Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 12:31 PM
Default Selected neighbourhood NPC mod
Hi, my question is, is it possible to create default NPC clothing for one neighbourhood only and all the others stay the same?? From everything I have read, the only option seems to be changing every neighbourhood.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 12:57 PM
Defaults work on all neighborhoods, so no.
If you mean NPC uniforms, I think the sims revert back to the default ones, and some you can't change manually at all (the 'untouchables' that may cause corruption if you mess with them).

There are a few ways around, though. If you only play one neighborhood each play session you can make separate default NPC clothing folders for your different hoods, keep them out of the Downloads folder, and put in the one for the neighborhood you want to play that session.

If you have enough space on your computer and want to go one step further, you could make separate game folders (rename original The Sims 2 folder, game creates new folders, or just copy the folder you had) and you can make entirely separate games with separate Downloads folders. Would work for themed games like medieval, or for a test game when you don't want to try something out in your main game. The folder with the original name is the one that runs, and the only thing they share is what is in the install files.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 1:13 PM
There's No NPC Revert which allows you to choose any custom clothes for your NPC as many times as you want. So you'll have unique sims for every neighborhood.
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magiclady332
Hi, my question is, is it possible to create default NPC clothing for one neighbourhood only and all the others stay the same?? From everything I have read, the only option seems to be changing every neighbourhood.

Yes it is possible, but not simple. A&N gives all NPCs a western outfit at West World holiday neighbourhood and uses an outfit set copied from the movie Barberella at the space holiday neighbourhood. NPCs outfits have a GUID and you will need to give your outfit set for the neighbourhood a GUID and find a way to differentiate that neighbourhood from the others from a global op-code so that GUID is used instead of the default GUID.
Theorist
#5 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 9:59 AM
Hello All. I was inspired by last creations made by Jawusa and Reiverview project that was recently uploaded to MTS and decided to make my own neighbor hood. I found this topic cause I have similar question but with one difference. Don't you know if NPCs spawning have any spacial settings for suburban or downtown neighborhoods? I mean, can NPs be spawned as addition to main neighborhood?
I used AnyGamestarter and all looks like game is adding extra NPCs with downtown neighborhoods, but they will left with no use. If main hood has 3 NPCs of each time, then any NPCs of same tyme just leaved with no purpouse.
I there any mod to fix this and have more then 3 NPCs in staff. Could I made anything that made NPCs not to spawn with subhoods and downtown??
Regards. Vic.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.