would imagine using. It sounds a bit ... dirty. But like you, I have no problem with adjusting their need bars manually via testingcheatsenabled. I just feel there is a more legit way to deal with it.

Basically a recap of what had been said in this thread:
- Make sure bladder decay is turned off in AwesomeMod.
- Bladder won't decay on lots without restroom.

Which essentially eliminates any concern here, maybe beside the "realism" part that sims don't need to pee in dungeon. A small non technical concern.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 8:09 AM
well i just let them pee themselves..after all in real life thats exactly what would happen...i always assumed that that is how its supposed to be done to be honest.
there is something about cheating in WA that i don't like.
#18 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 1:41 PM
Well, in real life I'd just pee into a corner before I peed myself. Is this also considered cheating ?
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#19 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 1:58 PM
Well, in real life I'd just pee into a corner before I peed myself. Is this also considered cheating ?
Well, apparently, you don't live in Simlandia. In Simlandia, places apparently are infested with small horrible creatures that will leap up your urethra and cause you horrible pain and death, like the Dreaded Candiru. So now you know why a sim would rather piss its pants than simply pee in some corner.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
#20 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 2:19 PM
the distinct lack of bladder control currently being exhibited around here is nothing short of shocking ....
#21 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Well, apparently, you don't live in Simlandia. In Simlandia, places apparently are infested with small horrible creatures that will leap up your urethra and cause you horrible pain and death, like the Dreaded Candiru. So now you know why a sim would rather piss its pants than simply pee in some corner.
Oh, I didn't know that fish can make the moldy stones of pyramids their habitat AND that they can leap that high. Glad that I do not live in Simlandia.
#22 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 3:37 PM
Oh, I didn't know that fish can make the moldy stones of pyramids their habitat AND that they can leap that high. Glad that I do not live in Simlandia.

meh, you can live anywhere if you have the right underpants ... apparently.
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 11:51 PM
use moveobjectson and take them out of it ..........
Test Subject
#24 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 9:23 PM
In Egypt, I'll send my Anglers up to the open cabin past the copper mine. It's handy that the bed and shower are usable, but the toilet is inside that locked (because you don't own it) room. Because there is a toilet on the lot, their bladder depreciates as normal, but they can't use the toilet. They get to a point were they need to go, stop fishing till they wet themselves (takes a very long time), shower and start fishing again. I've taken to dragging the bladder motive down to force them to wet themselves to save time.

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Yeah, it makes you wonder how Lara Croft and Indiana Jones handle this.

Can't speak for Ms. Croft, but why do you think the snakes are so hostile to Doctor Jones?

Sims are better than us.
Page 1 of 2