Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 6:53 PM Last edited by omglo : 27th Oct 2016 at 2:48 PM.
Default Solved -Reach/Put and object orientation/animation
NVM, solved by adding some joints to the CRES. Since I can't delete here's the tutorial, so this thread isn't a total waste.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=1877533

How do you control the spot where a Sim grabs an object? I've made a cup/flask and the Sims are picking it up from the bottom, so that their palm is resting against the bottom of the glass, instead of grasping the side of the glass. I did set an object animation to go along with the reach/put line, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

I originally cloned an accessory to make the flask, and the sim grabbed the right spot, but then I cloned a vase instead, using the same settings, and ran into this issue (I chose the vase because it would be more versatile (placeable in the inventory etc.).

ETA: screenshots. I put line 3 in since the object animation in line 2 wasn't helping.
Screenshots