Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#1201 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 8:31 AM
Default Dr Josh with Ginger: Saloon
((OOC I was thinking of holding it he night after this one to give them both chance to spread the word. But I'm more than happy to wait until the adventure is over. Perhaps the following night?))

"Well, I guess you can say this is my Mexico. My family wanted me to marry a man that I didnt want. He was old and mean and didnt care a lick about me. It was all for money. I great profit for either side. So I ran and ended up here. I had no intention of marring a man I did not love." Ginger let out a sigh and picked up the glass again. Her smile had faded. "What about you, how did you end up here?"

Dr Josh
took another large swig of ale as he listened to Ginger the slightest concerned frown appearing across his face. Ginger looked so sorrowful, too much strain in the eyes for one so young. He was a believer on marrying for love. Like he had done, all those years ago to his dearest Mary. The girl who had been the jewel within his life, her sweet smile and kind eyes had softened his heart and quickiened his pulse. She looked so sorrowful, like it was a lead weight bearing her down.

"I was informed that the position had become vacant. Wanted to get out of the city. Have a quieter life." Dr Josh replied giving his usual curtuous reply. But then his smile softened growing as miserable as Ginger's own. "I could not stay, after...after." His voice faltered as his mind was drowned by remembrance. "after Mary passed away. Tumbleweed offered a refuge, a small community where I could practice my love of medicine. I only came for a year, but when Jeanne moved in it became permanant. My own little corner of the world." His smile brightened with effort. Many nights he had spent drowning his remorse, and time had passed, slowly the wounds begining to heal. Until Mary was just a dull ache in his heart, a ghost that apperared now only occassionally, to haunt his memories with joy and sorrow.

Another long swig of the ale and the jug was drained. Dr Josh pushed it towards her, a sombre look on his face. "Another methinks, before I must go on my way." His tone indicated he did not wish to argue the sense of having another before surgery. Right now he was a man that needed his drink.
Advertisement
#1202 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 6:04 PM
"I was informed that the position had become vacant. Wanted to get out of the city. Have a quieter life." Ginger wiped glasses as he spoke. When she looked at him, he had such sorrow in his eyes. Not a look he gave her when she spoke, that was saffness for her, but he had saddness for himself. Some black hole in his heart that nothing could fill. His smile eased to a miserable frown like her own. The aura around them felt so sad.

"I could not stay, after...after." His voice faltered as his mind was drowned by remembrance. "after Mary passed away. Tumbleweed offered a refuge, a small community where I could practice my love of medicine. I only came for a year, but when Jeanne moved in it became permanant. My own little corner of the world."

Gingers heart sank. She had ran away to find love, only to get into a situation where she would never find it. It it weighed her down. But the Doc had found it. He found the one thing Ginger longed for and it was taken away from him. How could he bear it. She wanted to cry for him. Her heart screamed because of his hurt. He had put on a fake smile, and it eased her in no way. She looked down at the mug she was holding. She couldnt look at the pain on his face. She was going to cry if she did. He pushed his mug toward her.

"Another methinks, before I must go on my way."

She took it with out looking at him. She didnt know what to say. She was filling it with more beer when she realized her hands where shaking the tiniest bit. SHe steadied herself and gave the refilled glass back to him.

"Well Doc, it seems we both have a black hole in us that seems nothing can fill. I am sorry for your loss." She put the mug she had cleaned away and took another out and started wiping. Tryin not to look at him. She figured the last thing he wanted to see was pain on her face.
Original Poster
#1203 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 3:07 PM
((OOC: veldagia- Why don't we go ahead and have the dinner party the next night as you had originally planned.))

It's afternoon now lovely citizens of Tumbleweed!
#1204 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 10:29 PM
Default Dr Josh $ Ginger: Saloon - Jeanne and Katherine: General Store
Dr Josh

"Well Doc, it seems we both have a black hole in us that seems nothing can fill. I am sorry for your loss." Ginger put the mug she had cleaned away and took another out and started wiping.

Dr Josh gave her a dismal smile that barely reached the pale blue orbs. Ginger really was such a kind and generous soul. Her words and the sorrowful eyes filled with a compassion which was very touching. Most people were too absorbed in their own affairs to really listen to another. Maybe tha was wha had drawn her to the vocation of a saloon girl. They heard out the weary drunken tales of many men, day after day, observing as sorrows were drowned. Providing entertainment for the jaded soul..

He took a great gulp from the refilled glass. He really should get going. Head back to the surgery before Jeanne or one of her busybody friends realised where he'd disappeared off to. But there was something he had wanted to do before leaving. A reason he had hoped to see the sweet saloon girl.

