Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 3:11 PM
Default No Auto Trash Talking Mod
I want to make a mod that stops flirty female sims from talking trash when they are flirty. I don't know about anyone else's game but in mine the females start talking trash as soon as they get flirty emotion. After some observation, you can tell the rest of the town hates trash talking sims. The males seem to have control over trash talking but the females don't. It's like they don't even have control over their own trash talk. And they are pretty much ruining the game for me. No one wants to marry the female sims because of this problem. So my town is full of singles with family trait that won't get married.

So since i haven't seen this type of mod even mentioned out in the community, i need to make one myself. I'll look over the tutorials but is there any advice anyone can give. I'm a total noob when it comes to modding, so is such a mod like this even possible?

Thanks for any input. Best regards.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 3:20 PM
Can you be more specific what you mean by "trash talking"? I don't remember seeing an interaction called "Talk Trash" in my game o.O

When you know the string/s that is used by the animation (is it something that can be selected by the user too? Like "Romantic .. > Talk Trash"?), it shouldn't be hard to find them in the XML. Then you could turn off autonomy, if that would help.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Can you be more specific what you mean by "trash talking"? I don't remember seeing an interaction called "Talk Trash" in my game o.O

When you know the string/s that is used by the animation (is it something that can be selected by the user too? Like "Romantic .. > Talk Trash"?), it shouldn't be hard to find them in the XML. Then you could turn off autonomy, if that would help.

Sorry about not being more specific as i see your point. It's a phrase i derived from long observations of the sims talking in groups. I'll just try to use an example of what i mean by trash talking.

First, i got the phrase trash talk because when say a female sim starts talking trashy, other sims in the group will start getting chat bubbles with a trash can and no symbol. It happens several times as the flirty female sim is talking other sims will leave the group. And now it's to the point if a female is talking trash which all of mine do when they get flirty, no sim wants to group with her.

When the female sim starts talking in a trashy way, you can tell because her voice and body movements become very sensual. It's really become a nuisance. Now i use a cheat to keep them from getting flirty which kind of sucks since i haven't been able to control what the sim is saying in a group when they get flirty.

This is all an assumption and that after many hours of observation that the sims are talking trashy when they get flirty. And it's the females that are out of control. There doesn't seem to be a problem with males. At least that's what's happening in my game.