Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 1:21 AM
Gossip Girl - Roleplay closed for time being
[[ OOC: heres a link for a brief of gossip girl, etc -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Y113DFqqY
IF YOU DONT GET ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ROLEPLAY AND YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE, WELL PM ME.. i answer any message i get straight away .. thanks
LilAmy07 is co hosting this with me =D

APPLICATIONS AT BOTTOM OF PAGE -- THIS IS A FREE FORM RP

Welcome to Gossip Girl! .. The site ABOUT the Upper East Side, FOR the Upper East Side and BY the Upper East Side
You may live privileged lives, but someone amongst your group of friends is always busy blogging about your dirty little secrets (on gossip girl blog down below) - the problem is you don't know who has been betraying you. Could it be a familiar face or even an old friend.
The rumours are true, most of the time anyway, the site that exposes the lifes of Manhatten's Upper East Side, an the outsiders that want in.

(basically: Gossip Girl revolves around the privileged prep school teens on Manhattan's Upper East Side and the anonymous blogger, Gossip Girl, who provides them with the latest rumors about their highly exclusive inner circle)

You simply live your everyday lives in New York. Whether your from the Upper East Side (UES) or Brooklyn, theres no secrets with Gossip Girl, or is there. Thats for you to decide. Your life could consist on partying, meals, sleepovers, boyfriends, girlfriends, school, shopping, trying to fit in with the IT crowd, creating another group of friends (to try an be popular, etc), arguing, etc. Its again for you to decide.
You can post your own invatation to host a party, sleepover, dance, etc .. just pm me first if you wish to do so. You can choose who to invite and wh not too.

Who am i you ask? .. well my fellow gossip-ees thats a secret i'll never tell xoxo gossip girl

The Gossip Girl Blog

If you wish to send any gossip to gossip girl's blog to stirr things up, cause trouble or to simply give details of any particular reason then just pm me jcardy. Then the gossip will be revealed shortly after.
Could this blog turn your friends against you, ruin your reputation or completely the opposite. Who knows?

OR

gossip girl will txt you from her blog:
heres an example

Upper East Side:
*Starbucks Coffee Shop
*Central Park
*Bersage Hotel - can live there if you want - luxury apartments, etc
*Leisure and activity center - pools, yoga, gym, spa
*Hair Salon
*Several designer shops - YOU CAN IMAGINE IT .. SUITS, GADGETS, BAGS, DRESSES, ETC, UNISEX
*Seleisha Vander Woodsen's shop - designer clothes
*Rooftops - parties, etc
*Hayden's penthouse - only aloud there if invited by me
*Any other characters home - only aloud there if invited by character

Brooklyn:
*Art Gallery
*Starbucks Coffee Shop
*Central Park
*Any other Brooklyn characters home - only aloud if invited by character

Both UES characters and Brooklyn characters go to Upper East High School
Brooklyn students are lucky to get in as it is mainly the rich kids bought into here.

The only difference between the Upper East Side(UES) and Brooklyn is the wealth. UES is a wealthy area full of rich people, etc. Brooklyn is the opposite to UES but it doesnt mean they're completely poor, unless you want your characters to be that way. And it doesnt mean that UES are rich stuck up snobs, again unless you want your characters that way.
Here is the link for the characters uniforms - Uniforms

Upper East Side:
..Hayden Vander Woodsen.. - Me (Jcardy)
..Noelle Harrington.. - LilAmy07
..Gwen Everest.. - Lenoba
..Annabelle Lee.. - FurryPanda
..Vienna Brennan.. - Laughy
..Adrien Reid.. - PurpleSummer
..Lina Reid.. - Purple Summer
..Colin Regg.. - xJOFLx
..Shia Belle.. - SwirlyHill

Brooklyn:
..Jordan Cline.. - FurryPanda
..Aubrey Parker.. - Me (Jcardy)
..Hunter Brennan.. - Laughy
..Hailey York.. - omgitsashley
..Nora Freeman.. - paintedgrey78
..Erin Forest.. - xJOFLx
..Christopher York.. - omgitsashley

THESE LINKS MAY ALSO SHOW GOSSIP GIRL MOBILE
..Gossip Girl Blog #1..
..Gossip Girl Blog #2 & Gossip Girl Mobile # 2..
Gossip Girl Blog #3

THESE LINKS MAY ALSO SHOW SLEEPOVERS, ETC
..Hayden's Black & White Party.. #1

Things you should know:
..Roleplay times..
..Roleplay started..
..Character relationships, status and history..
..The social list..