"Ginger uhm.." Dr Josh began not sure of the correct words. "Uhm are you working tomorrow night? Its just, well...uhm I. well...Jeanne is holding a dinner party tomorrow night. AndI uhm,, was wondering if you,,,well if you'd like to go... With me." His pale blue eyes stared into his drink, thinking of all the reasons that she could turn him down. She could be working or washing those beautiful long tresses or just have well anything better to do than attend a fuddy dinner with himself.

Jeanne

'That sounds just lovely Jeanne. I'd be thrilled to help" Katherine replied, 'And I'm certain my husband would love to come if hes home in time. Although he'll most likely spend the evening hidden away with the good doctor talking about shooting and horses and all those other things men can never seem to talk enough about". Katherine laughed slightly, and pointed down the street to her house.

"I'll just go get a few things and change into something a little more suited to cooking and I'll be right over" she said, looking over at Jeanne "Is that allright"?

"That would be just wonderful." Jeanne replied nodding aprrovingly towards Katherine. "I have a few items to purchase but then I'm going to head home and start the preparing. You are most welcome to join me."

Jeanne absolutly delighted in the thought of having some company for the afternoon. Someone to chat with whilst cooking, to share and exchange tales. She enjoyed the art of creating beautiful food. The kneeding of dough was relaxing, the mixing of ingredients invigerating. And the look of pure joy which lighted someone's face when they tasted one of her family recipies was a gift sent from heavon.

"The Dr will be so pleased when I tell him that your husband will be joining us." Jeanne said smiling knowingly. Certainly sharing some company with Katherine's husband would do Josh the world of good. It would be most favourable to have him associate with a repectable man rather than one of the flock which frequented the saloon.

Jeanne could only hope that seeing the happily married couple together might just convince the Dr that now was the time to give up his ghosts and find a respectable young lady. Perhaps one who sought to fill her free time as a baker or schoolteacher. Although once the children came along she would hardly have time for another pursuit. He needed a good woman to take care of him as Jeanne was no spring chicken. Indeed the nurse's duties had already begun to take their strain on her old joints. It was about time that he moved on and looked towards settling down with a nice little wife before he got just too set in his ways.

((OOC tomorrow night it is then. Thanks Shenanigans,
Every character's invited. But only have to turn up if you want If I don't have chance to directly get Josh or Jeanne to invite anyone in RP please assume that one of Jeanne's notes reached your character. ))
#1205 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 12:55 AM
Ginger cleaned the glass trying to avoid Dr. Joshs gaze. Though she had a feeling he wasnt looking at her.
There was a breif silence before the hestarted talking again.

"Ginger uhm.."

Ginger tryed to get herself together. She didnt want to look up and the he see her a total mess inside.When she lifted her head she saw him staring into his glass as if he was searching for words. Almost like he was nervous for some reason. Which was mind boggeling to her.

"Uhm are you working tomorrow night? Its just, well...uhm I. well...Jeanne is holding a dinner party tomorrow night. AndI uhm,, was wondering if you,,,well if you'd like to go... With me."

Ginger was shocked. What he asked just kept repeating in her head, like she wasnt understanding it. She wouldnt be surprised if her skin had paled to grey. He was asking her, a saloon girl, to occumpany him to a dinner party. She couldnt believe it and didnt exspect it. Any girl in this town would have went with him if he asked. She stood there and gazed at him, unsure of what to say. When it finally hit her and sunk in a shy smile spread on her lips. She had never ben asked that before. The way she grew up a man wasnt aloud near her. No man had even asked her for a walk. She had never even touched a man until she came to Tumbleweed.

"I....yeah." her hands were shaking from being so nervous. She cocked her head to the side and a smile came to her lips as she blushed from the reality of it all. " That would be...great" she said still kind of shell shocked but she felt happy.
"Are you sure you want me to go with you?" The question slipped out of her mouth before she could catch them." It isnt that I dont want to. I would like to go with you... You dont care about what I do?" She couldnt hold the question back. It was something she had to know. Of all the women in Tumbleweed, she wasnt the prettiest or had the best of repuation. She pleasured men for a living. Him seen with her wouldnt exactally look good on his part. But she hoped he didnt care. She didnt want to be thought of as a saloon girl, but as a person. Not just someone a man came to when he needed a good time.
Forum Resident
#1206 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 6:01 AM
((Checking on everyone, should we do role call? lol, i know it's been busy, and going to get busier with christmas around the corner, i was just wondering where we were at. :D))

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Scholar
#1207 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 6:07 AM
OOC: Present and reporting for duty :P

Though am currently in the jaws of the Christmas/Final Exam monster...

