Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 5:11 AM
Default Help Clone a Game Rack
Yeah, I've been at this all day and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Since you can't recolor the GAMES on the game rack without making a clone of the object, that's what I'm trying to do.

I've successfully made the object and retextured it, but the problem I'm having is when I go in-game, instead of being a stand-alone object it replaces the Maxis object instead - even though I checked the stand-alone object box.

I really don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong here. I 'm running SimPE version 0.62.1 and I'm not very familiar with what "Geographic Nodes" and all that stuff is. If someone decides to help me, I need you to explain it to me like you would a 10 year old.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 5:44 AM
It sounds like you haven't gotten a new GUID for your object. Whenever you clone an object you need a new Guid so the new object doesn't replace the original. I'm not good at explaining things off the top of my head so I would take a look at this tutorial http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=104795 .

The part you want is at the middle of the second part of that tutorial. You can skip the rest since it is mostly about meshing and importing the new mesh which you aren't doing here. Just look for the heading that says "Registering your objects “GUID”."

Hope this helps
Becka
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 6:05 AM
Thanks much, I'll read into this and reply back if I can get it solved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 6:54 AM
It worked! Thanks a bunch you've really helped a lot with pointing me in the right direction. Much thanks.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 7:14 AM
Not a problem. Glad that fixed it.