Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 5:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Not sure if this could cause corruption
I´ve been playing Tarlia´s Uberhood for sometime, but after ten round it didn´t work anymore. After that I started finding out the things that cause corruption to the game. I started a fresh new game and when I was nearly finishing, I place a house and move a family. For my surprise, there were five days left to the end of the season, and when I enter any other lot, it´s only one left. It was a downloaded house. I´ve moved the family out and deleted the house, would it be safe to play? I also made another mistake. I usually add some families to the hood, made by me. I´m not really sure why, the family mod of insim was packed with them. The family was made in my game and never met anybody, packed in a lot without a house and packaged. Can any of these by dangerous? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 5:30 PM
The thing with not starting on the same day of the season as those around them is something that happens all the time with me. Don't know what causes it.

The family packaged in a lot is not safe to place in a neighborhood unless the neighborhood it was made and packaged in was 100% empty except for this family - no NPCs besides the Universals, no other playables, nobody. If you want to make your own family bin families, you'll need to make custom subhood templates, following this tutorial: http://modthesims.info/t/420196 . Then you can add the subhoods to any main hood you like, and then delete them, leaving the families behind in the family bin.

The only safe place to package a sim is bodyshop. Bodyshop clones are just shells, without character data, so when you package them up you're not shredding anything. You package them in bodyshop, exit, unpack the Sims2 pack, open the game, open CAS, and look in the sim bin - the place where premade sims you can move into CAS and assign aspirations etc. to are located.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 12:49 PM
Thank you Peni, I finally decided to start from scratch again and create the families in the very same neighborhood they are going to live.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 1:53 PM
Some of the Maxis hoods ship with households on different days of the week and in different seasons from each other. I know they come pre-corrupted, but still... it doesn't seem to harm anything other than that the weather you see in the neighbourhood view will match that of the last played/saved household, which isn't necessarily the same as the other households.

The game doesn't know about rotational play so picks its own start point for a newly moved in Sim/family. If you want to adjust that to match all the others, it's possible. I use Neder's day setter to set the correct day of week, and the Simwardrobe Seasons & Weather Controller to set the correct season, and then the number of days left in season.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
If you want to adjust that to match all the others, it's possible. I use Neder's day setter to set the correct day of week, and the Simwardrobe Seasons & Weather Controller to set the correct season, and then the number of days left in season.

You can also use the Sim Manipulator for all of the above as well as setting time of day. (I had to use it somewhat recently when I'd miss-clicked and move a family out of their home; I moved them back in, but I wanted it to be the same time of day/week/season it had been before my mistake, and Sim Manipulator let me set it all exactly how I wanted.)