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#1208 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 3:05 PM
(((ooc: Yeah, I'm here too. I'm just having a really hard time connecting with Calista and Joseph both. *sigh*)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Original Poster
#1209 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 7:08 PM
((Here! Well, kind of. Yeah, distracted too. I don't want to push the days too fast for the characters, so I guess we're going at a snail's pace regarding RPs. ))
Test Subject
#1210 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 7:19 PM
((Here. Just haven't been around much. But I'll be back soon!))
#1211 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 7:06 PM
Default Dr Josh with Ginger - The Saloon
((OOC I'm still here just been a bit busier latley))

"....yeah." Ginger replied " That would be...great"

Dr Josh noticed Ginger looked a little suprised to be asked. The expression that had graced her face could almost be considered shyness before it turned more joyous. Which struck him as strange, surely a girl as pretty as her, and especially in her line of work, received propositions from men everyday. Even if they were usuallly drunken cowboys requesting a saloon girls hand in marriage after the time of their lives.

"Are you sure you want me to go with you?" She asked." It isnt that I dont want to. I would like to go with you... You dont care about what I do?"

Now it was Dr Josh's turn to look a little startled. Why would he ask if he did not wish her to be present? He wasn't a man to be playing games, in fact his straightness and honesty had got him in trouble before. But he had to see the logic in her words. Sure tounges would wag about her occupotion. Jeanne and her friends would no doubt absolutly disaaprove, as venamently as they disapproved of his frequent visits to the saloon. But it did not matter to him, in fact he rather enjoyed watching them all get into a tizzle about what was good and rightous. What a man of his occupation should and should not be doing really didn't mean a damn to him. What mattered was kindness and honesty of the heart (although financial matters didn't count one aota in that department).

He gave a firm nod of his head, hiding the fact that her question made him a little offended. It implied he did not know what he was doing, perhaps even that he could not hold his ale and was prone towards fancifal ideas under the influence. And he certainly was not drunk, just had a little lubrication of the mind and soul to ease himself into the day's grueling surgery.

"The whole town is practicly invited. I am entitled to bring a guest of my choice." Dr Josh replied dismissing Ginger's question in his huff. Then he continued detirminely storming on with his plans. "So if that is settled I will pick you up from here before dinner tomorrow."

Retrieving his hat from the bar Dr Josh tipped it towards Ginger as he pulled it back onto his head. As much as he would love to linger, a few moments longer and Jeanne would get suspicious of his wherabouts.
Original Poster
#1212 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 4:39 PM
Default Harold - Saloon
It's night time in TW now.

It’s been 11 days since afternoon has been called. So even though there isn’t much action, I figured it was long enough to go into evening.

Harold had spent the whole day once again waiting for that darned stagecoach to show up. Once again, he had wasted his time. Now that it was dark his friend and traveling companions had no doubt set up camp. The uneasiness and dread that settled over him regarding the whole situation was starting to get on his nerves. So he’d do as any man in his position would do, he headed towards the Saloon to play a round of cards and get himself a drink.

As he entered he nodded to the pretty lady behind the bar. “Can I get a shot of whiskey?” As the woman was getting his drink he surveyed the room. There didn’t seem to be a lot of action going on tonight, or maybe he was just early.

After he downed his drink, he headed to the poker table. Winning a couple hands always made him feel better.
Test Subject
#1213 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 4:48 PM
Cristen saddled up hi horse, and headed down to the saloon. He went ip to the bar, and ordered awhisky. He downed it in one, he looked round, and headed to the poker table.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#1214 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 6:04 PM
Default Joseph
Returning home that evening, young Joseph was exhausted. He couldn't remember the last time he'd been so tired. Possibly because he'd never been quite that tired before. Raised as the youngest son in a wealthy family, spoilt rotten by everyone around him, Joseph had never really had to do any hard labour. Unless he wanted to, of course. And most of the time, he'd found other things to occupy his time.
And so working for the sheriff had turned out to be... Well, let's just say it wasn't really how Joseph had pictured it.