Suggestions:
*To make the roleplay interesting and fun i suggest having some characters from Brooklyn and some from the Upper East Side. The reason being because we will then have a mixture of characters, personalities, class, etc.
*I also strongly suggest that not everything about your character is revealed all at once, due to the roleplay will get boring and die lol.
*Try and work your way up the social ladder - unpopular to popular, etc
*Post to gossip girl whenever you wanna ruin a characters reputation to make your character get better
*Host your own parties, sleepovers, etc
*So people start to get sspicous of your deepest secrets, act in a way you would so people are like whats up with him/her, etc

Name:
Age (depends on what year your character is in school):
Ok, the levels of highschool are.
9th grade = Freshman - ages 14-15
10th grade = Sophmore - ages 15-16
11th grade = Junior - 16-17
12th grade = Senior - 17-19
Upper East Side or Brooklyn:
Personality:
Lifestyle (how you've grown up, etc):
Any secrets that your friends already know (you went to rehab, cheated alot, etc):
NOTE - Characters can be male or female. Parents are not in roleplay just the teens but you can roleplay with them if you go home at one point, theyr just extras if needed. Some secrets can have already been revealed due to the roleplay will start will us already knowing eachother, if anybody new comes in then it will be secretive for them as no one knows them.

* Follow the forum rules
* No spamming - constant posts one after the other
* No taking over another roleplayers character - unless roleplayer allows you too.
* If you wish to create drama between characters, pm roleplayer and myself first. So if you want your character to be ran over by car with other persons character then pm us.
*No violent language unless you do this - b***h, f**k off, etc
*Two characters maximum per person
* Character pictures do not have to be of a sim.
*If you dont want to participate in the roleplay no longer then please pm me.
*I think thats it =D

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS/QUERIES PM ME
heres a link for a brief of gossip girl, etc -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Y113DFqqY
Advertisement
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 1:30 AM
Default Hayden Vander Woodsen - Queen B

Name: Hayden Vander Woodsen
Upper East Side or Brooklyn: Upper East Side
Personality/Lifestyle: Hayden was born in a rich family; also very well-known. The Vander Woodsen's were very kind and gentle, but very popular. Being exposed to this publicity at such a young age, Hayden grew up selfish and a naive girl who knew that she could get whatever she wanted with a snap of her fingers, but now she is trying her hardest to be less selfish.
She is down to earth, fun and easy to get along with just dont get on her bad side. Hayden is Queen Bee of the social scene. She's an only child, she is the daughter of a fashion designer mother named Seliesha Vander Woodesn, her father is unknown to her.
Opportunities like fashion shoots seem to be handed to her on a silver platter.
The one thing to know about Hayden is that she always has the last laugh.
Secrets anyone knows: She uses her popular name to get whatever she wants from anyone, has been arrested before for drunken behaviour. Mother doesn't know any of this
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 2:24 AM
Default Jordan Cline-App
Name: Jordan Cline
UES or Brooklyn: Brooklyn
Personality/Lifestyle: Jordan is the sort of guy you meet and immediately want to hate, but just can't bring yourself to. Abrasive, tactless, short tempered and weird all describe him, but ask any of his friends and you hear honest, witty and free spirited. He is extremely creative and is fruitlessly trying to put together a band, with himself on vocals, but so far hasn't found anyone worth asking.

His parents are jack rich, but Jordan does not see any of that money as his parents prefer to invest it- in their retirement and Jordan's college education. As a result he lives in a three bedroom flat with mostly good-will furniture and the occasional multi thousand dollar painting and sculpture. He does not object to this arrangement, but he prefers to hide it when possible.

Secrets anyone knows: The only reason Jordan is successful in school is that all of his work is divvied up between a small legion of inexplicaby adoring fans.

