Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 4:05 PM
Yes, it's working perfectly:

Thanks again You've saved me from using waterplanes everywhere, that would have been a nightmare!

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 4:11 PM Last edited by Prismatic : 22nd Jul 2015 at 5:07 PM.
Hooray! Just don't forget to add non-routable paint in the river, unless you want your sims to wade right through it (partially possible, but not really recommended)!

Edit: Uh oh, @Nilxis! I noticed that the ferns and those other plants that you're using are actually from Sunlit Tides! Given your statement about no store content, I just thought I'd give you a heads-up about it if you haven't already noticed!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 10:23 PM
Sure! The water objects will be non-routable, and there will be some more water planes where sims can swim.

Regarding the ferns and the other plants, they're not from Sunlit Tides The ferns are actually a recolor of the Bismarck palms from Island Paradise, and the other plants are also from the EPs I'm using, but most of them are recolored.

Lab Assistant
#29 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 8:31 AM
Whoa, that caught me off-guard, they look nothing like the palms at all! I really thought they were the ones from Sunlit Tides, they look so... fern-y! Totally had me fooled, I had to double-check ingame for the other plants aswell, I swear they looked like the preview images in the store. Turns out that I pretty much haven't paid attention to anything that's been added to the game besides Supernatural and Midnight Hollow. Ah, tunnel vision, I love you.
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 3:53 AM Last edited by Bordew5 : 29th Jul 2015 at 4:58 AM.
Absolutely stunning. Can't wait to explore the "tombs" of this world with my adventurer sim, and couldn't agree with jje1000 more; this reminds me so much of Atlantis The Lost Empire, loved the style of that movie!
Here's a few more screenshots from the movie for inspiration or ideas. (:

And some real-life inspiration.
Instructor
#31 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 7:07 AM
@Nilxis Forgive me if I'm off topic, but since I read your older posts at TS3 official forum regarding the sculpting method of a world, I wonder if you used World Machine for this or did you hand sculpt it? I've been studying the threads over there and have some success with WM, but I am only curious with this.

Matthew
Mad Poster
#32 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
@Nilxis Forgive me if I'm off topic, but since I read your older posts at TS3 official forum regarding the sculpting method of a world, I wonder if you used World Machine for this or did you hand sculpt it? I've been studying the threads over there and have some success with WM, but I am only curious with this.

Matthew

From the looks of it I don't think World Machine was used.

P.S., there is a tutorial on a World Machine-CAW workflow here if you're interested:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=557548
Instructor
#33 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 9:17 AM
jje1000 yeah I thought it wasn't procedurally generated too, but still it looks wonderful. After I found WM I feel that I'm saved. I don't know the slightest about hand sculpting and simply hate it! I've read your tutorial linked before, very useful. Thanks!
Test Subject
#34 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 3:48 AM Last edited by Bordew5 : 15th Jan 2016 at 4:39 PM.
Not sure if you've came up with a look for the sims who populate this world yet, but if you're looking for ideas it might be cool to bring back the natives from The Sims Castaway Stories. Here's a couple I mocked up earlier today, tried to keep them as close to the original style as possible without custom content (apart from the tattoos) and think they turned out pretty good! Opted for white hair on all of them like the Atlanteans though. (X

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 1:52 PM
Thank you so much @Bordew5 for all the inspiration pictures, they will be very useful I still haven't thought much about the looks of the sims, but I'm definitely going for something like this. Your sims look so amazing! I'm imagining them walking down the streets of the city and it looks great

@SimsMatthew, as jje1000 says, I haven't used World Machine, everything is hand-sculpted. I might try WM in the future, but to be honest I really enjoy hand-sculpting despite being so annoying sometimes

Instructor
#36 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 2:12 PM
@Nilxis you never use WM? 'Cause I read the threads at TS3 Forum and I thought you're a WM user! But nonetheless it still is beautifully sculpted especially with good terrain painting. BTW if you don't mind I do hope that you can take a look at my routing data issue

Cheers!
Field Researcher
#37 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:18 PM
This world looks awesome.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 3:51 PM
:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 1:13 AM
Thanks everyone!

A new update is going to be released on August 9th in a collaboration with the sims magazine Sims Vita, but since the city in the mountains is starting to take shape I thought it would be nice to share some new pictures. I'm gonna show you an area that I really like how it's turning out:

I was inspired by the 11th picture of Atlantis The Lost Empire posted by Bordew5 to make this aqueduct with a waterfall, so thanks

Also, as you might have seen, I've finally decided a name for the world: Uranesia. It was my first idea (I came up with it more than a year ago), so since it has been in my head for so long I feel like it's the name that suits better.

