Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 10:46 PM Last edited by FranH : 22nd Jun 2017 at 4:09 AM. Reason: Grammar and space!
I did have a self-sim once. (she's still available, too..) but as I played "me", I developed a surreal sense of uneasiness. I couldn't see me interacting with animated imaginary pixels with any degree of immersion. Playing me in an animated game is just too weird.

I still have that hood, but I haven't played it again. Just too darned much for my sensibilities.

Kind of like "The Twilight Zone" for all intents and purposes.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#27 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 11:40 PM
No I don't have a Sims self, ( never wanted one lol ) but I do play the game to have some Sims that are "rich" I guess in my head is to have and afford the things in my Sims world that maybe not possible in the real world.
Fancy cars, mansion like houses, shop until I drop and prices is not a problem top of the line furniture , Well the Sims is good for whatever fantasy you have you can play it out with your Sims.
Poor Pixel I wonder how much do we as players make our Sims suffer to play out our own style of playing the Sims ( I wonder if my poor Hermit is really happy or not, all he have is his pet dog. )

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#28 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 12:09 AM
What Jo said.

I'm more likely to play through things I think could happen or that may've happened that are unpleasant than pleasant.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#29 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ineedtoworknow
I honestly expected more people, to some limited extent, 'live through their sims'.

While I don't play a version of myself, I do think that I more or less live through my Sims, just in a different way than you imagine. Instead of being the main character, I ride along with my Sims on their journey. It's kind of like the thrills, adventure, emotional roller coaster of reading a book -- except I (usually) get to pick the outcome.

Perhaps it's like with Jo. I'm older. I've already fallen in love, married, had kids. I was even lucky enough to have my dream job -- both of them, actually. I think that's why I play Sims now. I'm not working on my own life goals, so I'm investing my time in the lives of digital dolls. LOL

Oh, I did make Sims that were replicas of my grown sons. I didn't play them long. They started to age and it freaked me out. I could not bear the idea of them growing old and dying so I deleted the game. I'm kind of the same way with my Sims pets. In my last game, I had a legacy family with five generations. I let the characters age up and die, but the first generation's pooch lived on with each heir.

BTW ... I wish you well on your journey to study medicine! Don't let your Sims time get in the way of your REAL LIFE goals!

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Scholar
#30 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 6:00 PM
I don't play with a simself (unless my son insists I make us) but my sims always end up having a million kids, something I wish had been possible for me! At least in real life I have 1 kid with 10 nice points.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 6:38 PM
Nah, I base my sim's lives on their LTW. But I have rules in place so that not every LTW can be achieved. (If its skill/career related anyway)

I haven't made a sim self since TS2 first came out lol. That was only something I've ever done when I was really young.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 9:09 PM
On occasion they've lived out my more outlandish ambitions (supervillainy, immortality, gentleman thief, that kind of thing), but I generally prefer the storytelling aspect of this game when I play it, and quite frankly, while my personal goals in real life are plenty compelling for my real life, they don't make for the kinds of stories I enjoy creating in fiction.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 8:41 AM
I see sims as a chance to have the life that I would never have (maybe not even wanted) in reality.

I start with creating myself but more how I want to look. That means in my case piercings, tattoos, wild hair and stuff that my parents don't allow me for example. Then I build my dream home (that I will probably never be able to afford in real life). I mostly also recreate my boyfriend and marry him (not sure if I ever want to marry in real life), but we never have kids (because I also can't imagine having any). When it comes to my occupation I mainly try out what I find interesting so mainly science stuff (from university) or the gamer career or whatever. Since I - in real life - still have to go to school for two years I havn't really decided what I will do for a living, it might be something related to science or gaming. I also travel a lot because in sims I can afford it. And then I try things out like having my own shop what I will also never do in real life but what could be interesting.

Because of that I start seeing my sim as a improved version of me but the longer I play the more it becomes a different person. More a close friend than a clone

But I also have many other households that are not related to the reality
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 2:37 PM
I don't really live out my ambitions through my sims--although I do tend to let them travel quite a bit--something I would love to do more of, but, alas, lack the funds to do. I mostly play historical and/or vintage hoods, partly for the challenge of setting up low-tech societies, and probably partly from a desire to peek into a simpler, more pleasant time. Yeah, I know, the past could be just as grubby and awful as the present day can be, but hey, I LIKE my rose-colored glasses; they're pretty, and they fit. So...I guess that while I don't project my wants onto my sims, I do try to give them the world as I would like it to be: obstacles and setbacks, sure, but no soul-crushing disasters. Well, for the most part, anyway.

I've never made a self-sim. Frankly, the thought always creeped me out a bit. It always made me think of one of those infinity mirrors. Sure, it's all fun and games to poke at little pixel-me, but then I'd get paranoid about who was poking at MY plumb bob. So yeah, no thanks.

Though, I did name an architect sim I had once after my brother--who is also an architect. He didn't look or act anything like my brother, though; they just had the same name.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 3:55 PM
I only used to make simselfs of me when I was a kid and persued vague/generic goals, like having a girlfriend or being a celebrity in TS1.

As I grew older, I became more intererest in storytelling (even if it is only to myself) and character development, I started to make sims that are very different from each other, both in personality and goals, but they don't always suceed in those goals...
Page 2 of 2