Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 2:05 AM
Default How Do I Mark a Story As Completed?
Just that. I have an old story on the Stories forum which is complete but I could never figure out how to mark it as such. I have a new project in hand, and since the rules say I can't have two stories active I'd like to get that old thread moved to the Completed category..

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Just that. I have an old story on the Stories forum which is complete but I could never figure out how to mark it as such. I have a new project in hand, and since the rules say I can't have two stories active I'd like to get that old thread moved to the Completed category..

Hello @Elynda
I think if you go into your first post of the story you will have the edit option to change the status of the post to be completed.
I appreciate there has been a few changes to posts and deletion of posts recently so whether that will impact on your post, I don't know.
Perhaps a kind moderator will close the story for you, if you give them the details?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 10:09 PM
Yes, there is an edit option down at the bottom, but I still can't see how I can change the status. There is a drop down menu listing categories, but not one for 'Completed'.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Inventor
#4 Old 10th Aug 2023 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Yes, there is an edit option down at the bottom, but I still can't see how I can change the status. There is a drop down menu listing categories, but not one for 'Completed'.

Hello @Elynda
I have taken a screenshot of one of my own current posts to show how to complete.

Hopefully you do have that option.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Aug 2023 at 10:14 PM Last edited by Elynda : 11th Aug 2023 at 12:31 AM.
The story threads seem to be different: the options in the drop down menu are the various story genres and there isn't one for ''Completed'. Things must have been changed since those rules were posted. I'll just have to do as you suggest and ask a moderator. Thanks anyway.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 11th Aug 2023 at 11:52 AM
Hi there,

I've added a Completed category to the Sims 3 story section but because threads can only have one category at a time this means that it will remove any existing genre category you have. If you dont want to use the Category you could also just edit the title and put [COMPLETED] after it, to mark it as "completed".

Hope this helps

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Aug 2023 at 9:28 PM
@Tashiketh Thank you for doing that. I've now marked 'Farewell to Avalon' as Completed. It may be a while before I can post the new story (I want to be sure I know how it will develop, and that I can be sure it will be completed) but at least now I know I can post it