I've chosen a name for the city in the mountains too: Nea Divarapolis, which means something like "new city of walls". It's a weird mixture of Ancient Greek and Hindi that might not be 100% grammatically correct but hey it sounds good to me

Instructor
#40 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 1:53 AM
Love what you've done with the water in the second picture <3 Very impressive.
Instructor
#41 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 7:11 AM
<--- flabbergasted

:lovestruc
Theorist
#42 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 6:21 PM
Sweet heavens, this is amazing. I literally cannot find words to describe this.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 11:30 PM
Thanks guys, I'm so happy you like it

Sims Vita has released its 5th issue today, which includes the update I had prepared. Check it out here: http://www.simsvita.com/magazine/5/
In it you can see the rural area of the city, some of the canals, the mill, some recolors and some pictures of the world's weather.

Here are two pictures:

Right now the city has more things than what you can see in Sims Vita's update. The layout of the lower part of the city is finished and I've started building some lots. Soon I'll show it to you

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 2:38 AM
Absolutely gorgeous. You are so very talented Nilxis! Did you say you were going to have floating islands like the ones in Avatar? :D
Mad Poster
#45 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 4:06 AM
Just wondering- how big can you make the moon?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#46 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 5:56 AM
WOW! A Neptune-like planet as a custom moon, alongside other small moons. Are the orbiting each other and do they also have moon/'planet' phases?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 8:26 AM
I want a tutorial on how to make custom moons... Those look so wonderful that I'm beginnig to doubt you are making the Sims 3 world! And how to make that goshdarn custom water...

And btw, nixilis... you can use handsculpting combined with world machine to realisically paint the world in one go... you just need to keep an eye on erosion and layer height.
Theorist
#48 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
I want a tutorial on how to make custom moons...

Same, I need to add a death star moon to my custom future hood but I left it so long I dont know where to look for info...lol

Also, I'm loving the American style pyramid. I always wanted an aztec/Inca styled hood, and although this isn't in that style (too tropical) it definitely does sate a part of that hunger. The 'blue jupiter' in the sky borders on revolutionary, I must say. Ts3 rules! Well done Nilxis

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 2:06 AM Last edited by Nilxis : 11th Aug 2015 at 2:22 AM.
@pj, thanks! Yes, there's going to be an area in the world with many floating islands/rocks. I'll just place some rocks in the air, grouped together with plants, waterfalls, etc. so the look like floating islands. I'll try to make floating lots too, with floating platforms created with cfe surrounded by rocks placed from CAW, it might work but I'll have to test it.

@jje1000, I don't know if there's any limit. The radius of the moon in Uranesia is 1500. Actually, the moon's radius in this update's pictures was 950 (a number higher than this made it look too blurry). However I've managed to make it bigger and get rid of the blur by enlarging the IMG files as well (from 256x256 to 1200x1200 pixels). So I guess one could make a 10000 radius moon that doesn't look blurry with the moon's IMG files at around 8000 pixels. That would be too heavy though.

@mixa97sr, to make custom moons you just have to download the moon phases files that Pyronium3 uploaded HERE, then customize each phase and import them into your world with S3PE To change the size you have to edit the number for the moon radius in the file "SkyCommon.ini". And the custom water is just custom textures under the water

I tried to add an erosion effect to my heightmap in World Machine but the terrain shape changed completely. I don't know if I did it correctly though, but I think for now I'll stick with CAW's tools.

@Jawusa, yes I've created different custom images for each moon phase. Here's all the phases that will show up:

yep, there will be an eclipse every month/week. The list of weird things is getting bigger

@tizerist, glad you like it! and long live TS3!

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#50 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 6:54 AM
OMG! It looks great! Especially the sun eclipse. As you say there is an eclipse every month/week. I assume it's a binary star system, right? (Like Alpha Centauri...)

I love planets and moons. And this is just perfect! I can't wait to play in this world. Oh and could you also modify the sun? You said this world is in another solar system, so could you decrease/increase the size of the sun and give it another color than yellow/orange (at sunsets)? Our sun is yellow/orange but there are also red, white and blue stars out there.

If you want to make the sun bigger, then it would be a red sun. If you want to make it smaller, then it's a light blue sun. Here's a picture of the habitable zones of stars.

Of course, it's your world and you decide what to do in your world. This is just a suggestion.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Page 2 of 22