Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 1:54 AM
Hi, in the region where I live, the mediafire is blocked, how do I download a city?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#102 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 4:36 AM
@Vincent T.

Some note for the suburban houses- keep the front a bit farther away from the lot lines.

I've included a userpreset.package that should make wallpapering & flooring much easier. Back up your original one before using it.

Also, you don't need to place down small objects like the dandelions

@RuslanRauf- Try using a proxy. Let me know if you continue to run into issues.
Top Secret Researcher
#103 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 3:19 PM
Et voilà, lots C11 and C12. C12 is a firestation, fully decorated and furnished, C11 a residental lot, fully decorated and furnished.

Download from mediafire

Still working on E34...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#104 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 4:25 AM
Got the lots- they fit right in! Only thing I would do is to make exterior lighting orange- and to use the date palm from WA.

Any other lots you might want to try? How about the lot beside the fire station (C13)?
Top Secret Researcher
#105 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 8:38 AM Last edited by Vincent T. : 9th Feb 2016 at 8:47 PM.
If I find time I can try that lot, too.

[edit]

Here you go, have lot E34.

Download from mediafire
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#106 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 3:00 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 12th Feb 2016 at 10:33 PM.
Got your lot and updated the list.

Thanks!
Test Subject
#107 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 8:08 PM
Beautiful work, as always. Have you seen The Kite Runner? I think it could contain some inspiration (also it's a really good movie). Good luck!
Top Secret Researcher
#108 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 7:17 PM
I am procrastinating again. Good for you, here comes C13, unfurnished. Do you need that one furnished as well?

Download from mediafire
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#109 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 10:01 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 15th Feb 2016 at 10:51 PM.
Looks good thanks!

Some basic furnishing would work, thanks

Any lots you want to work on next- maybe some lots in Old Town? Thanks to you (and the others), the New Town is now almost completely filled!

Current Overview:

Area around the oasis is completely filled, along with almost all of the New Town (excluding the lots claimed by Ouerbacker + the school). We now need some lots for the Old Town & the suburbs overlooking New Town! Of course, there's still plenty of interiors to work on!
Instructor
#110 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 8:14 AM Last edited by scoopy_loopy : 17th Feb 2016 at 8:42 AM.
I'd love to contribute in some small way, if you'd like to assign me lots to be furnished or to work on something new just let me know. In the meantime, I'll have a go at whatever takes my fancy for just fun, and post any finished results.

PS. With regards to the "romano/christian" tomb, have you ever played Tomb Raider (1996) or its remake? There's this great level called St. Francis Folly which features challenges from select classical gods beneath a christian church. Could be really fun to re imagine in TS3.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Top Secret Researcher
#111 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 1:15 PM
Lot C13 furnished: Download from mediafire

I'll try do to E36 next but I can't promise anything. The next weeks are going to be busy.
Top Secret Researcher
#112 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 6:59 PM
I should not start that game at all.

Download from mediafire

I will work on E41 next. But again, I cannot not promise anything.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#113 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 4:53 AM
Got your lots- thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by scoopy_loopy
I'd love to contribute in some small way, if you'd like to assign me lots to be furnished or to work on something new just let me know. In the meantime, I'll have a go at whatever takes my fancy for just fun, and post any finished results.

PS. With regards to the "romano/christian" tomb, have you ever played Tomb Raider (1996) or its remake? There's this great level called St. Francis Folly which features challenges from select classical gods beneath a christian church. Could be really fun to re imagine in TS3.

If you want something light, there's some lots in the Old City that can be furnished if you want

Different places of worship being built over each other is quite common in real-life. Of course, full-fledged temples under churches are rare, but I had something like it in Praaven just for the fun of it
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#114 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 12:45 AM
If anyone is encountering the issue where they're encountering missing objects with any version of Monte Vista, this might be a fix.

It's the Eastland objects used, extracted as packages:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7...astlands_CC.rar

Let me know if the objects show up
Instructor
#115 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 4:02 AM Last edited by scoopy_loopy : 22nd Feb 2016 at 6:16 AM.
^ I was literally just about to post wondering if my game was stuffing up or it was by design that the coliseum object was missing from the world. Hopefully this will fix it right up! This fix works.

