Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2023 at 10:19 PM
Default Adding/resurrecting ghost Without Opportunity Popping?
So right now, I'm only playing with WA expansion pack, and I wanna resurrect, or very least, add a dead Sim to the household (as I was close to completing their LTW). Problem is - the Science lab opportunity ain't popping, and I don't wanna cheat just to get the ghost in. I know you can theorically talk one in to move in, but I remember ghost tend to vanish back into their grave and their relationship efforts are reset down to zero. Is there any way I achieve this, like force-triggering the lifetime opportunity (can't seem to find it on mastercontrol) or a trick to do this?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2023 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Is there any way I achieve this, like force-triggering the lifetime opportunity (can't seem to find it on mastercontrol) or a trick to do this?

"Oh my ghost" never triggers when you need it. It should be in Master controller under basic > opportunity by category > celebrity (along with the ones like the eating contest). I'm not sure if there are other triggers 'Oh my ghost' needs (like the ghost has to be of someone that was a friend) since I've only ever had it pop up 2 or 3 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2023 at 10:50 AM
Oh, maybe I missed it because of the category. Bever thought of looking it (not sure if I even saw it), but is tied with charisma which is why its apart of it?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2023 at 9:41 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 23rd Dec 2023 at 10:21 PM.
Ok, nevermind. It still doesn’t slpear as an option under that category. Help?

ETA: ok, solved it. Kinda cheat it through to get it: installed debug enabler, spawned the ghost, then nraas relationship to be parent (which was lost when I messed around with nraas earlier before this) and change their relationship to be friends. Then I could call out the generate the opportunity.

Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2023 at 9:57 PM
As far as I can tell "celebrity" is just the category for opportunities that aren't a career, a skill, an adventure, or one of the university ones. It's got everything from the eating contests and amateur Olympics, to the actual Late Night celebrity opportunities, to the after school ceremonies from Generation.

Another option would be to use Nraas' Debug Enabler directly on the tombstone. It will give debug commands for spawning the ghost, creating the sim as a playable ghost, and resurrecting the sim entirely. Picking 'playable ghost' automatically adds them to the active household (like the 'oh my ghost' opportunity). Resurrecting the sim makes them alive but classified as one of the "out of town" NPCs (like for the various registers) so you'd still need a way to get them into the house.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2023 at 10:23 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 24th Dec 2023 at 2:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
As far as I can tell "celebrity" is just the category for opportunities that aren't a career, a skill, an adventure, or one of the university ones. It's got everything from the eating contests and amateur Olympics, to the actual Late Night celebrity opportunities, to the after school ceremonies from Generation.

Another option would be to use Nraas' Debug Enabler directly on the tombstone. It will give debug commands for spawning the ghost, creating the sim as a playable ghost, and resurrecting the sim entirely. Picking 'playable ghost' automatically adds them to the active household (like the 'oh my ghost' opportunity). Resurrecting the sim makes them alive but classified as one of the "out of town" NPCs (like for the various registers) so you'd still need a way to get them into the house.

Oh, but I sorted it out after I searched in other threads debug enabling being mentioned. So I summoned him, but instead of instantly adding them, mastercontrol clicked on the ghost to make him friends with her daughter, then the opportunity was available for me to manually trigger it. Thanks nontheless