Picture:

((OOC: My sims 2 game is borked up atm, so I hope a real pic is okay))

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 2:28 AM
[[ ooc: yep thats absolutely fine, thanks for application =D ]]
#5 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 8:47 AM
Default Noelle Harrington App
ooc: glad to see you got this started, ill be back later to edit this post with my app.
Ive been thinking about a couple different characters so I need to decide on one

EDIT:
Name: Noelle Harrington
Age (17-19): 18
Upper East Side or Brooklyn: Upper East Side
Personality/Lifestyle: Known before as a huge party girl and flirt, Noelle has left the party scene and the Upper East Side after a recent event turned her world around. Her mysterious disappearance caused confusion between her Upper East Side friends and after a few months of being MIA, Noelle is finally coming back home.
Noelle has a younger brother, Chase who attends the same school and a father, who owns a chain of night clubs all around New York. Her mother, a news reporter died 10 years ago in a helicopter accident while doing a live broadcast for the News.
Any secrets that your friends already know (you went to rehab, cheated a lot, etc): Has stolen money for drugs and drink on numerous occasions from her father, lost her virginity to a bank manger 3 years ago in a bathroom, something (although they don’t know what) happened one night a few months ago to make Noelle leave town.

ooc: Seen as im going away soon Ill RP when I come back, and that will be when Noelle returns from where-ever she has been (Ooooh)

Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 2:33 PM
alright your added LilAmy07
Thanks for joining
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 3:57 PM
Gwen Everest

Upper East Side

A girl with no limits and morals, the one who talks to anything and anyone and always smiles; the one that is most likely to start a prank and then the first to apologize, young and not very smart, but not really sloppy, just selfish in a way.

Gwen is daughter of Simon Everest, you know, the one who won this incredible amount of money on the lottery? They moved here and his daughter is full of this whealthy nonsense, but well, boys seem to like her and she's got enough friends. She uses to hang out whole evening every day in the week with them, let it be a fashion show, shopping, a koncert, or simply chatting in a park.

Everyone know that Gwen had abortion last year and that the baby was Mr Michaels, who's a teacher in one of the schools near her.

Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 12:27 AM
Thnx fro joining Lenoba =D

Just finished ammending the thread, i think everything is more understandable now lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 5:24 PM
Default Annabelle Lee
Name: Annabelle Lee (Annie to her freinds)
Personality/lifestyle: Annie is a very quiet person, and is painfully shy around guys, but once someone gets to know her, she is as talkative and insightful as the next person. She is a budding artist, having sold a few paintings to (small) museums, and this is a source of bottomless pride for her. In school she does fairly badly, because she can't bring herself to write down an honest opinion for criticism, so she steals her work. This has been happening since grade school and by now is just an idiosyncrasy of hers.

She lives with her mother in a spacious penthouse with her dog, Liberia, and spends most of her time either drawing city scapes or hanging out with her freinds.

Secrets that are known: her father does not live with her mother because he is a convicted arsonist who is serving out his sentence in a New Jersey prison.
She steals all her school work.

Picture

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 7:57 PM
Default Aubrey Parker application

Name: Aubrey Parker
Age (depends on what year your character is in school):16
Upper East Side or Brooklyn: Brooklyn
Personality/ Lifestyle: Aubrey Parker is smart and amazingly pretty ... but is constantly being told she is not working to her full potential. She is also vulnerable, despite having it all together on the surface.
Given her beauty and personality, Aubrey enjoys a steady string of admirers. Despite the attention she receives from the opposite sex, Aubrey constantly longs for real romance. Aubrey is reserved with her secrets as she doesnt like constant attention revolved around her, she is now a dance teacher and likes to design her own clothes although she doesnt seem to have much luck within the making of them.
Aubrey grew up in a rich background, but decided to get away from it all due to the image she was proclaimed as, 'the rich spoilt brat' which she knew wasnt her .. and because of something bad that happened between her and her parents.
Any secrets that your friends already know: Aubrey recentley ran away from her parents, she now lives secretely under the name 'Aubrey Parker' to hide from her parents. She took some of there most priced posessions to get her own flat in Brooklyn, her flat is full of her clothes and reasonabley pricey furniture. Her real name is Cheryl Larter but only her friend Annabelle knows this, everyone else knows her as Aubrey
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 9:21 PM
yeh thanks again for new app FurryPanda

