Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 6:59 PM Last edited by varpunen : 11th Oct 2016 at 11:18 AM.
Default Modded object problem (Solved)
Hi, guys. I ran into a small problem. I found this perfect fishing trawler for my town and enabled it for caw. I also edited it a bit to get rid of the boat's name. Now, the boat shows up fine in caw and without the name - as it should - but when I go into EIG, the name is suddenly there. And yes, I have the very same edited file in both Package -folders and I removed the cache files... several times. Here's a pic...

Am I doing something wrong?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 8:56 PM
For the boats, could be a cache issue. Have you deleted the worldcaches folder?

Not sure on the water tower- is it completely gone, or just not visible from a distance? Is it there if you save in EIG and then exit back to CAW?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
For the boats, could be a cache issue. Have you deleted the worldcaches folder?

Not sure on the water tower- is it completely gone, or just not visible from a distance? Is it there if you save in EIG and then exit back to CAW?

Hi. The water tower somehow fixed itself. After a couple of reloads it showed up in eig and stayed, so it was probably some kind of glitch.

When it comes to the boat... Now I feel so incredibly silly for bothering everyone with it. I woke up a few hours ago and decided to try one more time. I completely removed the boats if caw, saved the world and exited. Then I removed the all possible cache files yet again from both the game and caw folders (yes, I did that before also). Then I went back to caw, replaced the boats and opened EIG. The name is gone. I don't what happened but this fifth... or was it sixth time... did the job. I guess I just should've been more persistent yesterday. I can't believe how oddly this program behaves sometimes. But thank you for reading my post anyway.