But, somewhere along the way, he'd gotten suspicious. Long before noon, actually. He knew this wasn't how Billy spent the majority of his days; cleaning stables and playing the good samaritan, listening to old man McGee tell the same story over and over again, help carrying Mrs Niedermayer's groceries home from the general store, or the local drunk to throw up behind the saloon. Doing anything and everything a sheriff didn't do. At least not to this extent. Joseph had watched Billy, he knew the man was no knight in shining armor, coming to the dire rescue of anyone who simply happened to be bored.
There was something fishy going on. Joseph just couldn't figure out what it was. He couldn't for the life of him think of a reason why Billy would agree to have him tag along, if he didn't want to.
By the end of the day, not having said one word of complaint but only gritted his teeth and done what he'd been told, Joseph had come to the conclusion that it was a test. A test of how capable he was, how patient he was, how strongwilled he was, and how serious he had been about helping Billy out.
Well, Joseph would show him. He was now more determined than ever to be of use to the sheriff. Some real use, and not just a boy... correction; a young man, doing women's chores.

"I'm home", he muttered after dragging himself up the few wooden steps of the Hamilton residence, and kicked the front door shut behind him.

(((ooc: Calista coming later, hopefully.)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#1215 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 7:07 PM
It was a slow afternoon in the Saloon. Most of them regualrs. After Dr. Josh left more people came in, which helped take her mind off of tomorrow. She was nervous about the dinner. She had never been out to something like that since she had been in Tumbleweed. It felt as though it wasnt right to go to something like that seeing what her occupation was. But maybe it wasnt going to be that bad. It was probably all in her head. Ginger shook off the nerves and sighed.

Buisness picked up as the night came. Ginger was making her rounds serving drinks and wiping spilled whiskey off the tables and bar. Smiling and pretending to be as happy as she could when the men grabbed her and patted her butt. None had actually asked for her services yet, but she could see one of them asking tonight. Gringed at the thought. But it was her job and she was known to do it well. She was paid good and that is all that mattered at the moment.

She was at the bar when Harold came in and ordered a drink. She gave it to him and then he strolled off to the poker table, which Ginger figured he would do. Not to long after that Christen came in and did the same as Harold. While wiping the bar, she watched the poker table. It was a tight came and she couldnt help but wounder who would win. Poker was never her game, actually she had never even played it. Many of times she watched the men play. It wasnt of choice usually, mostly it was becasue a man was holding on to her for dear life. Like saying she was his for the night. It always angered her when the men did that. Exspecially ones she knew was going to have to grinde her teeth to please.

She went off for rounds again, trying to put the thought out of her head.
Scholar
#1216 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 11:26 PM
Default Katherine-Eugenie: The Good Gang Leader
"I heard you Joseph, don't kick my door" said Katherine, currently in the kitchen with Emily-Rose. She had spent the majority of the day with Jeanne, preparing for the dinner tomorrow night. She had enjoyed spending the time with her, and was looking forward to the dinner. Right now she was sliding an apple pie out of the oven and placing it on the table to cool.

"Why don't you come in and tell me how your day went" she called, watching Joesph shuffle into the kitchen "Then we can have some of this pie. Jeanne gave me some pointers so it should be delicious".

"Yeah, I wanna hear about it too Uncle Joey" said Emily-Rose, grinning up at him "Did you get to run around and shoot bad guys".

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#1217 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 6:56 PM
Default Joseph & Katherine
"I heard you Joseph", came his sister's voice from the kitchen, and he started heading in that direction. "Don't kick my door."

Her younger brother grimaced to himself. He was cranky, and would kick her door as much as he damned well pleased. At least, those were the thoughts in his head, though he didn't dare to actually utter them out loud. Because contrary to popular belief, there were a few people he respected. Or rather, one person. And that was Katherine. Even though he knew she would never actually hurt him, she had a way like no other to make him feel guilty about behaving badly. Some of the time. And while it didn't happen often enough for him to actually and permanently change his ways, it was far more than anyone else could hope for. With maybe the exception of Billy, who would perhaps be able to control the boy. If he'd only stop giving him chores to do, instead of some real sheriff's work.

"Why don't you come in and tell me how your day went", Katherine added as he strolled into the kitchen.

On the way, he had caught the aroma of freshly baked pie, and all of a sudden it seemed his day was looking up. He was tired and irritable, but the sweet smell of that pie worked wonders. He even managed a faint but quite satisfied smile as he sat down, greedily eyeing the baked food as Katherine put it down to cool a bit.
His niece, however, soon managed to wipe away that smile, and the feelings that had caused it.

"Yeah, I wanna hear about it too Uncle Joey", the girl said, looking at him with a big, excited grin on her pretty face. "Did you get to run around and shoot bad guys?"

Instantly reminded that shooting bad guys seemed as distant as taking a trip around the world, Joseph glared at her, before shifting his eyes to Katherine and then the table surface, with a disgruntled frown.

"It was fine", he muttered, clearly indicating it had been anything but.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~

Page 49 of 49