Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 8:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife
Default Weird issue I'm having
Ok so this is a strange one. I've been playing sims 2 with the teen style disc. The last couple times I've tried to play a box comes up and says it's the wrong disc. I know it's the right one so I'm not sure what to do here. It worked just fine last week. Any help?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 9:01 PM
what is the exact message?
and which packs do you have?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 9:39 PM
"Wrong disc inserted.

Please insert the original The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff CD/DVD."

I've got university, night life, glamour life, and teen style
Alchemist
#4 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 12:03 AM
might check if the disc became dirty. if so, a cloth might be able to clean it.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 8:57 AM
If all else fails you can try to get the Ultimate Collection on Origin by contacting support and explaining that your disc stopped working. Might take a few tries, but it usually works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 11:42 PM
Yeah, the first thing I tried was to clean it, didn't help. I might just try tracking down another expansion (apartment life or something) and use that anyway. Not sure how this happened. As I said one day it worked and then it didn't. Also, slightly stupid question here but I'd like to know for the future. If I had another copy of the same thing would that work or would that make things screwy? Thanks for the help, really appreciate it.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 12:01 AM
It will work as long as it is the same type CD to CD and DVD to DVD, can you test your drive and make sure it works as it should for sometimes a bad disk drive/CDRom can cause this.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Alchemist
#8 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 12:09 AM Last edited by mdsb759 : 20th Jun 2017 at 12:31 AM.
getting another copy of the disc could work; or getting a newer pack.

or like another poster suggested, might try the Ultimate Collection. from my understanding, it is free for anyone that has any copy of the game. the contact info I think is at the Origin site.
though I have not attempted to get the UC. mainly because of AnyGameStarter.

edit::
following page tells which discs would be needed to play.
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...sed_to_start%3F
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 3:56 PM
Yes any copy of that disc should work. You can even use one from a different region.

It might be your operating system if you're on a new OS which has had updates recently. In which case the Ultimate Collection is the easiest solution, and they really do give it away easily, all you have to do is explain that your disc has stopped working.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 7:34 AM
It seems to be my disc drive sadly. So new question in case I end up needing to replace this pc, Is there a way to transfer the game data I have to a new computer? Especially the custom stuff and the sims I've built in body shop. Also thanks again for all you help.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alien_rai
It seems to be my disc drive sadly. So new question in case I end up needing to replace this pc, Is there a way to transfer the game data I have to a new computer? Especially the custom stuff and the sims I've built in body shop. Also thanks again for all you help.

Yes, you can save all the files in My Documents - or at least the key ones. If you save the entire The Sims folder, you will be transferring a good number of files you don't need. Stick 'em on a USB or something and copy-paste into the new install game files. Don't let neighbourhoods overwrite though. Underlined are essential.

Folders and files to save (I've posted this list before but here goes):

Cameras - save if you have changed the camera settings by editing files in here
Collections - save if you have made any custom collections - if not don't bother
Config - save if you have updated any files in here, especially userStartup.Cheat
Downloads - you will want this one, this is your custom CC
HTTP Cache - ignore
Locked Bins - only keep if you have unlocked any of the hidden pet coats/colours
Logs - ignore
Lot Catalog - if you have lots in the lot bin you want to keep, save this one
Movies - save if you have made any custom movies - if not don't bother
Music - save if you have made any custom music - if not don't bother
Neighbourhoods - these are your saved games so save these
Packaged Lots - if you have saved packed up lots, the files will be in here
Paintings - save if you have added custom graphics to expand your painting options
Pet Breeds - save if you have ever saved a pet you made in CAS as a new breed
Pet Coats - ignore
Projects - save if you have made anything you want to keep in Bodyshop or Homecrafter
Saved Sims - if you have packed a sim up from Bodyshop, the file will be in here
SC4 Terrains - ignore unless you have added custom terrains to your game
Storytelling - for the most part you can ignore this though you might want to check to see if there are any pictures in there you want to keep
Teleport - should be empty anyway
Thumbnails - ignore this

Ignore any loose files in the main folder too.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 11:48 PM
disc drives I take can be replaced without replacing the whole computer.
if any of your real life acquaintances know about computers, they might be better than us in helping with that.