anyone who doesnt understand this roleplay then just go to this link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Y113DFqqY
the link will basically give u a brief on what the show is about, what happenes, what gossip girl is an stuff =D
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 5:33 PM
Heres an example of what gossip girl mobile is like. Gossip Girl will send a text to you from her blog. Only the Upper East Sider's get this aswel as the site, Brooklyn will have to go on site and check updates and they dont have phone .. unless you start becoming more noticed.
Instructor
#13 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 10:40 PM
Yay, Jcardy's back!. Nice to see you back, this looks like so much fun. Count on an app from me in a few
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 12:19 AM
=D .. haha thnx Laughy .. im back for good now, laptops getting checked every week and i get the latest updates, thank god lol .. it killed me when my laptop went last time .. but yeh cool, look forward to your app =D

theres a link posted above, its basically a brief of the show gossip girl an it will give you more of an idea what the roleplay will be like
any questions just pm me k
Instructor
#15 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 1:04 AM
Default Vienna Brennan|App
Name: Vienna Brennan

Age (depends on what year your character is in school): 17

Upper East Side or Brooklyn: Upper East Side, of course.

Personality/Lifestyle: Vienna, and yes that is the name of a city, is a very fun, party girl. She lives by the motto, Life is too short to waste away sitting around, and this has often led to some messy situations. She doesn't always party though and the partying has been brought on by a very bad divorce between her parents when she was 12. She lives with her dad and is , you could say, a trust fund princess but with a very sharp mind. She may look not that bright but as they say things are not always what they seem. She is a very business savvy, entrepreneur and always has the best ideas for any event or venture. Also it is not always partying and thinking that is used to describe Vienna, she has often been described as Beautiful, a go-getter,a fashion plate and countless other things. And so to say, hanging with her is no trip for the not so brave.

Any secrets that your friends already know (you went to rehab, cheated alot, etc): She has a twin brother who lives with her mum in Boston.

Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 1:14 AM
thnx for the app Laughy, added to list lol
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 1:37 AM
Y'know... your message said you'd reckon 8 characters to be enough to start... and we have seven... just saying

Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 1:42 AM
lol .. i might wait till like Thursday-Sunday and then i promise the roleplay will start around that time ok FurryPanda =D
When the roleplay do start i will tell you the roleplay times and we will work out how some of our characters are friends or if some of are new to the school/just moved to new york, etc ..
Instructor
#19 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 1:43 AM
Default Hunter Brennan| App
Name: Hunter Brennan

Age (depends on what year your character is in school):17

Upper East Side or Brooklyn: Brooklyn

Personality/Lifestyle: Hunter is Vienna's twin brother. Since their parents broke up, he has been living with their Socialite mum up in Boston. Oh, but how to describe hunter, he's the sweetest thing since chocolate filled mini eclairs. He's also the artistic type, he's expected to be the silent brooding type but he's not, not even close. He speaks his mind and doesn't hesitate to call it like it is. Hunter could not share a womb with Vienna and not inherit some of her qualities, he is also really fun to hang with as well except not as wild as Vienna. He is moving to New york to start afresh from the scandal that rocked Boston a few months ago. Luckily for him, he's mother sort of helped him and set him up with a sweet three bedroom apartment in Brooklyn.

Any secrets that your friends already know (you went to rehab, cheated alot, etc):
His mum sent him back to New york, but his friends don't know why and he intends to try and keep it that way.

Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 1:47 AM
thanks for the newest app Laughy .. like i said in the post above, roleplay will start around thursday-sunday .. =D
Instructor
#21 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 1:52 AM
No problem, can't wait.
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 1:54 AM
good bio's for your characters btw, that should cause alot of twists =D
love the fact they're twins but complete opposite personalities lol
Instructor
#23 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 1:58 AM
Haha, thanks. Heart your characters too especially Aubrey, just goes to show you that not every rich person likes being rich.
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 2:06 AM
no probs .. yeh lol, shes the secret rich girl lol

so if anyone is confused about the roleplay then dont hesitate to ask .. and uhm theres a link on the page up top to give a brief of what show is about.
So if you still do have problems, etc just pm me =D
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 8:09 PM
oh i forgot to say, i will post when it is morning, noon, afternoon, evening and midnight
:L

Page 1 of 12