W/ regards to your reply to me above, furnishing sounds great. Please assign me a couple! (Or even just give me basic run downs, ie; I want E(whichever) to be a starter / pink / green thumb, etc.)

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#116 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 7:38 AM
You can pick out a few in the Old Town (E section).

How about E 25-27?

Thanks
Instructor
#117 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 1:50 PM
I finally took the time to download your world and it is so gorgeous!
Lovely texturing and it ran really smoothly.

Now, I wish I could contribute in some small ways, though, shame on my ancestors, I'm not sure if I have the eye to do justice to this architectural style. ;p
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#118 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 2:10 PM
You can always work on some interiors

The Middle East tends to decorate in a very laisse-faire sort of way.
Test Subject
#119 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
You can always work on some interiors

The Middle East tends to decorate in a very laisse-faire sort of way.

Hi, I have a lot for you: E-45. Will be back with some pics and further details since I built it on my other computer.

Basically, it is 2 apartments above a juice bar/cafe/mercado. There is also a surprise for seekers of truth.

There is an archaeologist that lives in the main apartment (#2 is half decorated for now, but hidden) who has a long-lost half-brother whose father used to own the building. Unbeknownst to the archaeologist, the poor brother has gone mad from his numerous tomb explorations and he wandered back in madness to his old home.

The archaeologist, being such a nice person, gave her long-lost half-brother a job as the food merchant in the mercado. While it may seem a lowly position, the brother has walked through the gates of hell so a nice job with a paycheck smells just like heaven. He moved into a party house across town and is doing very well now.

Let me know, if you'd like these two amazing sims. Your opinion may change after I come back with pics!
Instructor
#120 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 9:33 PM Last edited by scoopy_loopy : 23rd Feb 2016 at 10:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
You can pick out a few in the Old Town (E section).

How about E 25-27?

Thanks

Fantastic. I've started on 26. Just curious how much you want furnished. This lot in particular seems to be 3 buildings. So far I've just about finished decorating the oldest looking one, and was planning on marking the rest as hidden. Is this appropriate?

Furnished: 16, 724 (actually I just realised how close I was to being within "starter" 16,500, so I changed a couple paintings. It's officially a starter apartment now. )
U/Furn: 1, 348
Playtested

Also, is anyone else having troubles with the game loading infinitely when they hit "edit town", or saving?

Test Subject
#121 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 5:06 PM
Default Lot E-45
Hi, I decorated/edited lot E-45 in Old Town. I have a few items of CC that are not necessary but, if you want the exact look, these items are needed:

1) Cafe Break Set - http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...-set/id/963692/
2) Luna's Columns - (not sure of the name, as I have LOTS of Luna CC) - Check here: http://thesimstomb.tumblr.com/ (Volvenom's blog)
3) Paintings (2) - will have to report back on these
4) ATS Postcards - http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/r...wntown_30.shtml

There are minor inclusions of maybe 3-4 EA Store items (Cuckoo Clock, Hat Box, Sauna, Bookcase).

95% of the décor is default but recolored with custom patterns. If you do not attempt to recolor any items, they will retain the patterns.

The property now includes one main apartment (shown) and a partially-decorated but hidden second apartment. The first floor is a mercado/food cashier and a juice bar. Access to the apartments is via the alley. There is one public restroom and a simple roof-top patio.

Play tested.

Pictures:

Slideshow of the world/testing:

Lot: Eastlands Lot E-45
Instructor
#122 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 8:16 PM
^ A food cashier on a residential lot? Wow I didn't even know you could do that! Does it function?

Instructor
#123 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 8:29 PM
I tried my hand at furnishing lot E-48, see if I could get the feel of the world. ;p

I was thinking of maybe getting rid of the elevator and extending the apartment...
Test Subject
#124 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scoopy_loopy
^ A food cashier on a residential lot? Wow I didn't even know you could do that! Does it function?

It's an apartment lot now. Functions so far.
Instructor
#125 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 11:30 PM
I gutted my packages folder (including NRAAS) and I'm still experiencing the infinite saving. I haven't had this issue on my other worlds =/ Is anyone else using patch 1.69 (the devilish one that forces you to launch with Origin), perhaps that is what is disagrees with Eastlands?

Page 5 of 9